Are you addicted to Oreos?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 08:13 am
@Lustig Andrei,
As a brand name they're pushed remorselessly by advertisers. I don't know what the fuss is, they're no better than (non branded) bourbons or custard creams which are a fraction of the price.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-r5nBPT7ShE4/UVfTMtf8dlI/AAAAAAAAFeo/E4nVqcSJiZ4/s640/Bourbon.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Custard_cream_biscuit.jpg
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 08:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh,I quite agree. In the US you can now get perfect duplicates of Oreos that may not be called Oreos because of trademark laws. But, know what? If they look like Oreos, everybody still calls it an oreo, even though it isn't. It's become a generic term.
aspvenom

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 09:43 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Did someone say Oreos? MMMM finger licking good Very Happy
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2013 09:44 am
If you're thinking about bad mouthing Oreos because they ain't your thing then wash your mouth out with these righteous cookies!
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013-11/enhanced/webdr05/7/14/enhanced-buzz-16345-1383851294-35.jpg
http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/glorious-food-soaps
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2013 12:17 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Oh,I quite agree. In the US you can now get perfect duplicates of Oreos that may not be called Oreos because of trademark laws. But, know what? If they look like Oreos, everybody still calls it an oreo, even though it isn't. It's become a generic term.
Do thay taste the same ?
Sturgis

Reply Sat 9 Nov, 2013 12:38 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Addicted? No.
I have eaten large quantities of them but have no withdrawal or upset when a package is empty.

Just about impossible to eat them anymore anyway they're so darned dry and throat clogging.
0 Replies

stevem13

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 06:49 am
@Foofie,
I second that.
Oreo is okay but hard candies make my day.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 09:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:
Do thay taste the same ?

Taste exactly th same to me. Hydrox just calls 'em chocolate cookies, I believe. They're identical in appearance to the originals.
0 Replies

Jpsy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 05:05 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yes, I've heard that certain foods activate the same pleasure centers as addictive drugs, but I never realized it activated those centers more than drugs. Wow. That explains our obesity problem in a nutshell. I've tried to diet 1,000 times, but I always give in and go back to eating eat sugary and fattening foods. & the food industry is very aware of these studies unfortunately. They do there best to make processed foods that are extremely addicted. The more these processed foods activate the pleasure centers in our brain, the more addicted we become to them, and the more $$$ they make.
0 Replies

stevem13

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 05:18 am
Oreo topics have been quite controversial, lately. I prefer staying away from it.
Jpsy

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:49 am
@stevem13,
Quote:
Oreo topics have been quite controversial, lately. I prefer staying away from it.

What are you saying? Are you pro or anti Oreo?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:56 am
An expert in action-

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 05:27 pm
Or, this is all a canard promulgated by rabid anti-Oreoites. People that eat Oreos should have their own country, so they can eat Oreos in peace.
Jpsy

Reply Mon 2 Dec, 2013 10:18 pm
@Foofie,
Death to the anti-Oreoites! Oreo lovers unite. This country was founded on the principle that I should have the freedom to eat my Oreos where I want, when I want and with whom I want. The anti-Oreoites are conniving, fascist tyrants. This is nothing more than a communist conspiracy for the benefit of the anti-Oreoites.
Jpsy

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:07 am
@Jpsy,
Oh, come on people, I'm just joking.
0 Replies