Why do people deny evolution?

Quehoniaomath

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:54 am
@Wilso,
Quote:
Jesus. Stop feeding this pathetic fuckwit. He'll **** off to the pub and continue his inebriated slide into death.

This one is funny! An undirected Ad Hominem!!

So, to whom it applies...... Wink

0 Replies

spendius

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:07 am
@edgarblythe,
He was off his rocker from the start ed. He thought the masses could be improved and you can't get dafter than that.

He was onto something with that character armour stuff though.
spendius

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:11 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
You lose.

I've lost before. It's nothing new to me.

You win. I hope it makes you feel good.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:23 am
@spendius,
He had some good points, but, a lesson in evolution? He's just one in a succession of experimenters cast aside by society. In a different era or nation he might have been accepted. So what? It's what people do. Ultimately some work gets weeded out, although it might get recycled in the future.
spendius

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:02 am
@edgarblythe,
It has already been re-cycled ed.

Masters and Johnson's basic conclusions were the same as Reich's. Reich opened the door.

Evolution suggests that pressure in the population opens the door. I don't know but I imagine Reich's works are on the Vatican's Index.

The US PMG burned them.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:49 am
@spendius,
Quote:
The US PMG burned them

yep, and a lot of other stuff. .
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 01:58 pm
wouldn't it be possible that we were created by an alien other world race?

I know, I know, but may I ask, pleeeeesseeee?
parados

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 02:11 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
It's far more likely that you are a fictional character sitting on a wall talking to Alice.
0 Replies

Germlat

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 02:14 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
It's also possible that if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bicycle ...but let's not assume too much without any process of reasoning.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 02:51 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
It's also possible that if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bicycle ...but let's not assume too much without any process of reasoning.

Well, we are not talking about your grandmother here.
But it seems you already ruled out what I wrote. Can you tell me why?
or is it also just a reflex action?
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 03:03 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
wouldn't it be possible that we were created by an alien other world race?

I know, I know, but may I ask, pleeeeesseeee?

If you can successfully associate such a gimmick with a theology approving of free love and a more equitable distribution of wealth I should imagine it would fly quite well.
Quehoniaomath

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 03:24 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
If you can successfully associate such a gimmick with a theology approving of free love and a more equitable distribution of wealth I should imagine it would fly quite well.

lol, ic you have some restrictions on this.
I hope they agree((d).

Anyway, the aliens who have created us, are very very very dark and have not our best interests in mind, And certainly no free love.
giujohn

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 04:04 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
And dont you just hate it when you get a Antenna or Tentacle probing your ass?
spendius

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 05:20 pm
@giujohn,
Are you speaking from experience john?

I have no evidence that I would hate it.
giujohn

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 05:43 pm
@spendius,
No...but I dont have to be hit in the face with a dead rat to know I would hate it.
No comment on what you would or would not hate Spendi. Neutral
wmwcjr

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 06:24 pm
This forum attracts interesting characters! Wink Twisted Evil Cool Razz Laughing

(But I'm not one of them. Sad Neutral Mr. Green )

giujohn

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 07:11 pm
@wmwcjr,
HEY!
I resemble that!
wmwcjr

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 10:33 pm
@giujohn,
Betty Davis once served a dead rat (and a dead parakeet) to Joan Crawford. Shocked

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/03/cf/03cf860ab45128f53a29d62314504439.JPG?itok=Ldb8S8Fj

By the way, I don't understand half of what Spendius says. I guess my education is lacking. Sad
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 10:45 pm
@giujohn,
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/W7DmUXU1R74/hqdefault.jpg
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 11:31 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Re: luismtzzz (Post 5708014)
So long as you didn't miss out this one--

Quote:
draw on the resources of a tradition to explore possible ways of interpreting the world,

OK.

I think is really clear that it says ways of interpreting the world.

Quote:
Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge" is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe. In an older and closely related meaning, "science" also refers to a body of knowledge itself, of the type that can be rationally explained and reliably applied.

"science". Online Etymology Dictionary.
"science". Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary. Merriam-Webster, Inc. Retrieved 2011-10-16.

Science never uses traditions nor interpretations, it gathers data to construct theories interpreted as natural laws.

Imagine someone stating: in this particular community of 2000 people everyone traditionally and culturally since 300 years ago consider that the sum of 1+1 is 3. So by analysis of the tradition since it is old, and there are antique books of non specific origin that claim that 1/1=3 it should be true.
0 Replies