Nurok

Mon 16 Dec, 2013 07:24 am
Simply couldn't hold back my indignation anymore. Since now and ever do not give even a **** about London and that shitty policy of lame tolerance they export from their leather cabinets to Scotland. The history knows countless number of conflicts and territorial disputes between Englishmen and Scots...but did we hold all those wars to give in XXI century our lands to Indians, Pakistanis, Nigerians and Arabians?! Scotland should always stay Scotland! And this country will never turn into overseas colony of Islamabad, my say! Kingdom? Since now there is no place for Scotland in UK, where very soon there'll be simply nobody to stand for European principals and values, as Europeans will find themselves living in minority in their own lands! Definitely can't wait for September 2014, when I'll go and without even a second thought vote for Scotland's total independence from the UK! Yes, fundamentally I think that only leaving the rotten UK we are to protect our culture, our history and national identity! Since now Scotland got only two ways: either we leave the UK granting thus radiant future to our children or do continue to follow London and give our cities and workplaces to expatriated Arabian like they already do it in England..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,807 • Replies: 20
Topic Closed

jespah

Mon 16 Dec, 2013 07:31 am
@Nurok,
Heh, I bet you can't even find Scotland on a friggin' map.
BillRM

Mon 16 Dec, 2013 07:32 am
@Nurok,
A real life scottie racist how very interesting and welcome to this website.
lmur

Mon 16 Dec, 2013 08:13 am
@jespah,
They said there was no way Mel Gibson could be believable as a Scot in Braveheart; but look at him now. An alcoholic racist - Frankie Boyle (Scottish comedian).
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Mon 16 Dec, 2013 08:24 am
@Nurok,
Here's a REAL Scotsman, Mc Nurok.....let's see if you can understand a single word.....

By the way....a clue..... he's hilarious.

izzythepush

Mon 16 Dec, 2013 11:10 am
@Nurok,
Nurok wrote:

.but did we hold all those wars to give in XXI century our lands to Indians, Pakistanis, Nigerians and Arabians?! Scotland should always stay Scotland! And this country will never turn into overseas colony of Islamabad, my say! Kingdom?

Scotland is actually trying to attract immigrants.

Quote:
Immigration is not a “live” issue in Scotland as it is in London. Indeed, a poll by the Oxford-based Migration Observatory found only Scotland favoured more immigration. Part of that is explained by Scots’ own cultural memories, the nearly half a million people who emigrated in the 1920s and the earlier waves fed by the Highland Clearances.

Equally, Scots have obsessed about their own extinction. A slow steady decline in numbers took place after 1984. By 2002, live births were the lowest ever recorded, at 51,270.

Two years later, Scotland had 4,012 more deaths than births, and there were doom-laden predictions that teenagers would be as rare as the Loch Ness monster.Part of the attitudes are framed, too, by an acceptance that Scotland has skills gaps that will be impossible to fill from within the domestic population.

The lack of general ill-feeling towards immigrants is partly explained, too, by the fact that Scotland does not have many. Just 6 per cent are foreign- born, about represent half of the UK average.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/scotland-shows-some-independence-on-immigration-1.1625851
0 Replies

Ceili

Tue 17 Dec, 2013 12:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
Understood every word. I'm going to see Danny Bhoy in January. I like Scottish comedy.
Lordyaswas

Tue 17 Dec, 2013 04:01 am
@Ceili,
Brilliant!

So, how are you on Northern Irish?

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 06:31 pm
If it's not Scottish, it's crap!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 06:41 pm
@BillRM,
If someone doesn't want immigrants of any race, religion or nationality to flood their nation to the extent that the culture changes, they are "racist?"

They may be a chauvinist or a xenophobe, but why a racist?

Personally, I don't know why it's so offensive that someone might wish to preserve a given culture that has endured for centuries.

Yes, immigrants from other cultures can influence the culture of their new home in a positive way, but why is everyone supposed to accept this as a given?

