Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:43 am
From MSNBC at:
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/03/22156917-kim-jong-uns-executed-uncle-was-eaten-alive-by-120-hungry-dogs-report?lite

BEIJING -- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle was stripped naked, thrown into a cage, and eaten alive by a pack of ravenous dogs, according to a newspaper with close ties to China's ruling Communist Party.

The man who was believed to be in charge of training his young nephew to take over was executed as a traitor, indicating a shake-up in Kim Jong Un's regime. NBC's Andrea Mitchell reports.

Jang Song Thaek, who had been considered Kim's second-in-command, was executed last month after being found guilty of "attempting to overthrow the state," North Korea’s state-run news agency reported.

The official North Korean account on Dec. 12 did not specify how Jang was put to death.

U.S. officials told NBC News on Friday that they could not confirm the reports. "This is not ringing any bells here," said one senior official.

Hong Kong-based pro-Beijing newspaper Wen Wei Po reported that Jang and his five closest aides were set upon by 120 hunting hounds which had been starved for five days....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 4,352 • Replies: 24
No top replies

neologist

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:33 pm
@Brandon9000,
Here doggie. . .
Nice doggie. . .
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:27 am
@neologist,
Now they're coming for you! Twisted Evil

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-J5FQWzbXRBg/Tz78m6ZEUtI/AAAAAAAAARk/QsIKTOlYS6A/s1600/Group+DogNoses+-+2.gif
neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:30 am
@wmwcjr,
EEK!
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:40 am
@neologist,
They'll slobber you to death! Razz Laughing

G'night!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 05:59 pm
@Brandon9000,
I'm sorry to have initially treated this most distressing account with sarcasm, Brandon. It kind of amazes me that no one else has picked it up.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:07 pm
neologist wrote:
I'm sorry to have initially treated this most distressing account with sarcasm, Brandon. It kind of amazes me that no one else has picked it up.

It is rather interesting that there is simultaneously such condemnation of the US in certain quarters for cooperating with dictatorships in Latin America and such a free pass for Communist dictatorships in the worst sorts of behavior. China, Cuba, and North Korea are extreme abusers of human rights, and yet there is a deafening silence about it.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:18 pm
@wmwcjr,
I had to laugh, thanks for the pic. Well, laugh may be an exaggeration, more of a smile.
On that, people laugh when others fall down the stairs on their own, and I also fell down a flight once at my high school and sat up laughing. It's a kind of nervous laughter.

This thing of this maniac ordering this is so bizarre I can hardly absorb it.

I wonder what FBM thinks, but I don't want to drag him into this.

Much of humanity including us has been cruel - I was reading Herodotus not long ago, stopped midway, and need to keep up with that - but this curdles my brain, given it's true.
Ceili

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 07:53 pm
@Brandon9000,
I don't think there is deafening silence about it. I also don't know what we can do about it. With China, it's difficult to bite the hand that feeds you. Cuba, sixty years of embargo has done nothing. N. Korea is isolated, heavily armed, unstable and already under embargoes and threats? What exactly do you propose?
Brandon9000

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 08:11 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

I don't think there is deafening silence about it. I also don't know what we can do about it. With China, it's difficult to bite the hand that feeds you. Cuba, sixty years of embargo has done nothing. N. Korea is isolated, heavily armed, unstable and already under embargoes and threats? What exactly do you propose?

I propose that all dictatorships be held equally responsible for their bad acts. If right wing dictatorships in South America or the Middle East are condemned for their repressive treatment of their people, then China, Cuba, and North Korea should also be condemned.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 08:24 pm
Quote:
quote: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle was stripped naked, thrown into a cage, and eaten alive by a pack of ravenous dogs

Hopefully it'll find its way onto youtube
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 09:03 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

neologist wrote:

It is rather interesting that there is simultaneously such condemnation of the US in certain quarters for cooperating with dictatorships in Latin America and such a free pass for Communist dictatorships in the worst sorts of behavior. China, Cuba, and North Korea are extreme abusers of human rights, and yet there is a deafening silence about it.
Intelligence officials claim to doubt that the assassination by dogs happened. They also claim to have no information about what did happened. If reports are true that uncle's people had a shoot out with dear leaders people then I dont doubt the willingness to execute him by feeding him to starving dogs. The Chinese will get to the bottom of this.
roger

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 09:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
They have doubts, and have no information about what happened. Leads one to question the reason for their doubts, um?

Your faith in China is only equaled by Gunga's faith in Russia.
Mame

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:17 pm
@roger,
Yep, and anyway, who cares?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:41 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I had to laugh, thanks for the pic. Well, laugh may be an exaggeration, more of a smile.

You're welcome. Smile But I did have a slight misgiving when I posted it. So, I used the rationale that according to another article I had read about the uncle's execution, this grisly report as to the method of execution had not been verified. In hindsight I now believe I should have left well enough alone. No one can deny that North Korea has one of the worst records on human rights. Just think of it. An unreconstructed Stalinist regime became the Communist world's first monarchy!

ossobuco wrote:
Much of humanity including us has been cruel - I was reading Herodotus not long ago, stopped midway, and need to keep up with that - but this curdles my brain, given it's true.

The American writer Robert Bloch (and creator of Norman Bates) -- who prolifically contributed to the crime, horror, fantasy and science fiction genres -- was once asked what he thought was the greatest horror story ever written. He replied, "The history of mankind."
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:52 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I propose that all dictatorships be held equally responsible for their bad acts. If right wing dictatorships in South America or the Middle East are condemned for their repressive treatment of their people, then China, Cuba, and North Korea should also be condemned.

I totally agree with you. The big problem is that people on both sides of the political spectrum have not been consistent, to put it mildly, in their condemnations of dictatorial regimes. In fact, some (if not many) people -- again, on both sides of the political spectrum -- have had double standards. This is not new to me as a 63-year-old man. I first noticed this phenomenon when I was about 20 years old. Needless to say, it had already been going on for who knows how long. Without naming any names, I dare say this phenomenon can even be found among the posts of this website.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 10:57 pm
@wmwcjr,
Sometimes we need a little relief from the horror.
wmwcjr

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 11:03 pm
@roger,
That's true. Otherwise, we'd go crazy. Sad
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:42 pm
Apparently a satire web article went mainstream.

Quote:
SEOUL (Reuters) - An international media frenzy over reports that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's uncle had been executed by throwing him to a pack of dogs appears to have originated as satire on a Chinese microblogging website.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 12:57 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
That had been suggested already three days ago by serious papers and media, like here summoned up by New Zealnd's Fairfax media

Quote:
First and foremost, consider the source. The story originated in a Hong Kong newspaper called Wen Wei Po, which makes the claim without citing a source. Also, a recent study found that, out of Hong Kong's 21 newspapers, Wen Wei Po ranks 19th for credibility.

Second, consider that the rest of the Chinese media have not touched this story in the almost-month since it came out. The remainder of the Chinese media have been sticking to the same story that everyone else has: that Jang was killed by either machine gun or anti-aircraft guns.

Third, South Korea's media also have not touched the story. "This story has hardly been picked up on by Korean media which is one reason to be suspicious," Chad O'Carroll, who edits the news site NKNews.org, said via email.
0 Replies