Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 03:27 pm

Quote:
The U.S. Justice Department investigation into Gov. Chris Christie’s role in the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal has thus far uncovered no evidence indicating that he either knew in advance or directed the closure of traffic lanes on the span, federal officials tell NBC 4 New York.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/chris-christie-bridgegate-federal-probe-george-washington-bridge-closures-gwb-275661911.html

Will this quiet MSNBC, and edgar?

I'm not holding my breath.
BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 03:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Will this quiet MSNBC, and edgar?

Not likely as the idea that he did not know is still very unlikely to say the least.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 04:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
No evidence of any wrong doing is supposed to shut a news organization up?

When MSNBC comes close to the number of stories on bridgegate that FOX has done on Benghazi then they should shut up. But based on FOX's insistence to continue to beat a non scandal 2 year later, I doubt MSNBC will approach Fox's standard for shutting up.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 04:31 pm
@parados,
MSNBC is a "news organization?"

You could have fooled me.

Opinion organization perhaps, but not a news organization. It doesn't report on stories, it comments on them.

parados

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 04:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
MSNBC is as much a news organization as FOX is. MSNBC isn't even close to the FOX Benghazi story total with their stories on bridgegate so why do you feel they should stop beating a dead horse?
oralloy

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 10:40 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
MSNBC is as much a news organization as FOX is.

Neither Fox nor MSNBC deserve to be called a news organization.

CNN doesn't deserve the label either.

I don't know precisely when American journalism went from "world class" to "totally sucks" but all the American news channels really suck these days.

al-Jazeera America is the least bad of the bunch, but they are still new and trying to get their footing.

I get my TV through Dish Network, and am seriously considering getting their "International News" package. (Gotta get a more expensive dish to do it though, because the added channels are all on their "international channel" satellite.)
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2014 10:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Nope.

Anyone that separates themselves from the people for power can go down under the eye of oblivion for all eternity.

(This sentence is carefully structured so that your brain cannot help itself from saying "for all I care".)
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 12:46 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Excerpt:

"For all the partisan brouhaha associated with “Bridge-gate,” it looks increasingly like there was in fact serious malfeasance involved, and that malfeasance may directly implicate Christie. A report in the Bergen Record from September 4 revealed that low-level Port Authority Police officers, incensed the morning of the bridge lane closures about potentially catastrophic security problems, were ordered over police radio frequencies to “shut up” by high-level Police commanders. David Wildstein—Christie’s longtime ally, childhood associate, and formerly anonymous progenitor of the influential PolitickerNJ gossip website—was also observed surveying the scene that morning in a car driven by another childhood friend of both Christie and Wildstein, Police Lt. Thomas “Chip” Michaels. The idea that Christie had no knowledge of the plot now strains credulity such that he is virtually disqualified for the purposes of 2016.

"The establishment Republican donor class seems to have acknowledged this. A clear subtext of Byron York’s Washington Examiner article last week on the new flurry of chatter about a potential Mitt Romney 2016 candidacy shows that the establishment has all but abandoned Christie. (York also conducted an informal poll of his Twitter followers about their favored 2016 candidate, and found that zero—literally, zero—had a preference for Christie).

"It would not be a total shock if Christie gets indicted in the near future. It also seems highly likely that his close ally Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Democrat of New York, possesses some kind of “smoking gun” evidence implicating Christie in Bridgegate, given their shared jurisdiction over the Port Authority bi-state agency. The Wall Street Journal reported in December 2013 that Christie personally phoned Cuomo for still-undisclosed reasons pertaining to the issue. What was the nature of that phone call? We still don’t know. We do know, however, that at a press conference last week on the alleged terror threat facing the New Jersey-New York region, a reporter asked Christie whether any protocols had been put in place to prevent another dangerous security incident, like what occurred on September 11, 2013 as a result of the bridge lane closures. Comically, Cuomo himself intervened as a salve, rattling off a boilerplate non-answer; the two then walked off without saying anything further. Christie looked like a deer in the headlights.

"So by my lights, Christie is basically finished."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/why-ted-cruz-could-win-in-2016/
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2014 01:11 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
We here in New Jersey are stuck with him.

I hope you are correct that the United States as a nation...will not be stuck with him.

Despite considerable evidence to the contrary...he is an empty suit.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2015 01:44 pm
Chris Christie is a bloody traitor!
He's consorting with the enemy... that being Dallas Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones.
http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/2qcmpn/democalypse-2016---it-beginnnnnssss---
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 02:13 am
The WP ED BOARD is right that Christie getting chummy with the anti vaccine narcissistic idiots is a good sign that the fat man is not qualified for the position which he seeks. By the look of it he is not qualified for the position that he currently holds
roger

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 03:06 am
@hawkeye10,
Sometimes, we disagree. This ain't one of them. A few years ago, I had such high hopes for the man.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 07:51 am
He is an abomination for New Jersey...a man dedicated to furthering his own career with almost no thought whatsoever for the office to which we was elected other than as a personal stepping stone.

Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 11:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
You say this as if that isn't the aim of most politicians.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:03 pm
@Baldimo,
Only on the right.

Quote:
It's a common grumble that politicians' lifestyles are far removed from those of their electorate. Not so in Uruguay. Meet the president - who lives on a ramshackle farm and gives away most of his pay.

Laundry is strung outside the house. The water comes from a well in a yard, overgrown with weeds. Only two police officers and Manuela, a three-legged dog, keep watch outside.

This is the residence of the president of Uruguay, Jose Mujica, whose lifestyle clearly differs sharply from that of most other world leaders.

President Mujica has shunned the luxurious house that the Uruguayan state provides for its leaders and opted to stay at his wife's farmhouse, off a dirt road outside the capital, Montevideo.

The president and his wife work the land themselves, growing flowers.

This austere lifestyle - and the fact that Mujica donates about 90% of his monthly salary, equivalent to $12,000 (£7,500), to charity - has led him to be labelled the poorest president in the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20243493
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You say this as if that isn't the aim of most politicians.

Actually, I don't think it is, but I understand your position.

In any case, Christie takes it to an almost absurd degree. He lives and acts like someone entitled to be king.

No matter how down he is now...no matter how formidable the opposition...he may at some point become president. If that tragedy happens...all of the people will see the nothingness that is Chris Christie.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:12 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
This austere lifestyle - and the fact that Mujica donates about 90% of his monthly salary, equivalent to $12,000 (£7,500), to charity - has led him to be labelled the poorest president in the world.

Perhaps in money and material things. But this guy and his wife are vastly wealthy in ways matter a hell of a lot more than money and material things.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:27 pm
@izzythepush,
HA HA HA. You say "only on the right" and then post a story about the President of Uruguay? Funny guy Izzy.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:28 pm
@Baldimo,
I knew you wouldn't understand.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2015 12:37 pm
@izzythepush,
Maybe you should have said "Well not everyone", instead of "on the right". It was a cheap shot that took away from your message. You don't always have to be bitter.