Why do people deny evolution?

Frank Apisa

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 06:20 pm
@ellease1,
ellease1 wrote:

Quote:
Your impatience has nothing to do with your supposition that I am ignorant.

Indeed not, my reference was to ignorance in general, on the whole.

Quote:
It can't, because I am not ignorant.

Self denial is in fact an attribute of ignorance .

You are putting way too much effort into helping me here, Ellease.

Ease off a bit.

You'll feel the better for it.
Wink
Frank Apisa

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 06:22 pm
@ellease1,
ellease1 wrote:

Quote:
I suspect your impatience has to do with your lack of maturity.

Again you infer, why don't you ever know anything for sure frank? You suspect, assume and imagine. Know yourself as you are and there will be no room for your imaginings to appear.

I suspect you want others to be positive of crap they cannot possibly know...the way you are so positive of crap you do not know.

That trait is part of your charm, Ellease.

It is something particularly enjoyable to watch and laugh at.
Frank Apisa

Sat 17 Jan, 2015 06:24 pm
@ellease1,
ellease1 wrote:

Quote:
You'll get over that...although in your case, I suspect it will be with you kicking and screaming that you "don't wanna."

My impatience is not an obstacle, it is merely something I bear witness to. Others may need to get over it such as yourself . But it cannot obstruct me, it will disappear of its own accord.

This is your problem frank, you see thing through your filters, where as I know these filters to be imaginary. You are govern by the dictates of your mind whilst I only watch the mind and think nothing of it. It is doing its own thing and because you do not realise this, you are dragged along with it.

Don't you see frank, it is your mind that hinders you from seeing the truth. It is not something that you can find and put in your pocket and say here look! I've found the truth. Nor will you find it in books. I am not trying or giving you the truth I'm merely pointing to you as the truth, but when I point here you are looking over there.

Btw, you never answered my question : how do you define the "Actual " and the "Remembered"?

Yup...watching you pretend to know the stuff you are pretending to know...is a gas!

ellease1

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 06:11 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You are putting way too much effort into helping me here, Ellease.

Like I said frank, it's a pleasure. I must admit it wasn't at first but that's oynly because I had high expectation, when the food is well seasoned you anticipate a great tasting meal.

Quote:
Ease off a bit.

I am my friend, I am

Quote:
You'll feel the better for it.

I do not care much for my feelings. If you are honest with yourself you only know that there is feeling, who is feeling and what is being felt cannot be known. So why bother about what one is feeling? Go beyond them and see what they are revealing, that much you can know if you are worthy.

It is because you see yourself separate from the world you go looking for causes in the world. When you have a problem in this world, you can get help to a certain degree from friend, relatives or whosoever you confide in, but ultimately it is down to you. You are not so unintelligent as to realise this much.

All your problems are you own frank, wether indirectly or directly in awareness or inadvertence you created them and you can destroy them. But you must come into your own.

Whatever you have been told it is the given, all the information you have collected along the way has been given to you. This content of your memory governs your life. But in order to know who you are you must make inquiries into the memory itself, not it content, that is the rubbish. It is analogues to a computer, brand new it is fine , the moment you start using it, it starts collecting data and soon you fine yourself having to defragmenting it in order for it to maintain its optimum performance.

It is a no brainier frank; literally. Just get yourself out of the way and it will all happen by itself; it does in any case, you are just too busy with yourself to notice.

0 Replies

ellease1

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 06:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I suspect you want others to be positive of crap they cannot possibly know...the way you are so positive of crap you do not know.

I've told you already frank, it is all happening by itself. Nobody is responsible, it is not so much that you have to go looking for it than it is you getting out of the way of it.

Everybody is in a position to know themselves as they are. It is only a matter of focus, people do not focus on themselves, they focus on things other that's themselves, they are more interested in the world as something separate from themselves so they are not privy to the lessons that it teaches them.

Quote:
That trait is part of your charm, Ellease.

That's how you see it, remember , your world is private and personal. Nobody shares it and nobody know but you.

Quote:
It is something particularly enjoyable to watch and laugh at.

You are free to do as you please, but remember throwing your dummy out of the pram when somebody squares you up to yourself will not help you.
0 Replies

ellease1

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 06:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Yup...watching you pretend to know the stuff you are pretending to know...is a gas!

