When should it be acceptable to kill a human?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 02:38 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Were you serving drinks at the table or flyers for more guns ? Mr. Green
Never have I served drinks. Guys get paid for doing that.

Guns have a way of selling themselves. Their sale does not require propagation.

David
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 02:41 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I was hoping you were polite enough to serve people around you...
Putting up with your bull even if in the 80's is no easy task... Wink
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 02:52 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
I was hoping you were polite enough to serve people around you...
I HAVE ALREADY SAID that guys get paid to DO that.
Its not my job, any more than taking out the garbage.
Is there a REASON that I shud compete with the waiters????
Is that what the English do???

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Putting up with your bull
even if in the 80's is no easy task... Wink
(When I was a kid, I may have had a horse,
but I never had a bull.)
U falsely imply that my opinions were in the minority.
U project your own sentiments onto them.
We had a lot of gun-lovers in NY Mensa in addition to myself.
To give credit where it is due:
Mensa was born of the union of 2 English barristers in 1945.

David
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 03:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Are you saying that waiters get paid to be polite in your place ? Wink
...very "murican" indeed...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 03:02 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Kiddest thou me???
Where do u think their tips come from???
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 03:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Om: (When I was a kid, I may have had a horse,
but I never had a bull.)
-----------

"may have", you're not sure, Om??!!

Your elevator doesn't service the top floor, does it?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 11:06 pm
@anonymously99,
Its the old argument of when is murder acceptable. Thou shalt not murder. I believe the original argument was Smile "When is it acceptable to murder" is the question that been around for thousands of years.
Is it theft? Can you murder someone if they stole bread? a brilliant necklace?
When can we murder? If we are armed do we aim for the knees or arms? when do we aim for heart or head?
When do we give the license to murder. Who do we give the license to? How many can you murder under such a license? Is war a license?
anonymously99

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 10:45 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Should never be done. Pjc.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 10:47 pm
@JTT,
Jtt Is psychotic refusing to change his way of thinking. He needs to seek the Lord, get his life right then search for his true love. It is so beautiful once you seek the Lord.
void123

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 05:22 pm
@Uncle jeff,
acceptable by whom deems it so
0 Replies

void123

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 06:31 am
@anonymously99,
http://youtu.be/TS0dVo6B9zc
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:09 pm
@Uncle jeff,
I think that it is unacceptable, but we live in Hell, and that's where it is acceptable. I wouldn't do it, and I'm not a hypocrite, and I still wouldn't condemn it on moral grounds ...I don't know. That's a hard question. I think I wouldn't judge. Suffering and horror though-I think I fear that, but it's almost like saying, won't I be able to think at all, why would I be in sorrows, that's my question, as long as I can think I will never feel the sort of deep sorrows that other people feel; Anyway I write that because I"m trying not to be a hypocrite for I never want to feel these things, and these things murder victims feel-i don't think I would feel it, I had deaths already, and this is a place of madness, not necessarily of sorrows, so futility too. No I do not think I would judge a murderer, not necessarily.

It's supposed to be murder here: why does it pretend?

This opinion comes from in depth studies. We are not in Heaven. This is a place of evil torment, there are so many mysteries there is really no way to tell what the impetus is, that maybe killing people saves them, that if people "knew better' thats the thing if people, I hear, say there's a knowing better about this place, then killing is saving. So maybe people get blinded by a feeling that comes from somewhere else, because it's meant to happen. Suffer anyone to live, maybe it's a riddle. But, it seems contrary to morals, taught. So does suffering.

I mean, how do we get out of here? There's too many mysteries to say for real, what is good and what is evil. Say impetus matters,why do serial killers have one? They might be popular fiction though, don't really exist.

I cannot judge. That's my view, so I don't, rarely, I think.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2014 11:32 am
The most dangerous things are people who make you hate, and ignorance. Total loss of justice while haters walk.
0 Replies

PhilipOSopher

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 04:02 pm
@Uncle jeff,
By acceptable, I personallywould think either necessary or desirable.
Desirable for me tends to be less rational, and so therefore less acceptable out of the two - as out of the two definitions this one is much more likely to be swayed by the emotions (desire itself is an emotional drive). E.g., someone walking very slowly in front of you in a narrow corridor, totally oblivious to the fact that you're there - this results (for many people, I'm sure!) in an annoyance that reaches 'rage' levels. In this sense, killing someone joking aside, is acceptable on the terms of your own morality, however not according to British law, for example.
When it is both necessary and desirable however - e.g., you want to and must defend yourself from an axe murderer to save your own life - this is acceptable. It combines the two criteria of acceptability very well.
So in short, it should be acceptable to kill a human when it can be justified in as many different ways as possible regarding relatively reasonable moral systems.
But what number of ways/systems is the cut off point between acceptability and unacceptability??? (similar to the major problem of act utilitarianism!)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 04:37 pm
1. When you're flying for over 10 hours, and the baby in the next row is crying all the time.
2. The person sitting next to you on a flight in Economy weighs 500 lbs.
3. You're watching a great movie in a theater that you paid $15 to see, and the person close by is commenting every few minutes loud enough f0r everybody to hear.
4. You're in a restaurant reading a good book, and the person at the next table is talking so loud on the cellphone, the whole restaurant can hear it.
5. Your friends are showing you the pictures of their 22 grandchildren.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2014 07:22 pm
Quote:
Topic title: When should it be acceptable to kill a human?

Tricky one but here's food for thought-
When they came to arrest Jesus, Peter whipped out his sword and whacked the high priest's lackey across the head with it, slicing off his ear.
Jesus told him off, but the fact remains he allowed him to carry the sword in the first place (probably as a deterrent to muggers on their travels).
We don't know if Peter was trying to kill him, but the blade probably glanced off the lackey's thick skull and took off his ear.

Peter in action-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/peter-with-sword_zps1cd1ddcb.jpg~original
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2014 03:27 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Topic title: When should it be acceptable to kill a human?

Tricky one but here's food for thought-
When they came to arrest Jesus, Peter whipped out his sword
and whacked the high priest's lackey across the head with it, slicing off his ear.
Jesus told him off, but the fact remains he allowed him to carry the sword
in the first place (probably as a deterrent to muggers on their travels).
Jesus said that if u dont have a sword,
then u better buy one. Luke 22:36
Guns had not yet been invented.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 05:19 pm
It's not the passive way. If you let nature be happy the bad guys won't exist. You don't need to kill anyone.
0 Replies

room109

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 11:28 pm
just to let you know most of you all are intellectually degenerate,
0 Replies

RyanO45

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 07:09 pm
@Uncle jeff,
Capital punishment but when would you have the right to kill someone else who has killed someone?