Reply Sun 20 Oct, 2013 06:03 pm
@neologist,
No. 12 and no. 126.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 01:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
This is yet another thread intended to question (or even mock) orthodox religious views.

I wanted to explore contradictions, and the interest is more in language than in religion itself.
I spun it into a context of religions because contradictions are often found in religious texts, perhaps more so than anywhere else. There are perhaps several reasons for this, but it is pretty clear that involving religion in this thread served as a distraction.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 06:44 am
I agree that religion muddies the waters. You could have tried politics . . . for example, see my post #5471488 in Mystery Man's thread about his beliefs Of course, politics evokes just the same emotionalism, and probably in the same degree, as religion.
IRFRANK

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 09:08 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Of course, politics evokes just the same emotionalism, and probably in the same degree, as religion.

True, and when idealism replaces reasoned thought both are just as dangerous.

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Oct, 2013 09:31 am
@IRFRANK,
The problem being, of course, that the True Believer knows he is right, and that ultimately any method, any expedient is the means which are justified by the end.
0 Replies