Mississippi Embayment Astrobleme

Kalopin

Sat 12 Apr, 2014 06:35 pm
@glitterbag,
"If we don't change direction soon, we'll end up where we are going.", "When your I.Q. rises to 28, sell!" - Irwin Corey
0 Replies

parados

Sat 12 Apr, 2014 09:43 pm
@Kalopin,
Surely you can answer whether a 300,000 lb iron ball will fall faster than a 1 lb ball. That is all I am asking. Your failure to answer it makes me question your veracity here.
Kalopin

Sat 12 Apr, 2014 11:49 pm
@parados,
post #5,634,121 [bottom page #9]
Yes.
That was my answer. Yes, the heavier ball will travel faster. It is human response, when two objects of dissimilar weight are held, generally the lighter one will be released first, this already skews results, then there has to be plenty fall time to allow effect. I would think, that if you were to further extreme the circumstances, maybe change the falcon feather and hammer to a single piece of goose down and a jumbo jet, dropped from the height that a jet travels. Which one of these two objects do you believe would impact first? And, yes that is the same difference!
In your world birds wings may as well be covered in bricks? ;-]]]]]]]
izzythepush

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 01:53 am
@Kalopin,
So you can't. There is no point in talking to you any longer.

Kalopin

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 08:42 am
@izzythepush,
There is no point if you wish to remain in some delusionary world.
There is a point if you would like to come out of Plato's "Allegory of the Cave"! Are you recognizing the allegory within these pages?
Do you all understand what his legacy will reveal? ;-]
0 Replies

parados

Sun 13 Apr, 2014 04:46 pm
@Kalopin,
So if a heavier ball travels faster then a 6 billion ton ball will fall faster, will it not?
Kalopin

Mon 14 Apr, 2014 07:08 am
@parados,
If you are referring to the Moon, it was in very low orbit. Your impact physics is flawed. If you are trying to disprove a Lunar impact to the Mediterranean using current understandings of impacts-good luck! It can not be done. As Chicxulub was not big enough and was not even in the same time frame to kill off the dinosaurs, understandings of impacts has to be revised. [So, they got it wrong!] The current beliefs are wrong. It would take a much larger impact to cover the planet in a layer of iridium and cause the mass extinction and the geography that is so apparent.
So, however fast it was travelling was obviously just enough for the effects that are clearly visible. Unless you can come up with some other device to bring about this topography, well?
No one can deny that these features exist and there has never been any scenario given to explain why. I offer you all the truth, what you may do with this is your choice...
parados

Tue 15 Apr, 2014 06:08 am
@Kalopin,
Quote:
So, however fast it was travelling was obviously just enough for the effects that are clearly visible.

So then a larger iron ball doesn't fall faster? It falls slower?
0 Replies