Google

gollum

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 06:57 pm
If I start writing a search argument into google.com, it fills in the ending based I believe on my prior searches.

How do I remove the memory of my prior searches to prevent this fill-in?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,050 • Replies: 6
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 07:47 pm
@gollum,
Do you have a google account?

Can you sign out of it to do your search? My husband and son both have google accounts and I come up with crazy stuff if I do a search without signing out of their accounts.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 07:53 pm
@gollum,
Click the gear icon in the upper right corner, click web history, select your options.
gollum

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 08:08 pm
@Butrflynet,
It allows user to delete individual search queries, one by one. How about all?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 10:54 pm
I saw this in a forum, dunno if it helps-

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/9623/d0a.gif
0 Replies

timur

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:08 pm
@gollum,
Quote:
How Autocomplete works

Can I turn off Autocomplete?

No, Autocomplete is built into Google Search -- it’s designed to make searching faster and easier.

Where the predictions come from

As you type, Autocomplete predicts and displays queries to choose from. The search queries that you see as part of Autocomplete are a reflection of the search activity of users and the content of web pages indexed by Google. In addition to these queries, you may also see suggestions from:

Relevant searches you’ve done in the past (if you’re signed in and have Web History turned on)
Google+ profiles that match the name of a person you’re searching for
Apart from the Google+ profiles that may appear, all of the predicted queries that are shown in the drop-down list have been typed previously by Google users or appear on the web.
0 Replies

swastik

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 05:47 am
@gollum,
Clear your browser cache and cookies, by this process you can remove your auto fill date. When you search some query, then some amount of the data stored in the cookies. You search again similar search then show as it is shown like as the label of the search box.
0 Replies