Should I ask her out again?

Anikam

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 01:23 pm
Hello everybody!
I actually met this girl at college, and we talked few times. I asked her out, to a bowling date, she said yes, and that she would love to. The morning of the supposed date however, she sent me a text saying, that she has a car issue, and that she will not be able to make it. Her friend confirmed to me that it was true. Now I am hesitating about asking her out again. Should I?

Ragman

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 01:45 pm
@Anikam,
Anikam wrote:

Her friend confirmed to me that it was true. Now I am hesitating about asking her out again. Should I?

Why not? Especially considering that it was stated by one other source that it was true. Do you doubt the source is reliable? If you do doubt it, then perhaps spend some more time with her in a non-date environment and talk about matters with her directly. Your budding relationship needs to develop some trust and that only comes from direct discussion without a lot intensity...or worry.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 01:51 pm
@Anikam,
I say no. Let her approach you now.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:03 pm
text her right now.

Just say Hey, how are you doing?

Joe(absolutely ask her out again)Nation
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:52 pm
@Anikam,
I see no reason to assume that she was not telling the truth and you risk nothing by asking her out once more.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 04:13 pm
@Anikam,
I would give her the benefit of the doubt and try again. You never know - she might be just as disappointed as you are. Ask her out again and if she says no, or says yes but ends up canceling again, then walk away. If you don't give it another shot you will always be wondering...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 04:16 pm
Well, ONE of you should say, "Sorry about (my) (the) car. Can we try again?"

I think it should be her, but go ahead if you really want this.

(If I were the girl and really wanted to see you, I'd call you since it was my car that caused the date to be cancelled)

Try again. If she has car trouble again, then get the hint.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 05:32 pm
@Anikam,
When she said she had car trouble, why didn't you offer to pick her up?

Anikam

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2013 08:37 am
@chai2,
I don't have a car, since I'm just a student. In addition she lives in the suburbs, and I know that, without a car, you can't get to the city where I live. That's why.
0 Replies

youdruk

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 02:47 am
@Anikam,
Anikam,
i would love to be with girls but i wouldn't let her destroy my peace........just enjoy when you meet ,put ur feelings in a normal way but don't make any judgement ....it may harm you later....the most important one is YOU,you shouldn't let others to impact your inner peace...Good luck
0 Replies

Nom de plume

Reply Sat 7 Dec, 2013 12:27 am
@Anikam,
Ask her out one more time. If she has any more excuses than fuggitaboutit. If she asks for a rain check or suggests a different day or time than go for it. Otherwise, just let it go.
0 Replies