Johnjohnjohn

Sun 27 Sep, 2015 07:04 am
@RexRed,
Pope Francis accepta gays when God doesn't. He says Jesus was nothing but a mere man. He blasphemes alot, but you don't catch it. He is not holy.
RexRed

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 04:54 pm
@Johnjohnjohn,
Johnjohnjohn wrote:

Pope Francis accepta gays when God doesn't. He says Jesus was nothing but a mere man. He blasphemes alot, but you don't catch it. He is not holy.

The bible blasphemes women, gays, it is racist, sadist but you for some reason "don't catch it" and you think it is fine... you and your book are at fault, not the blessed pope.
glitterbag

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 07:01 pm
@RexRed,
Rex, ignore JJJ, he seems to have trouble understanding reality. He's to be pitied.
ossobuco

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 07:32 pm
@glitterbag,
Pope Francis and I are not in complete accord, not a surprise, as I'm a very ex roman catholic.

I still like him.
Naturally we won't always concur.

I still have an rosary given to us by Father Peyton, founder of the Rosary Crusade. Let's say it is an irish looking rosary. I take it he passed out many. Peyton and my father were friends, family rosary crusade. I was young. When my father died, Fr. Peyton said the rosary, Fr. Patrick Peyton of Miracle of Fatima fame.

That was a blur to me, with few distinct memories.

I don't idolize Francis, let me count the ways not, but I think he is a breath of fresh air for good.
ossobuco

Fri 2 Oct, 2015 07:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Memory zapping back, don't trust me on that rosary, as I am now remembering other ones.

In memory, I think that old one was family derived.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:13 am
@ossobuco,
Francis makes miracles: Cuba-Us relations, Boehner's resignation...

Didn't God CREATE gays anyway?
ossobuco

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:27 am
@Olivier5,
Yes, yes, and yes on all that, but now he has his knickers in a twist about clerical matters in Kentucky.

I recommend a constant delivery of bad gelato to the county office.

Oh, wait....
Olivier5

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 01:37 am
@ossobuco,
I don't think Francis is pro-gay. He won't start a gay pride in the Vatican either, but he seems genuisly moved by the fact that there are gay catholics who didn't chose to be gay and who are suffering from the CC's rejection of them. He still wants to push back on what many catholics including in Latin America see as a culture war wagged against the institution of marriage.

I also believe he dislikes the most extreme American conservatives and their acrymonuous holier-than-you cultural-warrior schtick. Hence the secret nature of the meeting.

It's also possible that the rightist elements in the CC or embassy shoved this Kentucky clerck in his agenda, while all he wanted to do is nap...

A fine line he's walking on anyway.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 04:09 am
Some of the info coming out now is making it seem the meeting was less than what is being made of it...and almost certainly, it was not a political statement on the part of the pope...nor was it necessarily a one on one thing.

I once had a general audience with Pius XII. It was at Castle Gandalfo.

It looked a bit like this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/12/article-2277568-1783C5F1000005DC-793_634x410.jpg
izzythepush

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 05:44 am
@Frank Apisa,
How did you manage to get hold of papal robes?
Frank Apisa

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 07:03 am
@izzythepush,
If I tell that story, Izzy, I get in lots of trouble.
izzythepush

Sat 3 Oct, 2015 07:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Not as much as the pontiff.
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 4 Oct, 2015 08:25 am
I would bend over and kiss his ass if he would emancipate gays...
AugustineBrother

Tue 9 Aug, 2016 12:18 pm
@RexRed,
No , you would merely be putting the finishing touches on your admission here that you don't intend to stop sinning for anybody (or Anybody)
izzythepush

Tue 9 Aug, 2016 02:06 pm
@AugustineBrother,
You sound like you're doing a lot of judging. Are you proud?
cicerone imposter

Tue 9 Aug, 2016 02:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Spot on!

http://biblehub.com/matthew/7-1.htm
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 9 Aug, 2016 10:18 pm
@AugustineBrother,
AugustineBrother wrote:

No , you would merely be putting the finishing touches on your admission here that you don't intend to stop sinning for anybody (or Anybody)

What a sad, pitiable person you are. Your understanding of religious belief seems to focus on exclusion instead of love and brotherhood and peace on earth. It appears that you think only gay men can be sinners, what about married men who insist on sodomy with their wives. Can you explain that to me? If its wrong for men with men, why is it okay for men and their wives? Or perhaps you don't know what types of affection some men expect from their partners.

I really don't know many married women or women in serious relationships who will acquiesce to that type of experimenting. Those who do, I figure its their business, as long as they don't try to tell me about it.

AB, you must understand that love expressions between lovers is their business. I think our supreme being is more interested in actual sin, like murder, theft, adultery, you know, like the acts that cause others anguish and pain. Jesus's message is love and understanding. I have serious doubts that the Son of God who died for our sins is worried about loving relationships between gay men and women.
0 Replies

RexRed

Thu 23 Feb, 2017 01:40 pm
Pope suggests it's better to be an atheist than a bad Christian
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/world/pope-atheists-again/index.html

"Bad Christian" is not an oxymoron but a sick and disgusting reality...
ossobucotemp

Thu 23 Feb, 2017 01:44 pm
@RexRed,
I saw that. Good man, good Pope.
0 Replies

jcboy

Thu 30 Mar, 2017 03:18 pm
@RexRed,
This Pope is slightly more progressive because he realizes that Catholicism cannot survive on its current trajectory. In a world where women are living longer than men, gay people are living free and Islam is the fastest growing world religion, Catholics MUST change because the rest of us flatly refuse to. Cool