Commonly, are all construction workers kept on the construction site until finished?

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 08:22 pm
I mean, there's plenty of dirt piles left to be moved and whatnot, and I mean PLENTY. Also, after the new high school is completely built,(wont be til early next year) they're going to knock down the old school. I would guarantee the bobcat would be needed again, otherwise.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 09:20 pm
Tell me, if you will, why you pin all this desire and hope on a guy who stared at you?

I understand desire, I'm one who blushed wildly when I walked by a person I was very attracted to, but you are setting yourself up. Even if you fulfilled your wildest fantasies with him, which are unlikely, you'd have to live for the next, oh, 50 years dealing with him and his waving/staring at girls.

When I was sixteen, I had a massive crush on a football player at a university far away. I was very religious then, and I prayed for him. And a while later I was asked to join a religious order and so I worked out scenarios in my mind that we would talk about that. But I didn't join, and I stopped that, from a combination of knowing more real life and less fantasy.

The football player later was involved in some betting scam thing.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:42 am
@ossobuco,
Don't compare this guy to your general consensus of knowledge. They are not all the same. In fact that is stereotyping. I highly doubt he would continue staring and waving at girls. But, must I say, a guy in my neighborhood was soon to be engaged(is now married) and was showing off his muscles driving by me in the summer. So, what can you say. It's human nature. I still find what this guy did was wrong being so close to marriage. And I am not fantasizing any longer. Stopped that a while ago once I figured out the consequences.

Also, I have been stared at. In terms of this guy, don't use "stared" because he did not stare at me. Much more significant.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 05:43 am
@ossobuco,
And I am aware of real life and a fantasy. Big difference.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 06:43 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Ha! Having a snipe at Osso for possible stereotyping!

Remind me, what was the title of that other thread of yours?

"Are Construction workers easy to talk to?"...... and THAT is not stereotyping?

Okaaaaay.....I shall now avoid stereotyping like you, shall I?

Construction Site Personell.

Basic Labourers = Short, muscular and prone to joking around, masters of imnuendo when women pass, sometimes making them instantly fall in love.

Electricians = Good at maths, adept with a screwdriver, dominant in bed. Great at making females laugh and fall in love with them.

Bobcat Operators = Good spatial awareness, likes coffee when not digging holes, prone to waving at girls at making them fall in love.

Plumbers = Good at minor welding, used to having smelly hands, very good at limbo. Good at wolf whistling when anything female passes.

Is that not stereotyping enough for you?

If you ever get to go out with this guy, I sincerely hope he matches your expectations. I also hope that you play it as cool as possible on your first date, as the indications at the moment all point to the scenario of him saying something innocuous and you exploding on the spot.

There's young infatuation, and there's exploding. Stay safe out there.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:51 am
@Lordyaswas,
I wasn't stereotyping, I was simply asking a question for some general input. Not all construction workers are the same. This one is obviously a bold man as someone pointed out in the prior thread. Therefore, you can't stereotype. Bold, unlike other men in this world. If I came across as stereotyping, I apologize because I didn't mean to. Don't start insulting me.

FYI, when I see him, I'm looking forward to having a civil, diplomatic and appropriate conversation like two normal adults. Was not intending for there to be any of this "exploding" you speak of. I hope towards the end of your comment you were trying to be helpful, not sarcastic looking to joke around with your belief of myself being a young naive stupid young girl, because I can tell you I'm not.
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:13 am
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Insulting you? Moi?

I was merely highlighting the fact that you started this whole exercise by stereotyping Construction workers. How?
By implying that if one construction worker was easy to talk to, then they all would be.
You lumped the many and varied men with their many and varied individual traits, into one single pot called "construction worker"

It's like someone saying that because you are a teenage girl, your hormones will be raging and you are probably very volatile and impulsive at this stage of your life, because that's what all teenage girls are like.

Yes I was being helpful at the end. Be careful. You know what I mean.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:31 am
@Lordyaswas,
Quote:
If you ever get to go out with this guy, I sincerely hope he matches your expectations. I also hope that you play it as cool as possible on your first date, as the indications at the moment all point to the scenario of him saying something innocuous and you exploding on the spot.

That sounded like a mixture of sarcasm and insulting. More so the last sentence. I couldn't take you seriously. As you said "him saying something innocuous and you exploding on the spot". I take that as an insult. Because adults don't explode over casual, normal human conversation. "Innocuous" being key word. I would think a young stupid teenager would go nuts. I may have smiles off and on from talking to him, because it's fulfilling, but exploding? Come on.

And exactly, age, gender, etc, doesn't define the maturity and knowledge of a person. I understand what you're saying.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:34 am
@Lordyaswas,
And no, I was looking for a general consensus of construction workers. Some insight is better than nothing.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:47 am
@Lordyaswas,
Since you showed willingness to help, have you read/kept up with this whole thread, the comments and such? Want to provide me with some more helpful tips and feedback?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:24 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
Holy Crap, how many threads do you have going discussing a man who did some work near your high school?
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Sun 19 Jan, 2014 01:26 pm
@glitterbag,
Just two! This one and the other but this one can be disregarded, doesn't apply anymore.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 03:59 pm
@Equestrianforlife7xo,
No, now there's three, "are construction workers able to take vacations" or some version of that.
Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2014 04:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Categorized as basically the same thing as this.
0 Replies

Equestrianforlife7xo

Reply Wed 7 May, 2014 01:51 pm
@ehBeth,
How high of a chance could a bobcat operator ever return? Even with an abundant amount of dirt piles left?
0 Replies