Aliens. What are they like?

Germlat

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 01:30 pm
@Setanta,
Why do you try so hard to prove others wrong?!
Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 01:31 pm
@Germlat,
Why do you make unsubstantiated slighting remarks about me?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 01:36 pm
Quote:
Setanta said: As for "inventing" christianity, that's a sufficiently vague concept as to be meaningless. The why, though is pretty obvious. You get to control lots of people, you get to exercise power over others.

THUNK!!
That ominous thud you heard was the trap being sprung on your gallows, here's the verse that sent you plummetting to your doom..Smile-
Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, not lording it over those entrusted to you" (1 Peter 5:2-3)

Germlat

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 01:37 pm
@Setanta,
Simply trying to understand your stance as it appears to me...no disrespect meant.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 01:49 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Right . . . as though preachers ever let a little thing like scripture stand in the way of their wealth and power. How much money does your government spend every year to maintain the cathedrals in your silly little country?

Romeo shoots! Romeo misses! As usual . . .
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 02:02 pm
Quote:
Setanta said: @RF- as though preachers ever let a little thing like scripture stand in the way of their wealth and power. How much money does your government spend every year to maintain the cathedrals in your silly little country?

What makes you think wealthy powerful preachers are true Christians?
They may fool you, but they can't fool JC-
"Not all who call me 'Lord,Lord' will enter the kingdom of heaven. Then I'll tell them plainly, I never knew you, get away from me" (Matt 7:21-23)

True Christians GIVE cash away, not rake it in..Smile-
"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit" (2 Cor 2:17)

As for "silly little Britain", if it wasn't for us going over to civilise America you'd still be scalping each other, talking Apache and living in wigwams..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/arrival3.gif~original
rosborne979

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 02:46 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Setanta said: @RF- as though preachers ever let a little thing like scripture stand in the way of their wealth and power. How much money does your government spend every year to maintain the cathedrals in your silly little country?

What makes you think wealthy powerful preachers are true Christians?
They may fool you, but they can't fool JC-

A feeble evasion of the obvious.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 02:48 pm
The "not true christians" scam is a common one.

Romeo shoots! Romeo misses! As usual . . .
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 02:49 pm
@Setanta,
Why don't we all just stop giving Romeo the ball? We can play around him.
Setanta

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 02:57 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Good idea.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 03:30 pm
Hey Lustig Andrei I see you're in Hawaii, so on behalf of all Brits I'd like to say a heartfelt thanks to you and your mates for going over there and taking the islands off the heathens as payback for eating Captain Cook..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/capt-cook-death_zpsa0f580ff.jpg~original
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 12:24 pm
Still on the thread topic: Aliens. What are they like?,
this Twilight Zone episode entitled "Will the real Martian please stand up?" explores the 'aliens in human form' theme.
A UFO has crashed into a country pond in a blizzard and sunk out of sight, but the police discover footprints in the snow leading from the pond to a nearby diner.
Entering, they see a bus driver (4th from left), his 7 passengers and the diner owner.
Yet the driver swears he only had 6 passengers when he left the depot, so who - or what - is the 7th who's slipped in among them?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/TZ-will-real-martian_zpse20262b8.jpg~original

0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:20 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Obviously Romeo you are wrong the U.S. more than proved it could be more than a colonial conquest but instead a world superpower . Don't rest on your laurels for centuries ...it makes you look well..you've heard it before.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:50 pm
I'm sure I don't know what "The Twilight Zone" has to do with the probably nature of aliens.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 06:12 am
Quote:
Brandon said: I'm sure I don't know what "The Twilight Zone" has to do with the probably nature of aliens

That episode explores the theme that if aliens looked exactly like humans they could be among us and we wouldn't know it..Smile

Incidentally 'The Stone Tape'" is a TV movie that explores the possibility that maybe computers can detect aliens and ghosts.
In this clip the computer begins printing out (at 1:20) what seems to be a warning- "pray.....soul......pray.....prayer"-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/CMSF/stone-tap-pray.gif

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 10:46 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I enjoyed the ep of Twilight Zone.
I remembered most of it. Thank u, Romeo.

David
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Jan, 2014 11:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
The odds of separate evolution leading to the same form are negligible. Science isn't done by checking with Hollywood.
0 Replies