Muezzin calling for prayer drives Londoners mad.

Markusd

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 07:01 am
Have you ever heard some muezzin calling from the top of a minaret the Faithful for Prayer? When you hear it for the first time from the balcony of your hotel it's rather amusing and you try to make a video of this exotic piece, two days later it becomes boring and in a week you are ready to tear that mullah into small pieces just! That is what how it was with me during my two weeks' tour into London.
The East London Mosque located between Whitechapel and Aldgate serves the UK's largest Muslim minority. It can accommodate 7,000 worshippers for prayers!
Scared to think about the feelings of the Londoners living nearby. One of them I talked to in a pub said the worst thing about it is that some sermons are in English in East London Mosque! 'They want our kids to convert into Islam', Mike said. Far as I got it, he and his neighbors have been consulting some lawyer to defend their rights as British citizens who are forced actually to listen to that wild music of muezzin calling for prayer many times a day. They are right absolutely, I think.
No wonder, many local residents are now trying to move to some other places of living without any signs of Muslim presence. The houses they leave are immediately bought by Muslims......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 7,603 • Replies: 144
Topic Closed

maxdancona

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 07:04 am
@Markusd,
I am curious Mark, are you a Bible-believing Christian?
monoman

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 07:04 am
@Markusd,
This is what they do here on OZ.
Many areas are now dominated by migrants who have driven the locals out deliberately.
maxdancona

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 07:06 am
@monoman,
Are you a White Australian? Because if you are, your post would be funny.
Foofie

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 09:38 am
Many urban neighborhoods change demographics due many residents of the old demographic feeling that a "tipping point" was reached where they do not feel comfortable in a changing neighborhood, for a multitude of reasons. It can be that the new food stores seem too different. Or, the music played from cars, or apartments with open windows, is too different. Or, the sports/games played in playgrounds are too different. If it's not one thing, it's another. Eventually many a neighborhood's demographic is completely changed, from all appearances, even though a few of the old demographic might stay.

Many people in a neighborhood enjoyed living in a particular neighborhood, when the neighborhood functioned almost like a homogeneous village.

That is life in an urban setting, in my opinion. Plus, in my opinion, the winners are the banks, and real estate brokers. In my opinion, the banks, because they get to offer a mortgage on a house for a second time, and the real estate brokers, because they get a commission for each new sale made. And, the losers are the "old demographic" that fold up their tents and move on, trying to find another "haven" where they feel that they "fit in."

Only small towns might have a static demographic?

That's part of life in the big city.
Romeo Fabulini

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 09:46 am
Posters like this one are sometimes posted up in muslim areas of British cities, and there are "Muslim Patrols" going around the streets to enforce them. Personally I don't mind because it means they're cleaning up the streets for us all..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sharia-sticker.jpg

Walter Hinteler

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 10:40 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well, in other parts of your country you find this poster

http://i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w641/Walter_Hinteler/a_zps22f05792.jpg
Romeo Fabulini

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 10:58 am
Haha yes the EDL (English Defence League) go around waving banners but that's about all!
Mind you, the English civilised many parts of the world such as America, and if it wasn't for them the yanks would still be living in wigwams and scalping each other. As the history books rightly say- "The Spanish went to look for gold, the French went to set up trading outposts, but the English went to stay"...Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/arrival3.gif~original

tsarstepan

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
That florescent pink/red poster is going to send me into seizures because of the hideous color. Wow! That hurts my eyes Walter. Confused
Walter Hinteler

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:38 am
@tsarstepan,
"English culture" it is ...
Lordyaswas

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 11:57 am
@Markusd,
Interesting.
I would like to hear more about your "two week tour into London" mark.

Where did you go? What did you see? When was this?

And why.....when a tourist has been to one of the most historical capital cities in the world, with an absolute shedload of world famous sights to somehow fit into fourteen days....why would you make no mention of the rest of your trip at all, choosing to focus in on some tinpot mosque in a run down back street that is well away from any known tourist trail?

It is my opinion that you are either bullshitting us and haven't been to London on a recent holiday at all, or you DID honour us with your presence, but only chose to stir the pot regarding muslims.
Either way, your post leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 12:05 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

"English culture" it is ...

Yes. Shame that.

I'm so glad that Germany is so squeaky clean nowadays....

http://rt.com/news/german-nazi-party-tickets-062/
coldjoint

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 12:09 pm
@tsarstepan,
That florescent pink/red poster is going to send me into seizures because of the hideous color. Wow! That hurts my eyes Walter. Confused

Open up your eyes and it won't hurt a bit.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 12:15 pm
@Lordyaswas,
The NPD is a smaller problem - their are more dangerous right wing extremists here.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:47 pm
@Markusd,
President Obama thinks the Call to Prayers is beautiful.

I admit that I find it appealing too, but I also admit that I don't live in a a place where it is a daily occurrence, or where Muslims are trying to impose their culture on the locals.

Imagine a Christian priest with a megaphone calling the faithful to prayer in either the UK or the US. It would render folks like max apoplectic.
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:47 pm
@Markusd,
President Obama thinks the Call to Prayers is beautiful.

I admit that I find it appealing too, but I also admit that I don't live in a a place where it is a daily occurrence, or where Muslims are trying to impose their culture on the locals.

Imagine a Christian priest with a megaphone calling the faithful to prayer in either the UK or the US. It would render folks like max apoplectic.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:48 pm
@maxdancona,
And if he is?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Ha Ha! I get it, white Australians drove out indigenous people. Yuck, yuck.

When do you plan on returning to Northern Europe and stop oppressing the natives?
Finn dAbuzz

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 05:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Apparently you are OK with religious/morality police.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 13 Nov, 2013 06:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You really don't get it Finn? What makes it funny is the hypocrisy... you don't see me insulting immigrants (given my immigrant roots).

0 Replies