Is There Any Chance Christie Did NOT Know About the Dirty Tricks?

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 10:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
but youll still not vote for him for pres?.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 10:09 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
For the sake of the country, I hope he now is toast!

Why after all Christie is the head of a legal state government and we do not get to question the actions of the people in charge of our governments in your world view at least.

Your usual oversimplification and mischaracterization of my opinions, Bill. Done in your usual poorly worded way.

I have questioned our government often...and I see nothing wrong with it at all. In the case of Edward Snowden, and the work of the NSA...I have a different opinion from you.

Quote:
Surely Christie know best so who the hell are you to challenge his actions?

Frankly, I am not challenging his actions. I am as much a spectator as you. I am allowed to give my opinions on what is happening...just as you are allowed to give yours on other issues.

Quote:

Next you will be challenging the actions of the NSA bureaucrats.

If you think so.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 10:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Quote:
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

[Christie has one thing going for him: Wildstein is a psychopath.
Christie has one thing going against him: Wildstein is a psychopath.

Which may be why he was on his team in the first place.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Christie is a fearsome guy...a guy with tremendous power...and a willingness to use it in ways that go way outside the norm.

He reminds me very much of Richard Nixon...a guy with imagined and real enemies...and a willingness to intend great harm on anyone he considered either.

No matter what he knew...or when he knew it...

...the fact is he conducted himself much like Shakespeare's version of Henry II did with Thomas Becket...saying his variation of, "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?"

So, yes, he probably has plausible deniability...but there is no doubt who planted the seeds that we see have grown into the crop now at hand.

Now he is reaping!

This latest offensive by the Christi team to label Wildstein as a "psychopath, going rogue" can be described as sheer desperation by the governor. If David Wildstein, former Port Authority executive, were so ill-equipped as a functioning individual, why hire him at $150,000 annually without a job description?...There is NO résumé of personal, educational, professional qualifications and experience for Wildstein on record for this executive senior position at the Port Authority? After all, Wildstein was an individual the governor had known since high school....Governor Christi hired Wildstein at his own discretion....and no questions asked, so it seems. I expect there will be a lot of parsing by Christi but I think the Governor is in the final stage of his governorship. As the poster Hawk said, "the fat man is cooked!"

Many politicians are corrupt, that is, they will do something for you in exchange for your doing something for them....quid pro quo....sometimes, as in the case of Rod Blagojevich, former governor of Chicago, who tried to sell Obama's senate seat to the highest bidder, now serving time in prison of 14 years. Christi, however, appear to be a more sinister corrupt type of politician with seemingly no limits to his power which permeates the entire state of New Jersey with vindictive style tactics. Christi is poisonous and the sooner he falls from his perch the heathier the New Jersey atmosphere will become.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 11:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Sic semper all RINOs.

David
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 11:55 am
I keep circling back to this photo taken on 9/11/13
http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/BN-BC112_0114br_G_20140114110203.jpg
and Christies statement:
Quote:
“I have had no contact with David Wildstein in a long time, a long time, well before the election,” which was held Nov. 5, Mr. Christie said last week. “You know, I could probably count on one hand the number of conversations I’ve had with David since he worked at the Port Authority. I did not interact with David.”

..somebody here likened Christie to Nixon.
It's not the party affiliation, it's the same pure arrogance of power.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:07 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
He was an anonymous blogger? What possibly relevance does that have? This reads like Scientology bull-baiting, a bunch of innuendo meant to cast doubts. Oh, one problem: It's mean to sow doubts about a man given a job by Christie. Some of the "damning" facts in the letter are credited to a story titled "Ex-Blogger Is Governor Christie's Eyes, Ears Inside The Port Authority." So what's the spin? This man that the governor trusted with a job came with decades of built-up personality flaws?

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/02/01/read_the_goofy_talking_points_chris_christie_is_using_to_discredit_david.html

Well, this is not quite right....

Quote:
This man that the governor made a brand new job for came with decades of built-up personality flaws?

fixed.

