English bbc listening

agne745

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 11:00 am
Hey everyone, can you help me? I need to write everything what I heard in bbc video and I don't understand since 0.58 to 1.05 seconds and from 1.10 to 1.23 .Please,help me .This is link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19799022
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,047 • Replies: 19
No top replies

fresco

Reply Wed 6 Nov, 2013 12:15 pm
@agne745,
Quote:
(0.58 to 1.05)The cups they eat out of are as precious as the porridge. They keep them on a string about their necks. This brother and sister are eating from the same cup

Quote:
(1.10 to 1.23 )He says the porridge helps him because he gets into class while he’s full. And it also helps him when he gets home because they don’t always have enough food so it’s like a supplement to the food they have at home.
McTag

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 03:48 am
@fresco,

Respect, fresco. And I haven't even listened to the clips.
fresco

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 08:30 am
@McTag,
Thank god it wasn't Glaswegian ! Smile
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 09:07 am
@fresco,
Well done, fresco.

Would you please be good enough to translate this one for me?

I understood about 30%, but I'm not sure which 30% I understood, if you catch my drifty.

fresco

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 09:17 am
@Lordyaswas,
Nicely bold ! My earloppers never encountery that Stannersclip previous. It must be one from the archetribes not too grub and scratchy.
Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 09:19 am
@fresco,
Yes, I went there ploddy and plod through the undergrown fundemold, and there it want! Bright and sparkly to the eye and all around an ever growing forry!
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 09:22 am
@Lordyaswas,
Finally, a thread that makes sense.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 01:35 pm
@agne745,

Funny agne needed the Scottish bit transcribed, but not the African!

An' it wiz braw an' bricht, like a moonlit nicht.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 03:33 pm
@McTag,
You put me in mind of this.

McTag

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 05:28 pm
@izzythepush,

I do?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 05:55 pm
I speak american (mostly californian but also chicago/ny/boston) english. I'm hard of hearing since the mid 1980's, when tinnitus happened. I am apparently getting hearing aids soon (medicaid), which I expect to be troublesome, even driving me nuts since my lack of hearing has been so long, but that I will figure out in time how to work.

I expect to be interested with links I can see with brit or irish or scot people, but right now I can't quite get even monty python skits; I get the skits, not the words.
It's like slobovia - a blurr of fast talk.

I'm probably not the only one. I don't demand subtitles, but I'd sure like to see the text easily accessed. Izzy has sent me and others many links I cannot decifer, and I apologize that I can't understand them. I might even be glad for just a slow down button.

Are there texts for videos that I am missing - or is this a giant business opportunity. Surely the smarties have thought of this? That people can't figure out what is said?

Attention, internet start ups or full blowns. This is my idea.
I have a name beyond my username, just in case you are all clucks.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 06:30 pm
@ossobuco,
I assume it is not my lone idea. I hope not.

I take it though that the people with problems are not having resources re music.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 06:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Slow down button, has any website done that?

any major website ever?

I'll take it, if available.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Nov, 2013 07:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Give me credit for whining. If I win, I'll split it with fellow whiners up until now.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 01:11 am
@ossobuco,
I sympathize with you hearing difficulties. Several of my family members suffer.
I don't know the US market but many DVD's sold here have subtitles. Most BBC programmes and some other UK channels also have them. You may be able io buy technology to play UK/EU DVD's and you may be able to subscribe to
BBC iplayer which has a subtitle button.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 01:26 am
@fresco,
Thanks, fresco, I'll check that out.

meantime I've a hearing aids appointment in early December. I presume, from reading about others dealing with them, that I'll hear cacophony by walking into my kitchen. But I'll remember this thread and your advice.
fresco

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 01:59 am
@ossobuco,
http://ukproxy.tv/?gclid=CPPOh-Hb1LoCFVMRtAod_xAAyg
ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 02:07 am
@fresco,
Gee, thanks, Fresco.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 02:08 am
@McTag,
Yes towards the end you hear the Pict, sounding like he's quoting Burns.
0 Replies