a ramble about yahoo

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 05:46 pm
what is this email stuff about patty, me, or Dr. ......., me. Or, Dr. seuss, me. Seems to me that yahoo is infantilizing all of us at once.

Too cute. It's been a few weeks now an I am getting annoyed.

I liked it when I was clear what I sent by email, and then what the person answered.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,217 • Replies: 11
Topic Closed
No top replies

ossobuco

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 08:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Do the rest of you get this
To Me stuff?
edgarblythe

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 08:52 pm
I don't use Yahoo. I don't understand what you are telling us here.
ossobuco

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
A few minutes ago I had to check in, was not recognized, though partly, and had to come up with a new password. I guess I was a fool.
ossobuco

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:10 pm
@ossobuco,
On the too me stuff, that is what you see, in your posts - so and so to me.

I think it's creepy.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Can you clarify? I don't necessarily understand what they're doing now. I gave up on Yahoo a couple of years ago and even then it was merely to take in the hundreds of Freecycle email messages and nothing else.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:24 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

A few minutes ago I had to check in, was not recognized, though partly, and had to come up with a new password. I guess I was a fool.

Maybe your account was hacked. It's quite a possibility. I don't really trust Yahoo and their ability to keep hackers out of people's accounts.
roger

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
I've been hearing about the password issue from several a2k sources; Timur and OmsigDavid if I correctly recall. So far, it hasn't affected me.

What I have been seeing is the messages and their multitude of replies and rereplies are no nested or chained, which was one of my issues with gmail. I believe if you delete one of those messages, it's possible to accidently delete the entire chain. Also, it wasn't till today that I discovered a way to add someone to the contact list. I'm really afraid Yahoo has selected the wrong role model to imitate.

So, what mail system are you using, tsarstepan?

Dang, but I'd hate to have to notify everyone of a new address. Still, it might be a way to get a note from littlek.
roger

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 09:53 pm
@ossobuco,
That "To Me" garbage in yahoo's little way of telling you the message was to you; from whoever. I had a series of back and forths from one party and forwarded the whole shebang to a third party for notification. It got kind of confusing, and I had to check my 'sent' box to be completely sure of who I had actually sent the whole thing to.
tsarstepan

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 10:01 pm
@roger,
I use Gmail but I rarely use email for long form chain of replies so I never have that problem ... at least not yet.

For work, I use Outlook (but I sure a very old version as my law firm is cheapo in terms of not updating Windows and its Office programs - all XP systems.
roger

Thu 28 Nov, 2013 11:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks, anyway. Gmail just isn't my solution.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 29 Nov, 2013 07:38 pm
@roger,
Thanks, you explained it. I was startled when I saw Dr. Soandso to me. Such strange wording. I was fine with the previous years of the name of who was sending me a message, the start of the message, and then date/time. And then the nesty business. Rolls eyes.
0 Replies