Is "God" just our conscience?

Fri 15 Nov, 2013 02:46 am
I've been doing a lot of research, and I've come across something a lot of people may have over looked.
What if "God" is just part of our "conscience"? Depending on sex, humans depict "God" to be a male and/or female.
Part of me (and a big part at that) tells me that psychedelics have a big part in this. There is a reason why people say high doses of certain drugs give you that "spiritual" trip. What if "God" actually stood for...let's say..The Magic Mushroom. When consuming Psilocybin mushrooms, it gives you a euphoric, amazing, feel good trip (under the right circumstances) and makes you feel like you're unstoppable, and makes you feel like you can achieve anything. (According to a lot of people) What if God was something people wanted to be. Something people only imagined. Something almighty and powerful, like...a shroom trip?
It is 2:43 AM, and i have school tomorrow, im tired. If i dont make sense, sorry.
Thats what i have been thinking about since 11:00 PM earlier today..
Need some feedback.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 11,487 • Replies: 24
Topic Closed
No top replies

dalehileman

Fri 15 Nov, 2013 11:48 am
@Groomers123,
Well 123, it's apparent that faith can impart positive feeling. The apodictical existential pantheist however takes a more general view of Her "purposes." According to the general principle that nothing is entirely anything while everything is partly something else, our anti-dualist concept maintains She, It, is the Whole Shebang, while all the activity therein is Her thinking

Knowing this might or might not constitute a spiritual trip

Quote:
Need some feedback.
In what respects

Quote:
What if "God" is just part of our "conscience"?
Eventually when it's realized that there's no distinct wall between abstract and concrete (no pun intended), it will become increasingly apparent that Her existence or non- is merely a semantic issue; while all our argument one way or t'other merely constitutes the circulation of electrons in various patterns in our respective brains and their interplay with our speech and other means of communication

Oh and 123, without revealing anything critical to your ID, can you tell us something about self: eg, age, sex, nat'l, relig, ed., motives, fam, etc
Groomers123

Fri 15 Nov, 2013 08:14 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
tell us something about self: eg, age, sex, nat'l, relig, ed., motives, fam, etc

I'm 15, male, Hispanic, Currently Atheist, Sophomore in HighSchool, i want to professional make music. I've been making different genres of EDM for 4 years.
Jpsy

Tue 3 Dec, 2013 04:28 am
@Groomers123,
This is an interesting take on our conscience and God. If there are 5 billion people on earth who believe in God (just throwing a random number out there), than they are worshiping 5 billion different Gods. Each person has their own unique ideas and opinions on who God is, what his/her morals are, what God wants from us, why God made us etc. That's why there's 1000s of different sects of Christianity.
If one God were literally part of our conscious, then we should all have similar morals, which we don't by far.
I think religious people are definitely influenced by God morally, but there are certain aspects of their conscience that are peculiar to each individual. They may project those subjective, peculiar aspects (moral judgement & intuition) of their conscience onto God, and believe that is how God thinks. For instance, in the 1800s, both people in favor and against slavery quoted scripture to back their positions. Some take the Bible literally and think atheist's are going to hell because they don't accept Jesus. Other Christians follow their conscience and think a just God would let good people into heaven even if they don't accept Christ. He would not allow good people to be tortured eternally.
muslimman

Sat 18 Jan, 2014 09:03 am
So, tell me then those who deny god, who is consistently alkternating night and day with out mistakes nature by definition is innate dispostion so, someone must of created the syystem
dalehileman

Sat 18 Jan, 2014 12:14 pm
@Groomers123,
Thanks Groom for that rundown

Don't be surprised if your views change with age
0 Replies

dalehileman

Sat 18 Jan, 2014 12:16 pm
@Jpsy,
Quote:
If one God were literally part of our conscious, then we should all have similar morals, which we don't by far.
To the contrary, if She's anything like what's supposed then She'd have conferred upon us freewill to think of Her in any way we please
0 Replies

dalehileman

Sat 18 Jan, 2014 12:21 pm
@muslimman,
Quote:
so, someone must of created the syystem
To the contrary Man. While I agree there does seem to be a system to the Whole Shebang, there's no compelling reason to consider Creation--so laden with paradox and contradiction--as a necessity. It's far more logical to think (a) She has always existed and (b) She is the way She is simply because She hasta be. That is, any major differences in the constants that make Her what She is would entail contradictions
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Sun 14 Dec, 2014 02:37 pm
@Groomers123,
Groomers123 wrote:

