School of Assassins. USA.

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 06:16 am
Rivaling, if not surpassing the Al Qaeda terrorist training programs, "The School of the America's" is the longest-running terrorist training camp in the world. Actually situated in the USA, since 1946 the camp has been training dictators and assassins with 2000 people graduating every year in techniques of political subversion, control and murder.

USA school graduates include murderers and dictators such as Manuel Noriega, former president of Panama, currently in prison in the United States, Col. Byron Lima Estrada of Guatemala, Lt. Jose Espinoza Guerra and General Juan Orlando Zepeda, both of El Salvador, General Juan Lopez Ortiz of Mexico, Argentina's Leopoldo Galtiere, Peru's Juan Velasco Alvarado, Ecuador's Guillermo Rodriguez, and Bolivia's dictator Hugo Banza.

Other USA graduates responsible for subversion and murder of land reformists, unionists, landless peasantry, health-care workers, and political and human rights activists include:

Four of the five ranking Honduran officers who organized death squads in the 1980s as part of Battalion 316, half of the 250 Columbian officers cited for human rights abuses, the three highest ranking Peruvian officers convicted in February 1994 of murdering nine university students, the Peruvian army commander who brought out tanks to obstruct initial investigation of the murders. During the dictatorship of the Somoza family [in Nicaragua], over 4,000 National Guard troops (the "Contras") graduated from the school responsible for the deaths of thousands of Nicaraguan peasants in the 1980s. The general in charge of Argentina's so-called "Dirty War" was a school graduate. During that internal conflict in the late-1970s and early-1980s, an estimated 30,000 people were tortured, disappeared, and murdered.

This has not gone entirely unnoticed. In Congress, bill HR2989 was presented in August this year to argue for closure of this impressive terrorist training camp. Internal assessments of the likelihood of its being passed are 0%.

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 06:40 am
Does the school specifically teach people how to commit acts of violence intentionally directed at civilians?
JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 07:49 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Does the school specifically teach people how to commit acts of violence intentionally directed at civilians?

Sniper training, commando and psychological warfare, aimed at combative and non-combative "insurgents" .
rosborne979

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 08:51 am
@JohnJonesCardiff,
You're talking about WHINSEC: Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Institute_for_Security_Cooperation
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 03:08 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Sniper training, commando and psychological warfare, aimed at combative and non-combative "insurgents" .

Al Qaeda targets people who aren't even insurgents, in fact, who aren't even involved, including children, as the primary, intended targets.
0 Replies

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 06:06 pm
@rosborne979,
No. Im not.

Americans don't have good investigative journalists or news media. This info isn't highlighted or given out there. Even in the uk, home of third world corruption techniques and tax cheats, some media outlets that go against gov. policy are available. And I don't mean the BBC.
JTT

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 06:17 pm
@Brandon9000,
How can you possibly be so ignorant, Brandon?
rosborne979

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 06:48 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
I read the Bill you referenced in your original post. It referenced WHINSEC.
JTT

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 06:52 pm
@rosborne979,
Fancy name to disguise a terrorist organization, Ros.
0 Replies

JohnJonesCardiff

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 06:57 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

I read the Bill you referenced in your original post. It referenced WHINSEC.

I saw other references, which might mean that the number is generic. However, I cannot spend time tracking it down. The bill is going through congress that's for sure and it refers to the place mentioned here http://www.huntingtonnews.net/77172

Ah-ha - problem solved - the School of the America's have recently changed their name (breaking some historical continuity) to the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation or WHINSEC. Ta.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 08:02 pm
@JohnJonesCardiff,
JohnJonesCardiff wrote:
Ah-ha - problem solved - the School of the America's have recently changed their name (breaking some historical continuity) to the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation or WHINSEC. Ta.

Yes. So the link I provided originally is correct. It provides a detailed description of the organization and its history for anyone who is interested.
JTT

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 08:06 pm
@rosborne979,
"A detailed description of its history", yeah right, Ros.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 08:11 pm
@rosborne979,
School of America: School of Assassins

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Terrorism/SOA.html
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 31 Dec, 2013 10:36 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

How can you possibly be so ignorant, Brandon?

Not an argument. Please define what it is that I am ignorant about or I will assume that the comment is simply a ploy.
JTT

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 01:59 pm
@Brandon9000,
You are a shining example of the ugly American , the ignorant American.
JTT

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 02:04 pm
@Brandon9000,
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/30/afghanistan.terrorism19

Backyard Terrorism

"If any government sponsors the outlaws and killers of innocents," George Bush announced on the day he began bombing Afghanistan, "they have become outlaws and murderers themselves. And they will take that lonely path at their own peril." I'm glad he said "any government", as there's one which, though it has yet to be identified as a sponsor of terrorism, requires his urgent attention.
For the past 55 years it has been running a terrorist training camp, whose victims massively outnumber the people killed by the attack on New York, the embassy bombings and the other atrocities laid, rightly or wrongly, at al-Qaida's door. The camp is called the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, or Whisc. It is based in Fort Benning, Georgia, and it is funded by Mr Bush's government.u

Until January this year, Whisc was called the "School of the Americas", or SOA. Since 1946, SOA has trained more than 60,000 Latin American soldiers and policemen. Among its graduates are many of the continent's most notorious torturers, mass murderers, dictators and state terrorists. As hundreds of pages of documentation compiled by the pressure group SOA Watch show, Latin America has been ripped apart by its alumni.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 04:58 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

You are a shining example of the ugly American , the ignorant American.

Name calling is not an argument. If you want to allege this then give me your reasoning. Of course, you can't.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 04:59 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/30/afghanistan.terrorism19

Backyard Terrorism

"If any government sponsors the outlaws and killers of innocents," George Bush announced on the day he began bombing Afghanistan, "they have become outlaws and murderers themselves. And they will take that lonely path at their own peril." I'm glad he said "any government", as there's one which, though it has yet to be identified as a sponsor of terrorism, requires his urgent attention.
For the past 55 years it has been running a terrorist training camp, whose victims massively outnumber the people killed by the attack on New York, the embassy bombings and the other atrocities laid, rightly or wrongly, at al-Qaida's door. The camp is called the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation, or Whisc. It is based in Fort Benning, Georgia, and it is funded by Mr Bush's government.u

Until January this year, Whisc was called the "School of the Americas", or SOA. Since 1946, SOA has trained more than 60,000 Latin American soldiers and policemen. Among its graduates are many of the continent's most notorious torturers, mass murderers, dictators and state terrorists. As hundreds of pages of documentation compiled by the pressure group SOA Watch show, Latin America has been ripped apart by its alumni.

Does the "School of the Americas" teach its students how to target non-combatants as the primary intended target? Al Qaeda does. I await your next evasion.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 05:04 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Does the "School of the Americas" teach its students how to target non-combatants as the primary intended target?

they sure did

we visited an Abuzzer about 15 years ago whose partner was a School of the Americas mmmmmmm contractor. He had some interesting tales to tell. They matched very much what I'd heard from family friends who were in the CIA starting in the 1960's and 1970's. Also matched what I heard from refugees from El Salvador I got to know in the 1980's.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 1 Jan, 2014 05:17 pm
bookmark