He wanted this man in the Port Authority so badly that he made up a new job to do it, and now all he can talk about is how much this guy sucks??!!
BULL. ****.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:10 pm
@panzade,
Quote:

Nixon was political talent with no moral rudder to guide it....sounds right these days.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:11 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Gov. Chris Christie booed by Times Square crowd at Super Bowl event

Christie, whose state is hosting the big game Sunday, was twice booed when introduced on Saturday amid the scandal surrounding his administration. Meanwhile, the New Jersey governor reportedly sent an email to supporters ripping David Wildstein, the former Port Authority official claiming Christie knew of the George Washington Bridge lane closures as they happened.

Lupica: Chris Christie's political career is over if aides can prove he lied

It was a tough thing for a Jersey guy to hear: Boos rained down Saturday on Gov. Chris Christie like he was wearing a Tony Romo jersey.

The once-immensely popular Christie, his glow lost to scandal, sat stone-faced as he was razzed in Times Square for a typically upbeat Super Bowl event.

“You made it across the bridge?” howled one heckler as the problem-plagued Christie — in a navy Windbreaker and black scarf — sat impassively on the stage at Broadway and W. 43rd St.

One day after allegations that a lying Christie knew about the Bridgegate scandal as it happened, the governor sat uncomfortably in the spotlight on the eve of the Super Bowl.

The once-immensely popular New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was booed twice Saturday at a Super Bowl event in Times Square.

Christie, whose state is host to the game, made brief remarks about the Broncos-Seahawks showdown before ducking away without answering questions about the latest revelations.

Recent polls showed the governor’s approval rating taking a huge hit amid charges about the George Washington Bridge lane closings and a Hurricane Sandy aid shakedown in Hoboken, N.J.

RELATED: LUPICA: CHRIS CHRISTIE'S CAREER IS OVER IF AIDES CAN PROVE HE LIED

Christie was twice booed when introduced on Saturday, and the negativity continued through his speech. He rarely cracked a smile while sitting between NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and New York Jets owner Woody Johnson.

On Friday, an attorney for David Wildstein — a high school classmate of Christie — released a letter charging the governor lied when he claimed no knowledge of the lane closings until they were over.

The charges led New Jersey state Sen. Loretta Weinberg to speculate Saturday that her investigative committee could subpoena the governor about the Sept. 9-12 lane closings.

RELATED: PUT CHRISTIE UNDER OATH

“We have subpoenaed the governor’s office and his reelection campaign for documents,” said the Bergen County Democrat. “When that’s all done, we’ll consider the next step.”

Christie, in a 700-word email to friends and supporters, ripped into Wildstein, according to Politico.com.

“Bottom line — David Wildstein will do and say anything to save David Wildstein,” read the Saturday message titled “5 Things You Should Know About The Bombshell That’s Not a Bombshell.”

SUSAN WATTS/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Mayor de Blasio and Gov. Cuomo were visibly more cheerful than the embattled New Jersey governor at the Super Bowl event Saturday.

RELATED: CHRISTIE CAMPAIGN SEEKS FUNDS TO COVER BRIDGEGATE LEGAL COSTS

The traffic was reportedly payback for Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich’s refusal to endorse Christie in his lopsided 2013 reelection victory.

Democratic state Sen. Raymond Lesniak, after predicting Christie would use executive privilege to duck any subpoena, said it was time to consider impeachment.

“He stonewalled it to the very end, until the emails came out,” said the Union County senator. “This is becoming more and more a serious political liability to the governor and a breach of the public trust.”

Christie’s ex-campaign manager Bill Stepien has already told the bipartisan state legislative committee investigating Bridgegate that he will take the Fifth Amendment if called.

Wildstein has also taken the Fifth Amendment, although he has said he will speak if granted immunity.

Lesniak said he expected other administration insiders to follow suit and refuse to cooperate.

“I would expect that to continue,” he said.

