smurf10

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 08:53 am
Recently turned 22 and i am gay. not out yet. I have started using online dating sites and meeting guys discreetly. i have met this guy a few times now and he is great. he is not out either. we are having alot of fun and enjoy what we are doing. he told me before that he is getting feelings for me and thinks he loves me. he said he thinks he is going to come out because he has found me and wants to be with me. i do care about him alot but dont feel ready to come out yet. it is scaring me that he might come out and tell people i am gay too.

jespah

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:07 am
@smurf10,
You two don't have much of a relationship if you can't trust him with secrets and he's insensitive to your desire for privacy.

Communication is the key. Talk to each other, ferchrissakes! If he wants to come out, then it is his business, but it becomes yours once he talks about outing you. And he can out himself without involving you at all - he can even tell his family and friends that he is in a loving relationship with someone who currently wishes to remain nameless.

But once he starts blabbing your name, then it is your business and it is your issue.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2013 11:43 am
Two issues here: 1) coming out and 2) having a relationship. Either one does not have to be public - yet.

Why don't you two get to know each other and when and if you decide to make your relationship "public" then you can decide how and when to do that.
0 Replies

psychedelic1

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2013 04:18 am
@smurf10,
He should make you be satisfied with trusting him that he will never come out before you let him go. Otherwise, with these kinds of suspects, even if you two get in a relationship, it won't go further properly. You should talk to him to make sure Smile
0 Replies

RagingThunder

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:58 pm
@smurf10,
Ok man, You are 22... I think its time to come out. If you love him too.
Here are some Clues how to come out Smile http://www.wikihow.com/Come-Out-As-a-Gay-or-Lesbian-Teen
Good luck Very Happy (if you love that guy, it will be better to come out)
0 Replies