was the caste system fair?

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 03:21 am
Is the caste system fair? (hinduism)?

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 03:31 am
@oheyravenne,
You tell me?

Some people born into a life of luxury, while others are considered "untouchable" because they were born into the wrong caste, destined to live a life of poverty with occasional menial labour, if they are lucky.

I think the answer is effing obvious, don't you?
Nom de plume

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 05:42 am
@oheyravenne,
Not fair, if you believe that man is the master of his destiny. The caste system does not allow people who are born into the lower castes to move up, so it is unfair. Why should a religion have the power to limit a person's opportunity? It defies logic.
BillRM

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 06:24 am
@Nom de plume,
It is also a stupid waste of human resources in locking out bright people that happen to be born into the lower classes/caste and keeping stupid people who was born into the upper caste into positions of power.

Ok, I guess if you do not need to compete with other cultures but the road to ruin if you do.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 07:18 am
Hinduisms vile caste system preaches that all people are NOT created equal and that some must stay in the gutter. This National Geographic article spells it out -
http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0306/feature1/
(Excerpt) - "Discrimination against India's lowest Hindu castes is technically illegal. But try telling that to the 160 million Untouchables, who face violent reprisals if they forget their place"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub3/caste2.gif

What a difference to the Bible-
"[God] raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory:" (1 Sam 2:8 KJV)
chai2

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 07:52 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

You tell me?

Some people born into a life of luxury, while others are considered "untouchable" because they were born into the wrong caste, destined to live a life of poverty with occasional menial labour, if they are lucky.

I remember reading the following in an article a year or two back, I think in National Geographic or some such magazine.

In was in a village where there was the usual separation between the outcasts and the upper castes. Efforts at any type of intergration were no use. At one point, the well that supplied the water to the upper castes area had failed and the only funcitoning well was in the outcast area. Water diviners were brought in, as in any event more than one well was needed for a village of that size.

The mayor/head of council/man in charge/whatever title, was progressive, and met with the diviners. He told them "You will look all over for water, but you will only find it in the outcast area."

Talk about having Mohammed go to the mountain.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 08:00 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
What a difference to the Bible-
"[God] raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory:" (1 Sam 2:8 KJV)

You know...

... it is really annoying when people of one religion, especially one like Christianity with its crimes and its sometimes brutal history, feels the need to criticize other religions.

Come on Romeo. How about a little class.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 08:36 am
@maxdancona,
Romeo's one of those 'Christians' who hates everything Jesus said. Were Jesus to come back, he'd be the first to nail him up.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 10:50 am
Quote:
Maxdonca said: it is really annoying when people of one religion, especially one like Christianity with its crimes and its sometimes brutal history, feels the need to criticize other religions.

Any crackpot can say they're a christian, for example Adolf staged propaganda shots like this of him coming out of church, but if he was a christian I'm Nanny McPhee..Smile
Heck, he actually BOMBED my 18-year-old mother in a 1940 Luftwaffe night raid on Leicester, England what cheek!
(she and her family survived without a scratch but others didn't)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/hitler_church.jpg~original
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 10:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Don't be a prat, Romulus.

Bomber Harris and Churchill used to attend church and both called themselves Christians.

One thing that Christians are expert at is war.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 10:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Any crackpot can say they're a christian

Yes... and sometimes we wish you would stop.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 10:58 am
Quote:
Izzy said: Romeo's one of those 'Christians' who hates everything Jesus said. Were Jesus to come back, he'd be the first to nail him up

You gotta be jivin us boy! Jesus is my main man and gang leader..Smile
Go JC, give it to the snooty priests!

"You're full of ****!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Jesus-v-snoots.gif~original
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look clean on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean" Matt 23:27

Foofie

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 11:15 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

You tell me?

Why would "fairness" be the question? Even without believing in one's current incarnation reflecting one's karma, a more direct question might be, "How does one become dynamic, within one's caste?" Or, perhaps, the power of positive thinking in one's caste.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 11:15 am
Quote:
Lordy said: One thing that Christians are expert at is war

If America hadn't defended herself after Pearl Harbor they'd all be speaking Japanese by now, and if the Brits hadn't won the Battle of the Great Iron Birds in 1940 the limeys would be speaking kraut..Smile
"I look forward to taking the American surrender in the White House" Adm Yamamoto
"We will wipe out the English cities"- Adolf Hitler

Nothing wrong with defence; Jesus's right-hand man Peter drew his sword and whacked off the High Priest's flunkies ear with it when they came to arrest Jesus-

"You little ****!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/peter-with-sword_zps1cd1ddcb.jpg~original
"Then Simon Peter having a sword drew it, and smote the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear" (John 18:10)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 12:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're the one who worships **** and spreads racist hate. Jesus wouldn't touch you with a ******* barge pole.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 12:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Is this lady's front bottom from Plymouth for real, do you think?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 01:06 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Unfortunately yes.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 03:41 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
But, of course, on the same night that Simon called Peter hacked off the flunky's ear, he also denied having ever known Jesus three separate times. Hypocrisy of that sort seems awfully common among people who call themselves 'Christians.'
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 04:04 pm
Quote:
Lustig Andrei observed: But, of course, on the same night that Simon called Peter hacked off the flunky's ear, he also denied having ever known Jesus three separate times. Hypocrisy of that sort seems awfully common among people who call themselves 'Christians.'

Sure, Peter and a few other disciples chickened and ran off in fear of the Romans, but that just proves that the Bible HASN'T been edited and censored over the centuries to make it look good as atheists claim!
I mean, they'd have certainly edited that bit out because it makes the disciples look wimpy..Smile
-----------------------------------------------
Romeo Fabulini: he shoots, he scores!
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/shoots1_zpsa38dec6c.jpg~original
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 05:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You never fail to provide me with at least one good laugh a day, Romeo.
0 Replies