Why do people deny evolution?

ellease1

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 05:43 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Aren't you the clever little shyte? Do you know what equivocation is?

Like I said language is contradictory. When it is used to describe the whole it works without any slip ups or contradiction when it is based around the body it is like a net that is full of holes
Quote:
You might want to look it up.

No need just see the language for what it is, a shambles. When you exercise intelligence this is the first thing you notice when expressing the fundamentals
Quote:
Changing the meaning if sight in the middle of your argument may be artistic but it doesn't convey any intelligent argument.

Stick with the facts and you will notice your argument changing too.
Language is a tool of the mind, it is created by the mind for the mind. What needs to be understand can essentially be understood without words. Since understanding can be conveyed in silence, the use of words is considered very infantile indeed and the cause of needless suffering to say the least.
0 Replies

ellease1

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 05:58 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Did you intend to use the double negative?

Can you give me a sample of that which you think you are ?
parados

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 06:26 pm
@ellease1,
Quote:

Pulling sentences out of their original context enables them to be bent and twisted in any fashion you like. And that is the problem with language, one word can have several different meaning and contradictions simtanrously.

What's the meaning of simtanrously?
0 Replies

parados

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 06:27 pm
@ellease1,
Quote:
What I'm clearly saying is that you are not a body you can misconstrued this any how you like.

I don't think this would make sense even if you corrected the grammar.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 06:30 pm
@ellease1,
ellease1 wrote:

Quote:
Did you intend to use the double negative?

Can you give me a sample of that which you think you are ?

Jedi master, you are!
http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii416/16aro16/yoda_biography_3.jpg

That or just another puppet being strung along
0 Replies

FBM

Thu 5 Feb, 2015 10:29 pm
@ellease1,
ellease1 wrote:

Quote:
I think before I get engaged with an anti-intellectual wingnut. Is that close enough?

Really, Is that what you call it? You certainly make a lot of intellectual noise FBM that's for sure. However talking about wingnuts you seem to have a few nuts and bolts loose yourself, Parados makes for a good spanner. You should engage him "I think before I engage" or maybe you should try engaging before thinking, it does help especially when there is a lot of intellectual rattle going on void of intelligence.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/airwank.gif

Hominids have been evolving intelligence for 15~20 million years. I spent thens of thousands of dollars over a decade or so to get my education. And you're asking me to stop using my intelligence and education and what, go with what feels good? Embrace the woo? Pass.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 01:08 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Hominids have been evolving intelligence for 15~20 million years.

Where is the proof, mate? No, NOT your textbook!

Quote:
I spent thens of thousands of dollars over a decade or so to get my education.

Waste of your money, mate! No, no joke. However, I se now better where you are coming from. If you paid so much money , it is difficul to admit you have been duped, but you are! Sorry for that,

Quote:
And you're asking me to stop using my intelligence and education and what, go with what feels good? Embrace the woo? Pass.

You can ONLY start using your intelligence, when you unlearn your 'education' which, one day you really have to see this, is nothing more then real indoctrination.
You have been dumbed down by the nth degree . All provable mate!
So, start unlearning the rubbish and you can become intelligent and creative again.And, sorry to say, you are way far to removed from that. But it is not your fault.

parados

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 08:16 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Stop using the results of other people's intelligence Q. Science created the internet and the computer you are using. It's the height of hypocrisy to use science to claim it is wrong.
Quehoniaomath

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 01:29 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Science created the internet and the computer you are using.

He, mate! Well, after research I have found out it (science) didn't create ANYTHING!!!!

No joke, this is really true!

You have been had by propaganda! The WHOLE of 'science' is propaganda slightly disuised as a religion. You have NO clue, no clue what so ever,

Quote:
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell

Now, back on my ignore, again, dude. You are too bad of a researcher.
parados

Fri 6 Feb, 2015 02:29 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Ding! Ding! Ding!!!

We have a winner folks!

http://able2know.org/topic/226001-243#post-5881496
ellease1

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 04:48 am
@FBM,
Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm simply asking you to stop sucking on the nipple of social normalcy and pay attention. If the child does not leave the breast milk its mother supplies for it. It will not receive sufficient nutrients to grow. You do not continue sucking your mothers breast, so why do you insist on being drip fed by the society?

What you call intelligence is simply a will to live. The consciousness manifests itself as material. Out of this material instruments of cognition are formed and utilised for the benefit of the consciousness itself, no individual has yet come into the picture. These instruments serve the purpose of survival; in the process the consciousness learns to protect and perpetuate itself. But all of this is merely a way of thinking and cognising. Your presence is only conceptual, thought is really only about that which cannot be thought about. Just has perception is about that which cannot be perceived. What is perceived is already contained in the memory of the consciousness.

Prior to the birth there is the desire to experience oneself, the consciousness of that becomes embodied and the birth takes place.

