Multi shootings revisited

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 04:20 pm
We see it in front view, officers attempting to gain control of her car when evidently to exit a barricade it appears to make a sudden clockwise quarter turn--apparently called "a three-point turn"--as if in front-wheel-only drive

Merely a detail but what's so puzzling is that nobody else has remarked on its strange (to me) behavior. Is it that I'm so far behind the times as not to instantly realize its cause
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,047 • Replies: 2
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2013 05:51 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Merely a detail but what's so puzzling is that nobody else has remarked on its strange (to me) behavior. Is it that I'm so far behind the times as not to instantly realize its cause

I haven't bothered to pay enough attention to even notice the detail you are referring to.

Look, terrorists like to use car bombs, right?

al-Qa'ida would love to destroy the White House, and failing that, attack the Capitol, right?

This car tried to aggressively force its way past security and drive right up to the White House.

When it failed to breach the perimeter, it evaded police and made a very high speed beeline directly towards the Capitol.

What exactly were our security services supposed to make of this behavior?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 7 Oct, 2013 10:34 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I haven't bothered to pay enough attention to even notice the detail you are referring to.
Yes that's so surprising. When I was a kid cars couldn't do that. It won't be long before the back wheels pivot also, permitting a sudden sidewise shift

Quote:
Look, terrorists like to use car bombs, right?
I suppose so Ora though can't see how this observation might bear on the steering capability of a vehicle. At my age I guess I'm a bit slow to apprehend inferences
0 Replies