[email protected]

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/chritie-booed-times-square-crowd-super-bowl-event-article-1.1599080#ixzz2sCikBtIr
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:20 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:

New Yorkers taking a dislike to a Gov from New Jersey?? I figure that happens every day, especially when he sits in a New York event. Who thought this was a good idea?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
NYC Democrats booing a known Republican from ANYWHERE??
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 04:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

Nixon was political talent with no moral rudder to guide it....sounds right these days.

It was I...and I want to acknowledge that at the end...I came to realize that a great political being was being undone by hubris and insecurity.

Nixon could have been great!

Perhaps Christie could have also.

But Christie is one of the most disgusting bullies ever...and I would not wish him on the US. I regret that we from New Jersey have to endure him until his term expires...or he is thrown out of office.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 2 Feb, 2014 05:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

New Yorkers taking a dislike to a Gov from New Jersey?? I figure that happens every day, especially when he sits in a New York event. Who thought this was a good idea?

Of course New Yorkers are interested in what's happening to the governor of NJ, at least among those who follow national political events. Not every New Yorker will be aware of the Christ scandal, just like some New Jerseyites are ignorant of what's going on with their governor. In every society there will be those who remain unaware of events going on around them.

I am not into sports per se. I do know the Super Bowl event is being hyped here in New York like it was the second coming with Mayor de Blasio and Governor Cuomo sharing the stage with governor Christi, the latter being booed. The GWB is a bridge many thousands use to go into New York and vice versa.New Yorkers were inconvenienced as well as New Jerseyans.

New Jersey is bearing the brunt of the Super Bowl storm, but New Yorkers are by no means off the hook. The Times Union of Albany reported on Sunday that taxpayers in the Empire State are underwriting the costs for Super Bowl celebrations in Times Square, as well as numerous promotional undertakings throughout the city and region. Those include the $2.5 million Times Square event, $1 million for a vehicle to drive around and promote the big game and $500,000 for a press event at Manhattan’s Chelsea Piers. In all, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo secured $5 million in the state budget for the New York/New Jersey Super Bowl XLVIII Host Committee.

BTW, I own a condo in NJ as well as live and work in New York, so I have an interest in the politics of NJ.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Tue 4 Feb, 2014 01:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:

What's so inappropriate with sharing the same platform simultaneously with the Mayor and Governor of New York along side the Governor of New Jersey on the platform in honor of the Super Bowl, after all, New York participated in sponsoring the event to a much lesser degree.

Christi has gotten a lot of bad press attention in New York as a result of the on-going GWB investigation and Federal scrutiny of the Sandy Relief funds. The two states, NY & NJ, are so close they could be one. We followed Governor McGreevy's ongoing scenario very closely....Most New Yorkers were on his side and did not want him to resign.

Back to Christi. The possibility the current NJ governor intended to use Sandy Relief funds that was targeted for devastated New Jerseyans hit a raw nerve when it was speculated Christi planned to use this Aid money as a slush fund....this info resonated nationally! Christi has also made himself into a nationwide figure because for one brief moment he was a couple of points ahead of Hillary Clinton in a nanosecond poll for the 2016 presidential race and appeared to be the only hope for the Republicans, at that time, to beat Clinton. Of course one can always take a poll of a few people on one day which will differ significantly the next day from different groups. This is just 2014 and the 2016 presidential race has yet to officially begin, but that doesn't stop polls at all.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 12:06 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
"The New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is so scared he can't get his high school smears straight.

"Over the weekend, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie put out possibly the lamest attack memo that has ever been seen, going after former Port Authority executive David Wildstein for a range of offenses including:

"• As a 16 year-old kid, he sued over a local school board election.
• He was publicly accused by his high school social studies teacher of deceptive behavior.

"Christie was targeting Wildstein because Wildstein claimed on Friday that he had evidence showing Christie knew about the Fort Lee lane closures while they were happening. That claim must have Christie really panicked, because I can't think of any other explanation for why he put together such a ridiculous memo.