I fail to understand why the people of any nation must embrace immigration or be considered in some way immoral. Surely no one is arguing that if Scotland were to close it's doors to immigration, that people will die.

There certainly are positives to immigration, but if someone feels they are out balance by negatives, why is this sinful?

It's not as if there aren't plenty of examples of immigration creating cultural problems in Europe.
BillRM

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 07:21 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Yes, immigrants from other cultures can influence the culture of their new home in a positive way, but why is everyone supposed to accept this as a given?

It been a given in the US as one wave after another generations and generations came to our shores.

Of course every new wave was going to ruin the nation and our culture beginning with the French who was fleeing the French revolution and laws was pass to slow that flood and increase the period of time it would take new arrivals to grain citizenship from five to fourteen years.

I am cheerfully now living in one of the few large areas of the US where the majority repeat the majority of adults was born in another country.

The best man at my wedding was one of those people who was born in Cuba.

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 07:40 pm
@BillRM,
Well bully for you Bill.

I'm not arguing immigration is bad. Quite the contrary, I recognize and appreciate it's potential benefits (certainly they have been great in America), but the influence is not always positive (particularly when it is not accompanied by assimilation) and it is silly to suggest it is.

The assertion that someone who has observed the results of immigration in the UK and Europe in recent years is a racist because he doesn't want the possible negative influences in his country is thickheaded pandering to PC Nation.

If and when right-wing Christians label all who disagree with them as evil sinners and tools of Satan, folks like you ( rightly) scoff, and (wrongly) rant as if they are defending the nation against a theocratic horde, and yet you employ the same methodology of denouncing those with whom you disagree by declaring them all racists.

Same pew, different Church.

BillRM

Wed 18 Dec, 2013 10:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The assertion that someone who has observed the results of immigration in the UK and Europe

English problems with immigration is the result of side lining those groups and not accepting even the second generation as full members of British society.

In other word English racism is resulting in having groups that are not being accepted therefore do not feel the normal loyalty to the UK that is norm for born citizens.
Ceili

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 12:05 am
@Lordyaswas,
Me Ma's from the ould country. No problems there either. Kilkeel, Co. Down. I can do a pretty mean norn iron accent too...
Lordyaswas

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 03:14 am
@BillRM,
I see you are testiculating again, Billy Bob.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:36 am
@Ceili,
Wonderful!

I'll try you on Geordie next.
izzythepush

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:37 am
@Lordyaswas,
Had' away 'n shite.
Lordyaswas

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:41 am
@izzythepush,
Well known solicitors in Newcastle.
izzythepush

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:47 am
@Lordyaswas,
I lived there for three years, and I can still taak Geordie when I want to.

From The Geordie Bible.

Quote:
Noo ye aal knaa hoo Moses wuz fund in the bullrushes, be the Pharur's dowta (leastways that wuz hor story). Weel, yors laytor Moses an'ees lads wa workin' in the clarts b'the Nile myekin' bricks f' the Pharur.

Noo one iv the gards cums up an sez,"Noo theor, Moses, the Pharur wants te see ye."

So up lowps Moses from the clarts an' gans wi' the gard. "E gets t' the Pharur's tent an' knocks twice on the dower - 'feared Pharur 'ad a bit o' goods like.

"Howay in," sez Pharur, so in gans Moses.
"Mornin' Pharur," sez Moses.
"Mornin' Moses," sez Pharur.
"Noo luk heor," sez Pharur, gettin' strite t' the point. "Youse lads is not myekin' enuff bricks f'me pyramids. They wiz gan t'be geet muckle cubes, but wi' ye lot on gannin' slur, thuv aal hed t' hev pointy tops noo. Soas ye'll aal hev t' myek twice as monny bricks wi' nee straa."
"Nee straa!" sez Moses, "the lads'll nivvor agree t'thet!"
Lordyaswas

Thu 19 Dec, 2013 04:49 am
@izzythepush,
My in-laws were Geordie.

I had to hire a translator when I first started courting!
0 Replies