Reply Thu 19 Dec, 2013 10:56 am
The guy who owned my old record shop, when I lived in the area, has died. He taught me and others a lot about music, just by being there when we went into the store.

quoting an article from the North Coast Journal -

Leon Berliner Has Left Us
POSTED BY LINDA STANSBERRY ON TUE, DEC 17, 2013 AT 3:14 PM

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/imager/b/blog/2446990/f29d/cover1125-guitar.jpeg

Leon Berliner
On Sunday, December 15th, Leon Berliner, owner of Berliner's Cornucopia in Old Town, Eureka, died at age 78 after a brief battle with cancer.

Leon was a man of many titles: Holocaust survivor, staunch Democrat, music lover, baseball enthusiast, card sharp, pool shark, doting grandfather, loving father and dedicated husband of more than 50 years to his wife Diana. (Read the Journal's 1999 cover story about Berliner here.)

Many were touched by his fierce intellect, his kindness and inquisitiveness. He was an active community member until the end of his life — greeting customers at his shop, going down to San Francisco to watch the Giants and hosting his regular poker game.

Berliner embodied how the best of human nature could survive the worst of human atrocities. In accordance with his wishes no memorial will be held, but those who loved him can honor his legacy by upholding the values he held dear. Tonight, put some Beethoven on the stereo.

For the good times, for our friend Leon.

The link in the article -

His Religion is Music
A profile of Leon Berliner
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/112599/cover1125.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 983 • Replies: 0
No top replies