Even if Christie hadn't included the attacks on Wildstein's high school days, the memo would have been a laugher. For example, to make the case that Wildstein is a bad, bad person, Christie cited a Bergen Record article published in 2012. The headline of that article?

"Ex-blogger is Governor Christie's eyes, ears inside the Port Authority
Moreover, in the article itself, Christie's spokesman lavishes praise upon Wildstein. If that's supposed to be an indictment of Wildstein, isn't it also an indictment of Christie?

"But even though that would have been dumb enough on its own, Christie still went ahead and made the high school attack. The mere fact that he'd bring up high school is bizarre and reeks of desperation, but it also raises a question: If Christie thinks David Wildstein is such a bad guy because he got accused of being deceptive by his social studies teacher and because he sued over a school board election, then why did his Christie decide to hire him for such an important job? After all, they were high school classmates; it's not like these character defects should be surprises to Christie—if they are in fact character defects.

"Well, as it turns out, it doesn't appear that Christie's attack was entirely accurate. According to the previously mentioned article about Wildstein in the Bergen Record:

"At 16, he unsuccessfully sued to get on the ballot for the county Republican Committee. A year later, while he was still in high school, Wildstein ran for the local school board, even though he was not old enough by law to occupy the seat . He generated 37 votes — and a minor controversy.

"His high school social studies teacher publicly accused Wildstein of duping him into signing an endorsement letter that later appeared in the local newspaper. The pair later issued a joint statement calling it “basically a misunderstanding.”

"So the lawsuit doesn't appear to have involved the school board—it was about getting on the county Republican committee, and the social studies teacher issued a joint statement with Wildstein after making the initial accusation. (Ironically, during high school Christie considered suing his school board to prevent a better baseball player from transferring to his school and taking his starting position.)

"I'm not trying to defend Wildstein here, but if Christie is so freaked out that he's misrepresenting easily verifiable facts about Wildstein, he's really got to be pretty freaked out. And that means in all likelihood there's going to be plenty more come out of this story, so don't even think about putting away that popcorn."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/03/1274694/-Chris-Christie-is-so-scared-he-can-t-get-his-high-school-smears-straight#
panzade

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 12:12 pm
Christie should be pissed at Wild-man, he went to a lot of trouble to land him a perfect job at the Port Authority and now he's getting his hand bit.
Quote:
In all the vast history of the sprawling bureaucracy known as the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey there has never been a job like it.

It came with no actual job description.

In the end, it had only one occupant, and he didn’t even have to submit a résumé.

Nobody seemed to have the vaguest idea what he was really doing.

But he was paid $15O,020.

The job of director of interstate capital projects, a special niche created for David Wildstein, the central figure in the George Washington Bridge scandal, has officially been abolished, the agency confirmed yesterday.

This means Wildstein will be forever known as the first and last DICP appointee.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 12:38 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
The last I hear on TV news now Christie is claiming that the attacked on David Wildstein was not vetted or even read by him before being issue by his staff!!!!!!!!
Bentinie

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 12:57 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The last I hear on TV news now Christie is claiming that the attacked on David Wildstein was not vetted or even read by him before being issue by his staff!!!!!!!!

Isn't it ironic that all things damaging to Christi's image is done by staff without his knowledge? The latest attack on Wildstein, in hindsight, made Christi look positively childish and indescribably panicky. The personal attack against Wildstein did more damage to the already tarnished governor than he anticipated and so he sought to blame this on an unnamed staffer.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 01:19 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Christi has also made himself into a nationwide figure because for one brief moment he was a couple of points ahead of Hillary Clinton in a nanosecond poll

----------------

Wow, just think, if Hilary gets elected prez that be the first usa husband and wife war criminals. What a proud moment for America that would be!

That'll make MiT cream her jeans.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 01:25 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
BTW, I own a condo in NJ as well as live and work in New York, so I have an interest in the politics of NJ.

---------------------

"Well I hear you went up to Saratoga and your horse naturally won".

anonymously99

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 04:01 pm
@JTT,
I think you men, women. are spying on me.
0 Replies