Laughing Laughing Laughing who is the mature adult here? Answer the question frank, we need to get off this roundabout, I'm beginning to feel nauseous.
izzythepush

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 06:41 am
@ellease1,
ellease1 wrote:
who is the mature adult here?

In my experience those who go on about maturity tend to be teenagers with no concept of what maturity actually is.

( Btw, Frank is mature enough to behave childishly if he wants.)
farmerman

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 06:54 am
@ellease1,
Quote:
we need to get off this roundabout, I'm beginning to feel nauseous
Yet you and he are feeding each other like mother robins
ellease1

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 07:54 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
In my experience those who go on about maturity tend to be teenagers with no concept of what maturity actually is.

You are absolutely right in one respect, I have no concept about anything other than myself, the primary concept. When you have amassed enough experience you will realise this for yourself too. First pay attention to yourself and the rest will happen by itself.

Quote:
( Btw, Frank is mature enough to behave childishly if he wants.)

of course, like I said, you are free to please yourself.
0 Replies

ellease1

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 08:00 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Yet you and he are feeding each other like mother robins

Apparently so, the one who has accepted the food on offer will be satisfied. Suffice to say, the one that does not remains hungry.
Frank Apisa

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 09:30 am
@ellease1,
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0hoTMaNhLbilaR-GlNnGcWyzJMFSiRMBuuzBBEkYtWOFTLzOcJw

ellease1

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:24 am
@Frank Apisa,
Laughing Laughing Laughing have you got the box set Frank? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Frank Apisa

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 11:26 am
@ellease1,
ellease1 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing have you got the box set Frank? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nope.

You?
Wink
ellease1

Sun 18 Jan, 2015 04:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Nope.

You?

Nope.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Mon 26 Jan, 2015 12:37 am
Quote:
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/83/6f/836ff7e9d6a24d2ff71ff8b432cd9e09.JPG?itok=NqsMHdrW

Using recent discoveries in genetics, biochemistry, geology, radiometric dating, and other scientific disciplines, Dr. Ashton explains chapter by chapter in straightforward language 12 compelling reasons why Darwin’s theory of evolution is just a myth.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0890516812/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1VTE05SE5STN7K7R1DP6&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1970559082&pf_rd_i=desktop

parados

Mon 26 Jan, 2015 07:49 am
@Quehoniaomath,
The cover of the book gives us one clear reason why Dr Ashton is being disingenuous in his discussion of evolution.

When someone falsely claims evolution is about the origin of life, you can stop right there. They clearly have no understanding of evolution or it's theory.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Mon 26 Jan, 2015 11:38 am
@Quehoniaomath,
John ashton is a food scientist whose specialty.is the health benefits of chocolate. He is also a young earth creationist like most of quahogs sources. In other words zero credibility.
Frank Apisa

Mon 26 Jan, 2015 01:12 pm
That last post from Karen was deleted...if by the monitors, apparently because of the link. Or Karen may have deleted it herself for some reason.

I wish it hadn't been...but I have a question for Karen...so if she could post a comment here without the link, I'd appreciate it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 26 Jan, 2015 01:21 pm
Karen essentially was saying “it is possible to believe in a GOD (creator)…and “it is possible to believe in evolution” at the same time.

That thought has run through many of the evolution threads…and there is nothing particularly original in it.

But…as most regulars know, I have a problem with the expression “believe in”…and I would like to ask Karen what she means when she uses the expression.

Karen, if you are monitoring despite having the posting deleted…I hope you can answer that question for me.

What do you mean with that expression?

There are lots of different meanings and nuances to “believe”…so if you could, I’d love for the explanation to be made without use of that word.
Quehoniaomath

Mon 26 Jan, 2015 02:12 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
John ashton is a food scientist whose specialty.is the health benefits of chocolate. He is also a young earth creationist like most of quahogs sources. In other words zero credibility.

An Ad Hominem is not a valid argument mate!
It doesn't work that way!
Is he right or is he wrong is the ONLY thing that matters!

Ehh maybe read the book BEFORE judging it? LOL

man o man
0 Replies