Why do people deny evolution?

Builder

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:42 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The religiously devout are wedded inseparably to a set of certainties, and are not open to anything to do with evidence.

That's cognitive dissonance, in a nutshell.
0 Replies

FBM

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:50 am
Nail, head, meet hammer.

Herald wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
But, soul and heaven? How does one prove them
      ... in the very same way in which Hyperspace is proved ... without any evidence in the physical world.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 03:51 am
That's only cognitive dissonance is one values evidence over belief--they don't. That's why i say that there are two different languages being spoken.
FBM

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:06 am
@Setanta,
At the foundations, yes, but on the surface they're pretending that they can speak our language and failing miserably at it. Harold couldn't even specify which hyperspace he was talking about when I asked. It seems to be a dummy noun for him, in the sense that he knows to use it as one without knowing what it means.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:13 am
I'm sure that getting routinely hammered makes a relatively intelligent pserson anxious to appear knowledgeable. They won't give up their preference for belief over investigation and evidence, but they want to appear as though they are in the game.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:56 am
@Setanta,

Setanta wrote/[/quote]That's why i say that there are two different languages being spoken. [/quote]

It does seem to be the case. I can often imagine an echo, with a spanner clanging the sides of the pipe on the way down.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 02:28 am
two different languages or not, there still is no evidence for evolution!

Builder

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 02:53 am
@Quehoniaomath,

Nor is there evidence for creation.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 03:14 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
And saying there isn't any such evidence, in the face of overwhelming evidence that this theory is indeed descriptive of observable facts, is merely stupid.

However, as you have already given us all ample evidence of your ignorance of the facts and pig-headed, stubborn stupidity, this is redundant.

This guy or girl is very funny and has convinced him or herself, that there is such a thing as "overwhelming evidence". In reality something like that doesn't exist at all of course. Because if there was, I wouldn't write what I wrote.

Furthermore, see or him seems to be in a deep need of Ad Hominems, so her or she can defend her belief system with regards to the evolution hoax.

It is all very funny to watch, people telling me about the color and the fabrics of the Emperor's Clothes.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 03:19 am
@Builder,
But you really didn't read my postings mate!!!!

I stated several times that I am not into creation at all!!!!

I asked you a few times to read my postings a bit better!!!!!
unfortunately you didn't.

It is also a way of defendfing your belief system. You really have to think that I am a creationist (which I am not!!!) in order to 'get it' that I reject evolution.

So, read carefully now, mate!!!!

I am ONLY rejecting evolution because of lack of evidence!

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing else! Not creationism, nor god, nor bibles or other things like that.

Just being veryy rationally and looking and all I see is lack of evidence.

e.g. NO transitional fossils have been found. If evolution was true, it would be in the millions!!! There is nothing to be found.

evolutionsts are really very stupid, crazy and blind people.

But it is not their fault! It is the indoctrination system called 'education'

FBM

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 03:53 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Nor is there evidence for creation.

A commonly used example of the special pleading fallacy goes something like this:

Creationist: Everything that exists had to have been created, therefore God.
Skeptic: If your premise is true, then who created God? And then, who created the thing that created God? Ad infinitum. (infinite regress)
C: Oh, no, not God. He wasn't created. Everything except God was created.
S: Blow me.

(OK, I ad-libbed that last bit.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 04:25 am
Basically, it's an anthropomorphic conceit.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 06:35 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
But you really didn't read my postings mate!!!!

You mean the ones WHERE YOU SCREAM YOUR GUTS OUT?

Quote:

I stated several times that I am not into creation at all!!!!

WHERE MATE? DIDN'T SEE THAT STUFF.

Quote:
I asked you a few times to read my postings a bit better!!!!!
unfortunately you didn't.

Nope. You linked me to some very lame shite, and asked me to do my own research.

Quote:
It is also a way of defendfing your belief system.

What belief system? I'm open-minded about everything.

Quote:
You really have to think that I am a creationist (which I am not!!!) in order to 'get it' that I reject evolution.

I don't get you at all. You don't present any kind of case for anything.

Quote:

I am ONLY rejecting evolution because of lack of evidence!

And I'm rejecting creationism for the same reasons.

Quote:

Just being veryy rationally and looking and all I see is lack of evidence.

Wake me up when you find something different. Hmmm?
0 Replies

FBM

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 06:51 am
"No evidence for evolution," my left nutsack. We're swimming in it. The fact that theists don't know or refuse to acknowledge what constitutes evidence and what doesn't doesn't change that fact. Denialism is just denialism, not legitimate refutation.

