Just got a chrome warning about a thread

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 07:33 pm
Just clicked on hamburgerboy's handle to see the latest post to the 'Picture your post' thread
http://able2know.org/topic/120228-451#post-5506678

And got this:

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on able2know.org.
Content from donsdepot.donrossgroup.net, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more

Has to be an adware link embedded in the page doesn't it?

Sup?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 4,545 • Replies: 5
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 07:50 pm
@hingehead,
I get the same error message. Google has blacklisted donsdepot.donrossgroup.net and there must be an embedded link to that site in the post.

I would say that it's unlikely that there is actual malware present in the link, rather, the site has simply been blacklisted and is now triggering that warning.

I'm running OS X so I felt confident enough to push through to the post (just out of curiosity), and it's just a JPG image which might bounce through DonsDepot... not sure.

Anyway, it seems like a bogus warning to me. But I'm not running a Windows System which would be more vulnerable, so pass at your own risk I guess. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 08:46 pm
@hingehead,
Yeah, and I need to explain to google I've been there many years to post again.

Superberbly ******* annoying.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:56 pm
@hingehead,
Did you contact Admin support? That should be the first thing one does when finding such an item on the site.

I passed the request forward to the appropriate party. They should delete such tainted post post-haste.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 10:45 pm
Since I wasn't involved in the original brouhaha in any way, just wondering what the final upshot here was?
hingehead

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 03:16 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Beats me , but ros's explanation worked for me. Looks like the site is out of google blacklist now. They actually send site admins notice that they've been blacklisted and what they have to do to undo it.
0 Replies