Why do people deny evolution?

farmerman

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 12:50 pm
@AugustineBrother,
"repudiating " someone who made observations in the 1600's aint too hard. We love little Nickey Stensen but only because he, like LEonardo tried "thinking **** out". Experimentation is the nature of the game, not some piece of observational "truth".

Lots of geologists re wrong in their hypotheses but , I am sure, at least pretty sure, we dont go digging back 400 years to find something worth repudiating.

Hell, Ive got all kinds of problems with Punctuated equilibrium based on stratigraphy alone.

Also, look up Hjolstrums principles and youll find it makes observations on particle physics that are counterintuitive. (BUT experimentally fct)

0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 12:55 pm
@AugustineBrother,
"String theory" isn t a physical theory at all. Its a hypothesis in which he mathematics is (so far) dimensionally equivalent.

We do this all the time.
I have my students solve phase equations in terms of viscosity theory.

Or we do the Theis equation using drum head analyses.

As for being a Catholic, so was I. (My fmily was a buncha Russian Jews who, escaping the Pogroms converted to Russian Orthodox and then escaped to Poland where they picked up on Roman Catholicism. It was fun around holidays and my love for earth science came from Father Miczkuyn who argued like a nut job about "Special evolution".
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 12:57 pm
@AugustineBrother,
QM is mostly falsifiable as we use its theory for design and ops of such machines as GCMS's , SHRIMPs, EDAX, and almost all digital geophysics equipment
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 02:41 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Please provide an example of each that you think are equivalent
I assume you mean equivalent in terms of being circumstantial or indirect.

The unlikelihood of Abiogenesis by chance.

The movement of galaxies due to undetectable dark matter.
parados

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 04:23 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
The unlikelihood of Abiogenesis by chance.

OK... I'll bite. Where is your math that shows it is unlikely?
0 Replies

parados

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 04:26 pm
@Leadfoot,
But in reality, I was asking you for a specific evidence of a God and specific evidence used in science that is equivalent. That was your claim.

The problem you wil have is that I will be able to find much more evidence in science to support a theory. The evidence in science will end up with some of it being falsifiable, repeatable etc while you will be able to find nothing like that for God.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 04:31 pm
@JimmyJ,
How clueless you are about discussion. Who is going to give their view when you have stigmatized them from the start by saying (and this is dumb as dumb gets):
"The evidence pretty much speaks for itself"

I get it , you just wanted creationist -haters to pile on. Of course
farmerman

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 04:51 pm
@AugustineBrother,
psst, This is sort of a robothread. Jimmy J has not been around for a few years. I think he went to grad school to do research in applied genetics.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 07:08 pm
Who would hate creationists? That would be like hating the mentally retarded, just because they're retarded.
AugustineBrother

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 05:41 am
@Lordyaswas,
That isn't a guess, It's a hope-- to justify your bigotry.
Notice too that your argument is based on reason being importent even when confronted with the truth, which allows 'superior' people like yourself to smugly attempt to govern the lesser folk.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 05:43 am
@JimmyJ,
But that data shows that atheism has the LOWEST retention rate of all religious groups. Here is a famous recent atheist blogger (born and raised atheist) a Yale graduate and she says the opposite, that she wasn't a believer because she had been denied the chance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1F35ExQnVE
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 05:46 am
Man, religious people can be some hateful sumbitches. Who's been peeing in your Wheaties, Bubba?
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 05:52 am
@rosborne979,
JimmyJ, I think you haven't any idea what believers in Evolution know and that is why you frame your statements in terms of non-believers. I have an excellent Biology background and it is within the last 5 years. I had only 2 friendds of ALL my friends, all college graduates, who had any science post-High Schoo, and they are nurses !!

If you read the ACTA report 'The Hollow Core', you will see that of the top 50 colleges in the US, the faculty have made it so that in 40% you can graduate without ONE science course.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 05:53 am
@JimmyJ,
If you read the ACTA report 'The Hollow Core', you will see that of the top 50 colleges in the US, the faculty have made it so that in 40% you can graduate without ONE science course.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 05:54 am
@rosborne979,
But that contradicts your thesis. Maybe the case is that both those who believe and those who don't BOTH lack the education

And,yes, I am right
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 05:55 am
@rosborne979,
I understand it (and Stratigraphy and the Astronomy that underlies evolutionar views of the material universe) and I REJECT IT. Let's have at it, Pompo !!
0 Replies

spooky24

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:21 am
@Setanta,
You are totally outclassed here. You have never been in a life or death situation that calls upon everyone to determine their own faith. You have never been to the Middle East-much less Jerusalem which is a nut house you have too see to believe-the far east or the Balkans to see how other populations have various faiths.
My family is originally from Bavaria which has a deep Catholic history and that faith is a huge part of their lives. So much so that the Reich left them alone and made sure that they were well fed and supplied while in the rest of the Reich everything was rationed. The Bavaria Catholic's are the ones who steamrolled the Vatican into closing their eyes about what was going on in occupied Russia.

You try every way in the world to trash and insult creationism with not knowing a damn thing about religion-especially historic Religion . The study of religion is fascinating because it is the only reason that Homo sapiens lived and survived extinction while all the rest of Homo died out.

The hatred of the Irish Catholics by the Bavarian masses had something to do with an event in the 9th century. Somehow, this hate made it's way to America where these hatreds still exist today-as to why someone along the way forgot.
AugustineBrother

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:27 am
@jcboy,
Wow, that was unthinking of you. You really think that believers have a better grounding in science.

The Hollow Core
http://www.goacta.org/publications/downloads/TheHollowCore.pdf
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:28 am
@farmerman,
How about 'drivel' -- -you can always tell who learns by reading (=seeing) and who goes by what they hear up at the pub.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 07:01 am
@spooky24,
I served three years in the Army Medical Corps, you hateful god botherer. I've seen more men die than you will ever see in your pathetic life. However, thank you for demonstrating just how ignorant and hateful religious nuts can be.

Your version of history is also hilariously entertaining, like most of the dreck you post here. Thanks for that.