Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 04:29 pm
how do you get candel wax out of my suit pants.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,443 • Replies: 7

jespah

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 04:38 pm
@edwinlbaker,
I am going to assume that these aren't dry clean only, because if they are, just take them to the dry cleaner.

So - for pants which can be washed in water, try first gently scraping off any excess with a butter knife. Just get anything off that you can feel is raised above the fabric itself. I don't think you need to dig. I would do this as a first step for any of the below methods.

Once that's done, I'd try soaking in hot water. BUT read the care label carefully. If the pants can only be washed in cold or warm water, or they are prone to shrinking (e. g. all cotton), don't do this! But if you can use heat, do so, but with hot water and not with flame. Wax will soften and melt with heat.

If you can't heat them up, you can try freezing (what the hell), and see if you can get the wax off. This means, fold them up and put them in your freezer.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 04:50 pm
@edwinlbaker,
I would put a cotton handkerchief over the spot, then put a warm iron on it. The cotton might soak up the wax.
Jack of Hearts

Reply Thu 26 Dec, 2013 05:09 pm
@PUNKEY,

Gently scrape off as much wax as you can, careful not to injure the cloth. Sandwich the spot between two ice cubes for 15 seconds, quickly blot with paper towel, then immediately, brush off wax with a soft toothbrush. Repeat as necessary.
Note, tiny flecks of wax will fall about, act accordingly.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 05:25 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

I would put a cotton handkerchief over the spot, then put a warm iron on it. The cotton might soak up the wax.

Yep that's what I had to do, learned it from my mom. I spilled candle wax on a rug, heated up the iron and used paper towels, absorbed all the wax once it melted.
0 Replies

nurein

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 12:24 am
Candle wax is also one of the most good one it results in an very good manner too and make our skin soft also.
roger

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 01:12 am
@nurein,
Odd. All it did to my skin was make it red, blistered, and sore.
0 Replies

Michael Lalwani

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2015 12:42 am
@edwinlbaker,
I don' think that would be easy....
0 Replies