nah, he's an angel: http://able2know.org/topic/186020-2#post-5701726
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Tue 1 Jul, 2014 08:37 am
Since He's legion I'm going to guess SCOTUS
0 Replies

MWal

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 09:55 am
ha Satan the accuser. He takes the damned souls to hell and administers punishment. He's the undertaker. Never an angel.

Not to be confused with Lucifer, the light, Omni the fallen angel.
kiuku

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 04:47 pm
@MWal,
Iblis though. I don't know...it's like..upsetting to me that they have confusing beliefs...why is there Lucifer and then Satan, and then someone somewhere proved they are the same, but I didn't read the proof, I just took their word for it. Satan is with God, Satan is with Jesus too, so, he's not a half-man like Jesus. He has to be an angel, angels are born from fire, according to Islam.

You can't take something from Islam and put it in Christianity. but

Islam is the religion that has Satan in it, unlike Christianity.

Then there is the Devil and that's different than both Satan and Lucifer; Lucifer is a fallen king, though...sighs. I don't know. I think I did some ground breaking work that says Kings were Angels, Kings of nations basically, of the Old World; Lucifer had enjoyed himself as a king of both Heaven and Earth, according to literature, and the bible, and therefore probably was an angel. God loved Lucifer the most; his name means Light from Darkness, the basic creation event.

In Islam, Islam has the entire event written, that Satan said he would not behave as if men and women were his superior, because he was made out of fire, because he was an angel, and so God threw him out. Christianity and Catholicism's myth is that it was a war. So I've been able to paint a picture that at one time God was putting Mankind directly in charge.
kiuku

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 05:02 pm
@kiuku,
making sense...Satan's basic position -since then- has been to prove that men and women are evil.
MWal

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 05:33 pm
@kiuku,
Satan is false dirty. An angel would never rebel with his free will, he would choose between apples and oranges.
neologist

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:51 pm
@kiuku,
kiuku wrote:
making sense...Satan's basic position -since then- has been to prove that men and women are evil.
Actually, his position has been to prove God is a liar, and humans would not only be better off setting their own standards of right and wrong, but would serve God only for selfish motives.
neologist

Sat 5 Jul, 2014 08:54 pm
@MWal,
MWal wrote:
Satan is false dirty.
Huh?
MWal wrote:
An angel would never rebel with his free will . . .
Yet he did. You have not considered all the angles. Of course, neither did he.
0 Replies

kiuku

Sun 6 Jul, 2014 05:40 pm
@neologist,
He just says that to humans, though. His point is to do humans in, and live with God by himself, and the other angels.

If his war was over not kneeling before humans, and if he's arguing to God about the worthiness of men and women, I doubt he has your interests at heart. that's just what he says, knowing man's ego.
neologist

Sun 6 Jul, 2014 08:35 pm
@kiuku,
Genesis 3:15 predicts Satan's death as a consequence of his rebellion. Do you think God unable to take away a life he created?
kiuku

Sun 6 Jul, 2014 11:09 pm
@neologist,
well,...uh, I don't think that's the definition of God, to be unable to do something. yea so...I guess Satan doesn't get anything after all.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 29 Dec, 2020 12:50 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Romeo Fabulini wrote:
What is he?

A mythological figure with no more relevance than Loki or Anubis.

He's even less relevant than Loki, since his Disney+ series is coming out this May 2021.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 2 Jan, 2021 08:24 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I think you'd be interested to know that Jesus and Satan are probably two halves of the same whole.

Isaiah 45:7 says that God has domain over light AND darkness (sorry ppl, but Satan is NOT God's equal). And many of the letters say that the purpose of evil is for our spiritual growth. And parts of the Old and New Testament refer to both Jesus and Satan as a morning star.
Finally, Old Testament depiction of Satan is as an Accuser, while Jesus is called a "mediator and advocate." In other words, when we talk about Judgement Day, we are talking about a big fake court case where God is accuser, lawyer , prosecutor, witness, judge, jury, and us.
0 Replies