Iran nuclear deal signed in Geneva

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 08:51 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Still waiting for any confirmation whatsoever that America is winding down its presence in the ME

The lack of bases in Iraq

Assad crossed the line in the sand using chemical weapons no problem

the lack of any credible plan to deal with ISIS

The fact that there is not much concern that we have after all this time no credible plan to deal with ISIS

This deal

American public opinion

THe massive shrinkage in US military capacity (look at the force numbers and the budget)

The fact that we get nowhere trying to get regional powers to counter ISIS because NO ONE believes that the US can be trusted to stick around to implement a plan

The fact that Iraq is using primarily Iranian military expertise to try to get its military functional rather than American

The fact that Israel no longer has faith that we have their back

The fact that the Egyptian military completely disregarded our threats of what would happen if they took down the Muslim Brotherhood, and that we caved after they did it anyways

THe fact that Bahrain does what ever the **** it wants to do to put down threats to royal rule no matter what we threaten them with. And that the Saudi's assist them with this without care for our opinion.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 09:00 am
@hawkeye10,
There was never any intention to have permanent bases in Iraq. Permanent bases are in Bahrain. They're not under threat, and the inclusion of a permanent British base along with the two American ones means the presence is increasing.

The rest is all in your imagination, and it's based on your profound ignorance of matters outside your own back yard.

This deal indicates that Obama is smart enough to grasp the chance to improve matters, unlike his predecessor who acted exactly like Al Qaida wanted him to because he was too stupid to realise he was being manipulated.

ISIS cannot be dealt with as long as the Iraqi Sunni minority feel they have no stake in the Iraqi government. As long as Iran is treated as a pariah state that will continue.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:03 am
@Olivier5,
What does that have to do with Iran supplying weapons to the people we were fighting.

Did you miss the insurgents part of the post? How many civilian were killed in Iraq by terrorists? Markets, Mosques and other such civilian places were blown up by these guys.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 11:36 am
I note lots of speculation on why Putin help put this deal together, and what he thinks the payoff will be. I am however not hearing anything that is particularly compelling. The best theory that I have seen is that his fear of Islamic radicalism hitting Russia and its near orbit has him angling for order in the Mid East even when Russia does not get much else out of the deal.

If I had to guess I would say that this is long ball, that Russia in angling to be a major player in the Region once again, that this is part of a plan to let the China/Russian/India? partnership have influence in the region once China is the lone superpower. That is to say that this is Russia trying to bump up its value to China in order to get a better deal. THe cheappy energy contracts that Russia had to sign with China after over a decade of working for a better deal I am sure really sticks in his craw.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 01:39 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

What does that have to do with Iran supplying weapons to the people we were fighting.

I don't blame the Iranians at all, instead of engaging with Iran to fight the Taliban Dubya basically said 'You're next,' with his axis of evil speech. So they armed their Shia supporters and made sure Iraq would be so difficult Iran would be safe. Treat people like animals don't be surprised if they behave accordingly.

Baldimo wrote:
How many civilian were killed in Iraq by terrorists?

How many were killed by allied forces for that matter? You're doing what all stupid people do and linking all 'terrorist' activity with Iran without thinking it through. Iran's supporters are in power, Iran is fighting IS, so most of Iran's weapons (and militia) are fighting terrorists on the government's side.

There's a lot of chatter about the CIA funding IS, not really any about Iran funding them.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 01:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I note lots of speculation on why Putin help put this deal together

It's pretty obvious. Russia is one of Iran's major trading partners. Once sanctions are dropped there'll be significantly more trade. It's not rocket science, a strong Iran is in Russia's interests both politically and economically.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 01:54 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

I note lots of speculation on why Putin help put this deal together

It's pretty obvious. Russia is one of Iran's major trading partners. Once sanctions are dropped there'll be significantly more trade. It's not rocket science, a strong Iran is in Russia's interests both politically and economically.

