Can gender neutral identifying people still be somewhat feminine?

ryouko

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:51 pm
I think I'm gender neutral and I prefer to got by they/them pronouns but someone told me once that "gender neutral is usually considered male" which is a problem for me because I'm going to have a problem giving up the whole "stereotypically feminine stuff" thing, e.g., i used to love wearing frilly dresses and pastel colors and cutesy things in general, but I'm afraid I'd be looked down on if I claimed to be gender neutral while doing that because dresses aren't really considered neutral.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,716 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 07:32 pm
@ryouko,
Elsewhere on this forum, prior to this post, you said that you're 13 yr. old. At that is pretty early to be overly concerned gender neutrality. If you used to like frilly dresses and now you don't, then you can be going through a phase. Try to accept yourself and others you like will be fine too. Self image is very tender at age 13. Why not ask your parents for some advice here?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:12 am
@ryouko,
What do you mean "gender neutral"?

Who you are, who you want to be like, who you connect with sexually - those are all questions that you have LOTS of time to figure out.

Wear what you feel like on that day. Above all, enjoy life!!
0 Replies