what should i do about this stomach problem?

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 02:34 pm
about a month ago i wanted to gain weight and forced myself to eat a lot. my stomach wasn't really used to a lot of food so it got sick a while after i started my ganing weight diet (of course with unhealthy food). my stomach started hurting and i felt like throwing up and couldn't eat and i also had no apetite. i went to my doctor and she didn't really know what to say (didn't tell her i forced myself to eat though) and she finally said i had gastritis. after a week (i took some medication that weren't really for gastritis - just something for stomach pain) my symptoms went away and started eating a lot again (well actually i don't think it was a lot...maybe for my unused stomach with food - just about 1500 kcal per day) and my symptoms came back. i took some gastritis medication and the symptoms went away but after a few days my symptos have come back when tried to eat fried chicken (i wasn't really happy about eating it because the last time before this when tried to eat (when i was really sick) i felt really bad and that might be a reason too why i started feeling bad again because i really didn't eat much of it. i just started feeling like throwing up immediately when started eating it).
but my question is: is this really gastritis? can someone get it because they've forced themselves to eat a lot?
i am going to my doc tomorrow in the morning though as i am feeling really bad right now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,712 • Replies: 9
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 03:10 pm
@marybabe95,
Good decision on seeing the doctor tomorrow. Let us know how it turns out?
chai2

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 03:57 pm
@roger,
yeah, and I recommend that this time you tell the doctor everything, and that it's the truth.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 03:57 pm
@marybabe95,
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/gastritis/basics/definition/CON-20021032
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 04:03 pm
@marybabe95,
After I moved to Boston, I stopped eating chicken. I mean "any kind of chicken". Every chicken I've eaten in New England really has had a bad smell and a very strange taste.

I don't eat chicken, and instead eat steak.

Your gastric problems sound more to me like you might be eating too much fatty food. If this is the case, I doubt that you have gastritis.

Also, are you trying to gain or to lose weight?

0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 04:06 pm
@marybabe95,
What should you do about it?

Start by being honest with your doctor about the crash diet and what you've been eating. This will give her something to focus on rather than trying to come up with a possibly incorrect diagnosis to fit half the facts she was given.

Secondly, now that you're being honest with her, ask her to either give you a referral to a nutritionist or give you some nutritional guidelines to help you gain weight in a healthy manner.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Jan, 2014 05:09 pm
@marybabe95,
Aren't you the same person who was really hit hard by some online person or persons saying you are too thin and look like a boy? I didn't look at your picture (I'll go back and do that) but you are taking that too excruciatingly hard and trying to fix it fast by stuffing yourself with poor food choices re nutrition.

I can't exactly guess why you have so little self esteem - many teens suffer from that. I was an appallingly ignorant teen - though smart enough in school, completely clueless about the larger world - but I got more confident when I went to a university that had a widely diverse student and teacher population.
Also working in a hospital after school opened my eyes a lot.

In both places I met people that were waaaay out of my comfort zone and we got along. Everyone there in the school - and also the hospital - was mostly not in an in-group (as in high school scenarios), and my sense of the world got, at the same time, much larger and more comforting for me with all the differences. I got very interested in other people and less zoned in on me.

So what am I saying? I think your gastritis is from your trying to please some idiots posting at you and become what you take (now) as more attractive.
Stop it.

Meantime, nutrition is an interesting subject. I recommend reading about it.
As usual, experts (so called, or real ones) vary on different nutrition issues, but you can learn a lot by reading up.

Also, I agree with Butrflynet - tell the truth to your doctor.
0 Replies

james fraser5

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 01:47 am
@marybabe95,
It could be a gastritis and it must have occurred as u say u ate lot of unhealthy food that must have caused the infection.
0 Replies

marybabe95

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 04:21 am
@roger,
Well the doctor still didn't give me an illness name but gave me medication and told me to eat what "works for me". That is all.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2014 08:42 am
You are overeating !!! - do you wonder why your stomach hurts?

Portion out your food to a realistic amount. Then eat SLOWLY.

If you are trying to gain wait, drink nutrient supplements in between meals.

0 Replies