Serial Bingeing

vonny

Fri 12 Sep, 2014 04:27 am
Hurrah - I went out yesterday and bought True Detective, the first two series of House of Cards, and series 3 of Homeland - so I have plenty of viewing to look forward to! And I still have Southland to watch - I'd forgotten about that. Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Mon 15 Sep, 2014 08:13 am
I was watching Criminal Minds, when I discovered Blacklist. There are plenty of holes in it, but for lovers of mysteries with action, this series is great.

James Spader is the lead. I did not recognize him until I looked him up on IMDB.

Egads, has he changed. I did not recognize him until I saw a picture of him when he played in Sex, Lies and Videotapes. He is obviously not a vain actor!
chai2

Mon 15 Sep, 2014 08:16 am
@Phoenix32890,
Oh dear. I just looked up James Spaders pic.

Ah well, we all age. It's the time to get comfortable.
0 Replies

vonny

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 02:09 pm
@izzythepush,
True Detective was wonderful - loved every moment of it. Watching House of Cards now - a slow start? What to watch next is my problem - any ideas?
izzythepush

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:06 pm
@vonny,
Have you seen Peaky Blinders? Season 2 is about to start, so you could tape that while watching the first series.
chai2

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 04:02 pm
@vonny,
vonny wrote:

Watching House of Cards now - a slow start?

The American or British version?
vonny

Wed 1 Oct, 2014 03:34 am
@chai2,
American. But since then I've watched another episode and starting to really enjoy!
0 Replies

vonny

Wed 1 Oct, 2014 03:35 am
@izzythepush,
Another one I missed - saw it on BBC 1 or 2 I think, but haven't watched any of it - is it out on DVD yet?
vonny

Wed 1 Oct, 2014 04:02 am
Has anyone here seen West Wing or Mad Men? I know very little about either series, but the boxed sets are on sale and tempting me a little!
chai2

Wed 1 Oct, 2014 07:05 am
@vonny,
I'm at the end of the 2nd season of Mad Men. Really enjoying it.

Nostalgia of seeing products from "back in the day", and after the initial attention grabbing, there's some really serious plots in it. On netflix, the score looks like it 4.9 out of 5. I'd agree.
tsarstepan

Wed 1 Oct, 2014 07:31 am
Been rewatching Six Feet Under from the beginning. I just finished the second season and soon will start the third season featuring the much dreaded and obnoxious Lisa Kimmel Fisher character, (Lili Taylor). One of my least favorite characters of all time.
izzythepush

Wed 1 Oct, 2014 08:28 am
@vonny,
Yes, series 1 is. Season 2 starts tomorrow night 9pm BBC 2.
0 Replies

vonny

Wed 1 Oct, 2014 02:04 pm
@chai2,
I've seen a preview of it - looks interesting! Thank you.
0 Replies

chai2

Wed 1 Oct, 2014 04:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
re 6 ft under, I only caught a few of the later seasons. I'm going to have to put that in my lineup.

btw, I thought Brenda was every so much more horrible than Lisa.

I'm mean, just her face annoyed me. Whenever I saw it, I just wanted to punch it hard as I could.
Never mind her personality. Dont' get me started.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 2 Oct, 2014 06:06 pm
BTW, on Mad Men one of my favorite characters is Joan, the Office Manager. She's a real bombshell on the show. I was just looking at images of her, and I realized she's a real life Jessica Rabbit!

On the show:

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/110217/Christina-Hendricks-Mad-Men_300.jpg

Being herself:

http://www.celebritylistall.com/wp-content/uploads/christina_hendricks.jpg
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 07:35 am
I now have drool on my keyboard.
farmerman

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 10:47 am
@Lordyaswas,
she has nice personalities
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 3 Oct, 2014 06:50 pm
ok, this is a question for men (well women can chime in too). I have a bet going on at work about this.

Christina is quite tall, 5'9" (175 cm), and has obviously been blessed either by God or a plastic surgeon.
In addition, below is another picture of her that shows the size of her hips, calves, thighs.

I think she's very sexy, looks very confident, and knows men don't like stick figure girls. I think she looks great, and can relax and have fun. I love her bigness.

The question is, what do you think the woman weighs based on the pictures below?

Firstly, I know women chronically lie about their wieght, especially to men. For some reason, men seem to be unable to look at a woman and not believe she doesn't weight 110 pounds at 5'6" lets say, when she really weighs 150-160, because that's what she and the dreaded media has been telling them.

Remember Anna Nicole Smith when she was a Guess model and really stacked? She was 5'11", nearly 6 feet, taller than a lot of men. I was in a class once, and the professor brought her up for some reason pertinent to the lesson, saying "Here's a good example of how a larger than average woman can still be beautiful. Why, here she is, 6 feet tall, and she weighs 120 pounds!" He said 120 as if it were inconcievable a woman could possible weigh that much. I was 5'3" at the time, in great shape, and that's what I weighed. I told him that's what I weighed, and I know I wasn't overweight, and didn't know how he could possible think a woman that 6 foot, with D cups, booty and everything else, could possiby be 120. When she was thin at that time, I know she had to be at least 160. I mean, come on, look at her. There's a lot of woman there...

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/2/28/13/enhanced-buzz-3109-1362077555-1.jpg

Anyway, at work today Hendricks came up and some guys where looking at some pictures. They made this ridiculous stab at what they thought her weight was, and when I said a higher number, they couldn't be convinced.

So....based on the pictures below, what is your guess? (and don't go by what something on the internet says.)

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1176002!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/hendricks6f-1-web.jpg

http://www.mamamia.com.au/wp-content/gallery/christina-hendricks_1/christina-hendricks-red-dress-floral-accent-940ls040610.jpg
Lordyaswas

Sat 4 Oct, 2014 08:14 am
@chai2,
I would guess about 11 stone 6 pounds.

(160lbs)

Perfect.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 4 Oct, 2014 11:27 am
@chai2,
When a woman asks a man how much he thinks she or another woman weighs it can only end badly.

I honestly don't have a clue.