I'm beginning to be a bit embarrassed about my off-center political beliefs, but

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:20 am
I have been unable to shake from my mind that the general populace in the US is being used at a level that I'm finding difficult to come to terms with. I believe that the two party system is being actively manipulated to keep the public stupid and defending politicians, who are the major criminals in an active theft of our country. I believe that enough decision-makers in "journalism" are complicit in keeping many stories from seeing the light of day, and their attempts to keep us distracted with extraneous bullshit are sadly wildly successful as evidenced HERE at A2K and all over the internet by partisan stupidity. Yeah, I think it's a concerted partnership among media people, Congresspeople, business, etc. Yeah, I know this sounds weird. I'm going to have to stop reading the news. But before I do:

Does this mean anything to anyone?
<br /> http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/gathering-storm/2013/dec/15/iceland-example-new-american-revolution/

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 20 • Views: 5,292 • Replies: 62

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:23 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Not Found

The requested URL /reply/<br />http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/gathering-storm/2013/dec/15/iceland-example-new-american-revolution/ was not found on this server.

Of course it's a conspiracy that must go all the way up to Count Barack Dracula Obama, Present Resident and Chief of the Zombie White House! Mad
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:24 am
Yeah the only US politician who's impressed me in recent times was Sarah Palin because she was a straight-talking no-bullshit gal!
So there was a media and political conspiracy to discredit her and force her out of the frame.
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:31 am
Will try it again....
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/gathering-storm/
The link works for me when I test it...
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:32 am
It's easy to savage the politicians...but they have an almost hopeless task laid out for them.

People claim they want the politicians to do what the people want them to do. And of course, the politicians want to do what pleases the people.

How would you like to be a person trying to do what "the people" of A2K, for instance, was them to do? How would you like to be a person trying to please the people of A2K?

Our problem is that we have become an ungovernable people. And we try to lay the blame for our problem on everyone but ourselves.

WE are the problem, Lash...not the politicians and/or the media.
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:35 am
@Lash,
I read a similar article on facebook...and googled to see if it was examined anywhere else with similar facts,...and I found it here. The site is odd. It has some "TeaParty" slanted articles. I'll see what else I find that brings legitimacy to the article - or that reveals a lack of legitimacy.

I mean - did this happen in Iceland?

This was the facebook article. http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q42013/iceland-s-random-republic-overthrown-by-corporations/
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I'm not taking bribes from Monsanto and stashing away millions while people are being poisoned in their grocery store. I like you, but I can't believe you are buying that load.

They create laws that they are exempt from...
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:38 am
I've only ever voted ONCE in my entire 65-year life, and that was for a UKIP politician a couple of years ago because I like their no-nonsense tough style.
Hell will freeze before I vote for any of the useless foolish major parties!
"Which is the greater fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?"- ObiWan Kenobi
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:41 am
@tsarstepan,
You made a lot of weird assumptions that are a great example of what I was complaining about.
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:44 am
@Lash,
appears to be a hoax....makes note to google MORE before posting
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:45 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Frank, I'm not taking bribes from Monsanto and stashing away millions while people are being poisoned in their grocery store. I like you, but I can't believe you are buying that load.

I don't think I am buying anything, Lash. I honestly feel that WE, the people...are the problem.

I know we regularly blame the politicians and the media and the nabobs of big business (I do it occasionally)...

...but the greater fault (in my opinion) falls at our feet.

The politicians are doing what we are all doing...which is to look out for self and family first...and then for our fellow beings. We choose our politicians from ourselves...so they are not only like us...the ARE us.

The media in America, with minor exceptions, has become part of the entertainment business. Some of the print media still has a bit of integrity, but even that is compromised by publisher biases...toward the right or left. The television and radio media is gone...GONE. It is damn near all business...and viewership and sponsorship is all that matters. If something gets reported...it is a lucky occurrence. If something particularly dreadful happens...it is a cause for rejoicing, because the news then dominates entertainment.

We truly are the problem, Lash. But I like you also and I do not want to fight you on this.
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 11:47 am
...but that basic belief persists. I do think we (all of us) are being sold out - and this has nothing to do with Obama or recent elections.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 12:10 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

You made a lot of weird assumptions that are a great example of what I was complaining about.

Maybe I'm not exactly sure what you're complaining about in which hasn't been well tread over a few hundred thousand times in any given week online.

What do you expect from a source that doesn't show an inkling of journalistic integrity when it has nonsense such as this:
Quote:
Daniel Martin Gray is a former Progressive who saw the light, turning from the dark side over decades, to become a Constitutionalist. His family that remained in Europe was nearly wiped out by the Holocaust. They refused to believe that tyranny could happen there. He sees America marching “Forward” on that same road, exactly as our Founders warned us against.

This isn't journalism. This is pure opinion piece with nothing to distinguish as such.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 12:11 pm
Huh. Kind of at a loss for words on this one...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 12:20 pm
@Lash,
It is all quite simple, in my opinion, when one accepts the fact that this country was never meant to be for the benefit of all who live here now; meaning a diverse and heterogeneous society. It was once a very homogeneous society, and that is who it benefits predominantly, plus those who have learned to "play" by the rules, and learned to be like the founders. That actually represents a good percent of the population; however, this country is too valuable for every Tom, Dick and Harry to get a nice slice of the pie. Fact is, in my opinion, many do not deserve a nice slice, based on their behavior.

Being raised in a liberal religious faith also causes problems. The U.S. was never meant to be Scandanavia.

My prescription for lessening one's concerns is get an American flag and try to understand that that is the religion of the U.S.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 12:29 pm
Tsar, I may agree with your complaint. I'd read two articles ...gotten a bit of confirmation bias. I should have read more when I saw the same blurb you posted about the writer. However, why did you go off about Obama when he wasn't mentioned? I think *you* also fell sway to a bit of bias.

I *am* reading more. These guys poked some holes in the drama of the previous ones.

http://grapevine.is/Features/ReadArticle/A-Deconstruction-of-Icelands-Ongoing-Revolution
timur

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 12:36 pm
@Lash,
Not an hoax at all:

Pots and pans revolution

If you cannot see it, you will know why..
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 12:48 pm
@timur,
Thank you! It is VERY difficult to verify....
timur

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 12:58 pm
@Lash,
One more link:

Pots & Pans Worked In Iceland – What About America?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 01:01 pm
Although there may be conspiracy to keep people uninformed and misinformed no conspiracy to keep most of them stupid is necessary.
0 Replies