I've been doing a lot of research, and I've come across something a lot of people may have over looked.
What if "God" is just part of our "conscience"? Depending on sex, humans depict "God" to be a male and/or female.
Part of me (and a big part at that) tells me that psychedelics have a big part in this. There is a reason why people say high doses of certain drugs give you that "spiritual" trip. What if "God" actually stood for...let's say..The Magic Mushroom. When consuming Psilocybin mushrooms, it gives you a euphoric, amazing, feel good trip (under the right circumstances) and makes you feel like you're unstoppable, and makes you feel like you can achieve anything. (According to a lot of people) What if God was something people wanted to be. Something people only imagined. Something almighty and powerful, like...a shroom trip?
It is 2:43 AM, and i have school tomorrow, im tired. If i dont make sense, sorry.
Thats what i have been thinking about since 11:00 PM earlier today..
Need some feedback.

Since there is no God and your conscience and fears are the result of unintentional brainwashing by your parents, siblings, teachers and peers, your life is an illusion, like the rest of us - not our fault.
FBM

Tue 16 Dec, 2014 09:09 am
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

Since there is no God and your conscience and fears are the result of unintentional brainwashing by your parents, siblings, teachers and peers, your life is an illusion, like the rest of us - not our fault.

When a person in a desert sees a shimmering on the horizon, his/her sense of sight is working perfectly. When that person declares the shimmering is an oasis, he/she is interpreting the visual experience. If it's not a real oasis, the problem is with the interpretation, not the experience. The way to find out if the shimmering is really an oasis is to look for more evidence, not to go with the answer that makes you feel best. Illusions are real experiences, but errant interpretations. If the idea of a supreme, benevolent creator who loves you personally makes you feel best, you will likely cobble together whatever you can to support that conclusion, be it logical or not.
0 Replies

JohnBaner01

Sat 28 Mar, 2015 09:35 am
@Groomers123,
Firstly, our conscience, which we are born with proves that we humans have some good in us. Secondly, our conscience was made by the Lord our God to ensure that we are good as the parts of a plant or an animal.

God is the force that allows things to develop and grow. It can be observed in everything trees, plants, furniture and even in the words on this page. For example, every letter in a word is subservient to the other letters in a word. Every word is subservient to the other words in the sentence, every sentence is subservient to the other sentences etc. etc. That is the only reason that we can make sense out of words. Every part plays its own role for the good of the whole. This same principle can be applied to everything in nature. However, things in nature eg. plants, animals etc. can only work for the good of themselves i.e. the parts can only work for the good of the whole. Two wholes eg. two plants or two animals rarely work together (ants, bees and some monkeys are rare exceptions).

This is where humans come into the picture. God made humans with a conscience. A voice telling them to do good. This allows 'two wholes' to work together as two parts might. Thus, God put in us a conscience as the next step in the creation of the world.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Sun 29 Mar, 2015 12:14 pm
@Groomers123,
Thanks Groom. As teen I was also atheist but later veered to agnostic. Today however intuitively the Universe seems to have been designed specifically for us humanoids, am pantheist strongly leaning to a sort of belief
0 Replies

dalehileman

Sun 29 Mar, 2015 12:15 pm
@Jpsy,
Well put, Jpsy
0 Replies

FBM

Sun 29 Mar, 2015 06:18 pm
The Official God FAQ
0 Replies

Joona

Mon 20 Apr, 2015 06:51 pm
@Groomers123,
Your guess is good as mine.
Its same as looking symbol it can mean anything to other people but whenî you agree its meaning as other subjects own. Lets have a test. What does this symbol stand for you? ^Eyebrows? A boomerang?
Your guess is good as mine.
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 03:32 pm
@Groomers123,
If you don't know Newman and you speak of God and Conscience you are not working hard enough.

Newman believes that conscience is the voice of God. And devotes great erudite pages to why this is so. The voice but not the conscience. When you say that you are looking to 'blame' things on God.
0 Replies

Thomas33

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 12:25 pm
It's possible that existence is the re-existence of God, which if true would encompass consciousness.
If God is everything, but everything is the truth of imbalance (meaning that purpose is to establish balance), God becomes imbalance, and therefore can the purpose ever be fulfilled relative to the idea that fulfilling the purpose is God's will (considering that the something meant to be negated is God).
Leadfoot

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 01:51 pm
@Thomas33,
Do you really enjoy that?
Thomas33

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 02:52 pm
@Leadfoot,
Can you explain your question?
33export

Fri 1 Jul, 2016 06:18 pm
God, with the help of the Russian Orthodox Church, was used as a tool in the Bolshevik revolution . Wasn't a matter of conscience back then.