Open letter to Swanson

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 01:07 pm
For decades now I've made mental note whenever a common substance seemed proven to promote longevity until now, in addition to my 5 hypertension and cholesterol meds, I take 25 nostrums of some sort or another. So about once a month I accrue 28 individual mini cups containing my prescription meds plus various quantities each such over-the-counter tab (many not available at CostCo, from Swanson)

But now I attribute my longevity at 83 and otherwise good health not only to my morning 2 cups of joe and 1-3 evening bottles of The Brew; but now, lo: l-3 accompanying cups of nuts, thank you Mr. Swanson

http://www.swansonhealthnews.com/newsletters/ResearchUpdate/2013/131127/131127_RU.html?emv_mid=2146873&emv_rid=14932399317

Anyhow the list of presumably effective nostrums continues to grow. So Swanson, why don't you field the concoction of a single pill (yea, would hafta be pretty big) containing a minimum dose of each proven O-C substance, relieving me of much that tedium each four weeks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,905 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 05:00 pm
@dalehileman,
Have to custom compound it for each customer, most likely. Maybe get three things you need, and two that are very bad for you particular body.

I use Swanson, too.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2013 05:17 pm
@roger,
Rog your comment is well taken; my own GP for instance has rated my various nostrums as bad, questionable, or okay. So the bad ones I take just twice a month, the q's four times and the okay 30 to 60 times. Still there ought to be a standard regimen for perfectly healthy

….that is, if there are enough falling in this category to support such a product
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 12:13 pm
You might find this interesting:

http://able2know.org/topic/233277-1
dalehileman

Reply Sun 8 Jun, 2014 01:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
Bran thanks most kindly, I've saved it for perusal
0 Replies