The consciousness then becomes manifest in body form. You cannot have the experience of yourself unless there is an instrument to house the consciousness. You are the host, this body is just the guest.

Now here lies the problem; once your attention turns away from yourself duality appears. Having created the urge to know yourself through the desire to be the whole universe come into play. once there is the urge to be, the desire of that generates energy Once there is an emergence of energy there is duality, friction is created between the two opposing forces and the consciousness of that becomes embodied. Once energy and matter meet, it stabilises and an organism is born. This is as far as the material goes now what about its source ? Consciousness does not shine by itself, there is a light that shines beyond it.

To know you must get out of the sock that you have grown comfortable with. Break the mould of monotonous thinking.

Raising the level of your consciousness in turn deepens and broadens your awareness
FBM

Sat 7 Feb, 2015 06:58 am
@ellease1,
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/ok.gif
0 Replies

ellease1

Mon 9 Feb, 2015 03:50 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Ding! Ding! Ding!!!
We have a winner folks!

Well it certainly isn't you spouting this sort of nonsense.
Quote:
Science created the internet and the computer you are using.

How the hell do you come to such an idiotic conclusions.

Science is merely a method of discovery, it does not create anything. The creation process happens by itself, then the idiots come along and claim merit in the name of science.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 9 Feb, 2015 04:19 pm
@ellease1,
Quote:
Science is merely a method of discovery, it does not create anything. The creation process happens by itself, then the idiots come along and claim merit in the name of science.

You got it nearly right.
The creation process happened a long time before there was 'modern science'.
In reality 'modern science' has and will have nothing to do with it.
The creation, of technological things, was way way way before that.
But 'modern science' does indeed claim, while in the meantime it never had to do anything with it. Nor in a practical, nor in a metaphysical sense.
All sheer propaganda.
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 01:12 am
So much motivated reasoning, empty rhetoric and ad hoc rationalizations. There's an abundance of evidence to show that we evolved and we're still evolving: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/evo.12598/abstract

Quote:
Keywords:
Genetic correlation;heritability;stability of G;variance–covariance matrix

The recent demographic transitions to lower mortality and fertility rates in most human societies have led to changes and even quick reversals in phenotypic selection pressures. This can only result in evolutionary change if the affected traits are heritable, but changes in environmental conditions may also lead to subsequent changes in the genetic variance and covariance (the G matrix) of traits. It currently remains unclear if there have been concomitant changes in the G matrix of life-history traits following the demographic transition. Using 300 years of genealogical data from Finland, we found that four key life-history traits were heritable both before and after the demographic transition. The estimated heritabilities allow a quantifiable genetic response to selection during both time periods, thus facilitating continued evolutionary change. Further, the G matrices remained largely stable but revealed a trend for an increased additive genetic variance and thus evolutionary potential of the population after the transition. Our results demonstrate the validity of predictions of evolutionary change in human populations even after the recent dramatic environmental change, and facilitate predictions of how our biology interacts with changing environments, with implications for global public health and demography.

Quehoniaomath

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 01:29 am
@FBM,
THAT IS MICRO EVOLUTION, MATE! WAKE UP!!!!!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 03:49 am
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN PRINCIPLE BETWEEN MICRO-EVOLUTION, SO CALLED, AND MACRO-EVOLUTION. AFTER A LOT OF MICRO-EVOLUTION, IT CONCATENATES TO A NEW SPECIES. ADMIT SO-CALLED MICRO-EVOLOUTION EXISTS, AND YOU INEVITABLY HAVE TO ACCEPT THE WHOLE SCHMEER.
Quehoniaomath

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 05:23 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN PRINCIPLE BETWEEN MICRO-EVOLUTION, SO CALLED, AND MACRO-EVOLUTION. AFTER A LOT OF MICRO-EVOLUTION, IT CONCATENATES TO A NEW SPECIES. ADMIT SO-CALLED MICRO-EVOLOUTION EXISTS, AND YOU INEVITABLY HAVE TO ACCEPT THE WHOLE SCHMEER.

THEN, PROOF IT!

YOU CANNOT!!!

MontereyJack

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 09:51 am
LOOK AROUND YOU. THE WORLD PROVES IT. THE EXISTENCE OF MODERN HOMO SAPIENS SAPIENS PROVES IT. YOUR VERY EXISTENCE PROVES IT. WELL, IN YOUR CASE, I'M NOT SO SURE, IT'S NOT THAT CLEAR YOU'VE EVOLVED BEYOND H. HABILIS AT THE LATEST, REASONING-CAPACITY-WISE..
parados

Tue 10 Feb, 2015 10:00 am
@ellease1,
It seems you failed to understand that I made a prediction and it proved to be true. That is the essence of science. Without it there would be no internet and no computer.

Science is used to predict that the electrons produced when you press a key on your computer will create a signal that is sent to your computer then out of your computer and finally to my computer where that signal is what you intended. Without science there would be no internet because there would be no way to predict what happens on it.