And yet Crimea and Ukraine moves, so say nothing of moving from an allaince with the West to one with China, will not pay off till many years from now. So he is supposed to be supporting Iran now for a few tens of billions of petro dollars over the next decade???

http://electronics.fadbus.com/Electronics-image/2010-9/New-Smart-Gong-Digital-Alarm-Clock-Beat-The-Drum-Red-and-Gray-6341903079020300001.JPG

You sir are clearly not half as smart as you think you are.....
izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 03:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
And yet Crimea and Ukraine moves, so say nothing of moving from an allaince with the West to one with China, will not pay off till many years from now. So he is supposed to be supporting Iran now for a few tens of billions of petro dollars over the next decade???

The situation in Ukraine has nothing to do with any of this. He's not just supporting Iran now, Russia has been supporting Iran since the fall of the Shah. And there's a lot of money to be made in trading with Iran, a lot.

Putin is doing his best to make a greater Russia, bringing Iran into the international fold is in Russia's interests. It's got naff all to do with any Western alliances.

You are an idiot who understands very little of anything.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 02:16 pm
http://i58.tinypic.com/2yu0m5y.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/23mli0l.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/ohs0fd.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/2v0029l.jpg

Source for graphs: Jewish Journal (1), Washington Post (2, 3, 4)

More details at above links.
Foofie

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 07:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
So, what is the inference in the bar charts you posted? I could only guess, and might be wrong. Perhaps, you are claiming that Jews know best? Or, if U.S. Jews think it is a good deal, that shows how naive they are (like saying in the late 1920's the man with the mustache will likely be gone soon)?

Shouldn't you use your bar charts to back up a statement, rather than post data with no specific relevance that you are asserting?
roger

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2015 08:22 pm
@Foofie,
It was informative of itself.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 04:50 am
There is a major poll that says 54-42 we want Congress to kill the deal. I think that is almost all a lack of trust in Obama in particular and Washington in general.

Looks like the R's win again.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 04:56 am
@hawkeye10,
I notice that the Iranians told Obama "If you can get this through congress then we will move, but we dont trust that you can" and tabled approval for at least a month. THe move was not expected, this was brass balls.

We will see, but major media fawning over Obama, making fun of the R's on this subject, and generally not understanding what is going on in America are going to likely wish they could have their June/July reporting on this story as a do over.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:14 am
@hawkeye10,
If it doesn't go through the message that America is not to be trusted will echo around the World. The deal was not just between America and Iran but the EU China and Russia as well. Don't expect them to pay any attention to a bunch of Republican idiots. We're quite happy to do business with Iran, but we'll probably think twice about doing business with America.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:23 am
@hawkeye10,
You've got to be able to override a veto so it looks like Congress doesn't have the numbers to kill the agreement.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 05:33 am
@engineer,
the winning is getting Americans to not trust their government even on a matter such as this. Faith in all institutions is low and getting worse, government especially.

And government worker morale is really starting to suck. Another win.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 06:16 am
@hawkeye10,
No, winning is making sure that Iranians have access to medicine which means Iranian children won't be sent to an early grave.

Most Republicans are anti everything Obama does regardless. Most haven't even looked at the agreement.

Just because Fox News tells you to think a certain way doesn't mean you have to.
Foofie

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 11:02 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Just because Fox News tells you to think a certain way doesn't mean you have to.

Those that watch Fox News might have already decided where truth resides, FROM THEIR PERSPECTIVE.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:12 pm
Quote:
An American jailed for 30 years for spying for Israel is to be freed in November after the US granted his parole, according to his lawyers.

Jonathan Pollard, a former US Navy intelligence analyst, was jailed for life in 1987 after being found guilty of passing documents to Israel.

US Secretary of State John Kerry denied the move was a bid to appease Israel amid tensions over Iran's nuclear deal.

Yeah right.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33696718<br />
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2015 02:27 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No, winning is making sure that Iranians have access to medicine which means Iranian children won't be sent to an early grave.

WINNING is accomplishing what one is trying to accomplish, the R's for a long time have wanted to shrink national government. When the masses dont think that Washington can do big things, When the masses dont trust the elite of Washingtons opinion, when the masses stop looking to Washington for answers or to fix things then the R's have won.