Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 04:57 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Whenever Hawkeye tries to act all grown up, I see an 8 year old kid. Is it just me?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 05:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
when you got Hawkeye pointing out how ridiculous you look you should know that you are in deep trouble.

Think about that!

Hawkeye talks about himself in the third person. Thats only a little creepy.

Imagine that.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 05:06 pm
@izzythepush,
What can I say?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 05:12 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Quote:
when you got Hawkeye pointing out how ridiculous you look you should know that you are in deep trouble.

Think about that!

Hawkeye talks about himself in the third person. Thats only a little creepy.

Imagine that.

everyone knows that i am a little off. This is your headline??!!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 05:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I am done.

I figure there is a 5% that you and all of the other little boys will make the attempt to enter the grown ups ranks.

You should have written the "I'm done"...after you continued to do it, Hawk. Putting it before...and then doing more of it...simply highlights your hypocrisy.

In any case, I am saying there is nothing wrong with straying off topic...not that discussing Chris Christie is actually straying off topic in this thread.

So I feel comfortable doing it.

You are berating it...touting your abhorrence of it...while continuing to do it.

Get the message, Hawk.

Or understand why people are laughing at you.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 06:50 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
He thinks he's Lady Gaga.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2015 06:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Partly I like it that hawkeye (we are not in agreement on much) doesn't like the insult detours. I think our penchant for back and forth insults here (yes, I know, I do it too), while fun, has kept this place from being taken seriously.

So is your mother..
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2015 08:18 am
@ossobuco,
I don't mind give and take. I am not happy that they tend to insult with no real point. So I jazz them back and put my argument in the next post. And hawkeye10 runs hot and cold on "insult"
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2015 01:50 am
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
This is the rationale for supporting death squads and instructing military personnel from Central and South America in the fine art of torture. Wow! Apparently, supporting bloody dictators like Pinochet and others does not present a moral problem to you at all. "The end justifies the means."

Have you ever considered the possibility that the policy of installing and supporting right-wing dictators may turn out to be counterproductive in the long run? I guess the excesses of Batista in Cuba (another U.S.-supported dictator) had nothing to do with Castro coming to power.

It was a bad situation. We had to do something to prevent the Communists from destroying us.

Yes, supporting brutal dictators was bad. But being destroyed by the Communists would have been even worse.

wmwcjr wrote:
In 1953 the U.S. deposed a democratically elected leader and installed a dictator known as the Shah. The result? As a result, the world now has to deal with an "Islamic Republic" that has one of the worst records of human rights violations in the world. Even your hero Ron Paul, the darling of the John Birch Society, agrees that the U.S. was wrong to install the Shah in Iran.

The US didn't install the Shah in Iran. We did play a role in the coup, but it was a small role.

The overthrow of Iran's democracy was mostly done by the same clerics who later overthrew the Shah and who rule Iran today. The coup mainly came from inside Iran, not from outsiders.

Even among outside supporters, the US role in the coup was small. Most outside support for the coup came from the British, who were justifiably outraged that Mossadegh was stealing their oil.

wmwcjr wrote:
Please study some history. The U.S. was meddling in Latin America before the Communists came to power in Russia. So, please stop with the "resisting Communism" line. If there had never been a Communist threat, we still would have been messing around in Latin American to promote "business interests."

Our ancestors did a lot of bad things in their day. But that doesn't mean that we were not honestly trying to prevent Communism from destroying us.

Note that when the Cold War ended, we dropped our support for all those horrible dictators. And despite the yapping of that little Chihuahua in Venezuela, we stopped opposing Left-wing governments in Latin America. We've also done nothing to enforce the Monroe Doctrine lately. China has made many business deals with Latin American states in recent years, and we haven't had a single objection.

wmwcjr wrote:
Baldimo, if you had been born in the U.S.S.R. in, say, 1950, I have no doubt you would have been a "good" little Communist and would have supported the various interventions in the satellite countries to keep them from straying to "capitalism." You're no better.

I disagree that there was moral equivalence between Communism and the Free World.

Communism was ultimately a horrible dictatorship that ruthlessly suppressed dissident viewpoints. The Free World was, well, free.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:49 am
It seems to me Christie is pretty much out, what does anyone think of the chances of Jeb Bush being elected by hardline conservatives in the primary?
Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 11:59 am
@revelette2,
I'm not a fan of either one. I'm keeping my options open for now, we have more then a year before the real election season starts. There could be 50 people in the field for either party and it wouldn't matter, 1 year is a very long time for things to go right and wrong.

My real hope is that there turns out to be a strong 3rd party candidate that can school them all. Although knowing how things work, anyone that does step forward will be shouted down by both parties and ignored by the news media.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

I'm not a fan of either one. I'm keeping my options open for now, we have more then a year before the real election season starts. There could be 50 people in the field for either party and it wouldn't matter, 1 year is a very long time for things to go right and wrong.

My real hope is that there turns out to be a strong 3rd party candidate that can school them all. Although knowing how things work, anyone that does step forward will be shouted down by both parties and ignored by the news media.

Actually, I agree with you, Baldimo.

I think the Tea Party ought to set up a 3rd party...and put forth a candidate to show that this country expects better than the two major parties can deliver.

In fact, I'd love it. Probably would donate money.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 12:21 pm
Well, I don't know too much about him, but what I have heard so far, he seems pretty moderate for today's republican, one I think I could stand, unless some stuff comes out or I learn more about him and find his views don't mess with mine enough. To be flat dead honest, not wild about Hillary, don't really even know why except maybe a holdover from 2008 and that is not a good enough reason.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2015 02:32 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:
what does anyone think of the chances of Jeb Bush being elected by hardline conservatives in the primary?

I'm likely to cross party lines and vote for him. I could do with another 16 years of Bush presidency.
0 Replies