What’s the Pro’s and Con’s of buying or leasing a Vehicle?

Keith424

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 07:32 pm
@jcboy,
Nice car Peanut!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 05:02 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
It's finally happened. I've gotten so gay, I've looped around to straight again. Razz
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 06:31 pm
@jcboy,
If you get bored with a car every few years, and can afford to get a new one, go for it. And owning the car when you go to trade it in, may turn out to be more financially beneficial than a lease.

Your new car looks like a real beauty. Happy driving!

ehBeth

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 06:40 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

2. not all cars lose significant value over time. Some increase in value.

on this ^^^^

my 5 year old Honda Fit is worth more today than when I bought it! I wasn't surprised that it held its value through year 2 and 3 but 5? not what I was expecting.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 6 May, 2014 06:47 pm
@ehBeth,
My honda years ago also was worth more after five years.

I worry - someone got shot in the SF Bay area for having the wrong color car - red, article about a week ago. Guy who was shot was not gang related..

On the other hand, I drove all the streets near us in two gang territory in a red fiat spyder convertible as a white woman looking for her dog. All I talked with were courteous, and later I got a call (he had tags), SandPaw had showed up at a party, a gay party at that, this in the early seventies, a few blocks away from the trouble spots. So, I got to go to my first gay party to pick him up.
0 Replies

bmstudios

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 01:27 am
i prefer a new car for this reason.........
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 01:39 pm
@firefly,
That’s what I thought. I just may keep her for a couple years then send her out to pasture!

I took baby in and had her windows tinted. Took me a while because the last place I used decided to close on weekends then one guy the dealer recommended flaked on me so I found someone else. I actually like this car plus I’ve never owned a Mazda before. Now I have to figure out what to do with that truck, probably take it to car max and let them buy it, I don’t want to place an add and sell it and have weirdo’s coming out to the house.

Marco said he’s not going to drive it all the way to CA so I found a car shipper that is going to pick her up and drop her off at the new house for us.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/richone4/mazda6_zps76e84ace.jpg
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 07:15 pm
@jcboy,
So you could have bought one in Ca but now you have to have this one shipped? Yep, Nut!
farmerman

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:04 pm
@EqualityFLSTPete,
taxes on new cars are the highest in US in Calif. PLUS, they have local sales and use taxes on new car purchases. You can pay over 10% in someaareas like LA and Bay area.
You can ship a car qest for about 500 bucks or less.
(Im sure jc got a better deal in Fla).
I bought a slightly used RV in Fla , used it 2 years and then sold it for a bit more than we payed for it. Fla and Delaware have it all over for buying cars. Just watch out for flood cars.

jcboy

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 04:29 pm
@farmerman,
That’s very true. Tax and registering a new vehicle in CA is at least three times more then Florida. Even having to pay to ship it I still saved money by buying it here instead of Ca.
Below viewing threshold (view)
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 02:02 pm
@cs33717,
Does rejection always turn you into a bitter little bitch?
0 Replies

JanisSadan

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 06:16 pm
@jcboy,
Love you, miss you!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 01:20 pm
It's been three years! I actually liked this car. My first Mazda. But it's time to trade her in. I had an accident with her a little over a year ago. Got rear ended. Not much damage, just to the back bumper but I'm sure its on the report. I'm not sure how that will effect the value when I trade it in. We will see.

Haven't decided what to get next.
0 Replies