Scientific explanations for creation

neologist

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 10:18 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
But of course, your hands are clean. Hypocrite.
I have more than enough guilt, thanks.

But none from my intentions here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 10:54 am
You big phony . . . you believe in a "god" who tells his followers to kill men, women and children, just because they're different. This "god" authorizes slavery. This god"" decrees the death penalty for homosexuality. This "god" is a misogynist of the highest order. This "god" has made these things the law. Then you attempt to weasel out of it by making a claim which is not in fact supported by scripture, and which is in fact contradicted by your silly scripture.
Setanta

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 11:14 am
Essentially, you believe the in the self-serving fairy tales of a pack of patriarchal, misogynistic, homophobic, murderously xenophobic, and profoundly ignorant middle eastern hillbillies who just wanted to justify their crimes after the fact. I hope you're proud of your decision to make common cause with such disgusting, hateful people.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 11:20 am
@Setanta,
I'm not surprised you find the scriptures silly . . .
The OT laws were harsh for a reason. (Galatians 3:24,25) Jesus not only relieved us from the harshness of the law, but he promised even unrighteous people who have died will be given another chance at life. (John 5:28,29)
Setanta

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 11:24 am
@neologist,
Bullshit, that's completely self-deluded bullshit. Galatians? That's that old flim-flam man Saul of Tarsus making up more stories to make his new cult appeal to the Hellenistic world. Your silly scripture does not support your claims. Stop making **** up. I neither know nor care why you have chosen to delude yourself about the true nature of the ancient Jews, and the Hellenistic culture which came after and created your "religion" of choice. Don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:22 pm
I suppose next I shall have to take personal responsibility for chapped lips and paper cuts.
Setanta

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:55 pm
@neologist,
You're a snide son of a bitch. If you were worshiping chapped lips and paper cuts, sure, you'd be responsible for that failing.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 01:56 pm
@neologist,
And the further evidence that a God exists who created the universe and guides mankind that you previously spoke of? Still waiting.

So far, the totality of your evidence is that the Bible implied that Babylon would fall and, indeed, it didn't last forever. Where is that other evidence that you spoke of?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 05:24 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You're a snide son of a bitch.

Your words, not mine.
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 07:08 pm
@neologist,
Setanta wrote:
You're a snide son of a bitch.

The rebuttal. Wink
neologist

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 07:48 pm
@wmwcjr,
Careful. The yard is mined.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 08:11 pm
Quote:
Setanta said: that old flim-flam man Saul of Tarsus making up more stories to make his new cult appeal to the Hellenistic world.

You gotta be kidding us boy..Smile
Paul and the early Christians weren't in it for money-
"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit" (2 Cor 2:17)

Or for power-
"Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them, not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you" (1 Peter 5:2-3)

Heck, Paul had a good steady job as a bounty hunter rounding up Christians before he decided to become a Christian himself..Smile
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 09:45 am
Still waiting for Neologist to come back and give me the other evidence he claimed existed that the central tenet of the Bible is true. Religious science deniers look at detailed cosmology physics theory backed by mathematics and a huge volume of evidence and say, "step 47 looks a little shaky," but when asked to offer support for the theory that it was the magic, invisible guy, they run. It's nothing less than pathetic.
neologist

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 10:07 am
@Brandon9000,
I haven't forgotten. Just busy with my real life.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 24 May, 2014 10:47 am
@neologist,
Understood.
0 Replies