Why would a god plant all this fossil evidence all around the planet and genetic evidence in every cell of every living creature? To use its omnipotence to trick us into disbelieving in it so that it can torture us for all eternity just for not being omnipotent? That's fucked up as a football bat. If such a being did exist, it would deserve to be rejected for being such a malicious twat.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/11/141125140807.htm

Quote:
'Scary' centipede's genes reveal how life evolved on our planet
Date:
November 25, 2014
Source:
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Summary:
Centipedes, those many-legged creatures that startle us in our homes and gardens, have been genetically sequenced for the first time. An international team of over 100 scientists today reveals how this humble arthropod’s DNA gave them new insight into how life developed on our planet.

"The use of different evolutionary solutions to similar problems shows that myriapods and insects adapted to dry land independently of each other," said Chipman. "For example, comparing the centipede and insect genomes shows that they independently evolved different solutions to the same problem shared by all land-dwelling creatures -- that of living in dry air."
According to Chipman, the study found that despite being closely related to insects, the centipede lacks the olfactory gene family used by insects to smell the air, and thus developed its own air-sniffing ability by expanding other gene families not present in insects.
In addition, Chipman said, this specific group of centipedes live underground and have lost their eyes, together with almost all vision genes and genes involved in the body's internal clock. They maintain enhanced sensory capabilities enabling them to recognize their environment and capture prey.
Published in the latest edition of PLoS Biology, the research is a collaborative effort by over 100 scientists from 50 institutions. Thousands of human-hours went into looking at specific genes in the centipede genome, with each researcher looking at a limited set of genes or at specific structural characteristics to address specific questions.

Quehoniaomath

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 07:51 am
lol

fossil evidence????? Really????

There is NONE.

It is not that I don't want to see it, because I have believed once in this shite.

You only need to look closer to understand how stupid it all is and that there is no evidence for evolution.

We Are really talking Emperor's Clothes here!

He is NAKED.

But anyway, if you think there is some evidence, bring it on, mate!

cicerone imposter

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 11:35 am
@Quehoniaomath,
You once had belief in this ****? LMAO

No, you didn't. Fossil records are abundant, and they increase with more findings as time goes by. If you had once believed in fossils, the fact that more are found would provide more support and evidence for evolution - not less.

You're a liar.
Quehoniaomath

Thu 27 Nov, 2014 01:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You once had belief in this ****? LMAO

No, you didn't. Fossil records are abundant, and they increase with more findings as time goes by. If you had once believed in fossils, the fact that more are found would provide more support and evidence for evolution - not less.

You're a liar.

Of course I believed in this shite! I had too! Schooling you know!
It is forced indoctrination So, I don't lie. Why the hell should I!?

And the evidence is really only in people's mind!

increase??????? Hmm I really think the lying is on you, mate!

0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 10:12 pm
@JimmyJ,
People deny evolution, because there is no clear definition of the word to begin with. Clearly evolution is as real as the animals and plants that have evolved, the forced evolution of the dog is perhaps the best and clearest example, but corn that does not exist in nature at all might be even a better example. Thus evolution is real, on the other hand Darwin's theory of evolution where life and the complexity of hundreds of thousands of lines of DNA code were written by a warm salty pond, is kookoo in the first degree.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 10:17 pm
@FBM,
There is no evidence of any kind that the immense complexity of DNA, the most highly advanced code in the known universe was written by a warm salty pond....So get used to it. Now perhaps someday the evidence will change, but that remains to be seen.
Herald

Sun 30 Nov, 2014 11:46 pm
@FBM,
FBM wrote:
A growing body of evidence suggests that the passionate debate over public issues ranging from climate change to evolution has little to do with the facts.
     Really, what are the facts ... and what about measuring the concentrations directly. How much is the concentration of CO2 on the floor of your room, under your window, or on the curb in front of your house? ... and the NOx, SO2, dust particles 2.5 and 10? ... and at what concentration of the CO2 into the air our body metabolism will go into the Dimension X and we will all need to put some gas masks in order to be able to breath the air?
     How much of the ice of the polar cap has been irretrievably melted in the past 5 years, for example? Why may some islands in the Pacific disappear under the water in the next 20-50 years? How much is the annual production of CO2 from the vehicles and the TPPs ... and how much is the capacity of the air and of the ocean and of the woods to process CO2 and SO2 and NOx? How much is the acidity of the ocean, where it is doing to, and at what pH the ocean will become a planetary bio- catastrophe? Why the CO2 story is a one way ticket to Hell? How much is the temperature of decomposition of CO2 under normal conditions and without catalyst? ... and how much energy will you need to restore the climate of the Earth to its former glory?