dating in the workplace question

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:06 am
Okay so I work for a nationwide company in a call center, I've only been with the company for just over 2 months. The story goes, about a week ago I offered to help out with new trainees one day (durring my break) and was put in the new hire section. After helping a few people I noticed a girl paying a little more than attention to me. We started talking, we share the same break time so we had lunch at work a few times and ended up exchanging numbers and actually went on a little date this past weekend. We really hit it off and she was even pushing for a second date. (side note: nothing happened physically, I'm a gentleman, and don't kiss on the first date, ha) Now, we are currently in the same position, but I have caught wind that I may be receiving a slight promotion soon. Now with this new position I would be "mentoring" those who are having troubles, or are consistently not meeting their goals.

Now with this information; my question is: would it be unethical or morally wrong to persue further?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,792 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:43 am
@azoh2251,
are you insane? you can only see socially members of the opposite sex who make the same money you do, have the same number of hours, have worked at the company the same numbers of days as you, and who the boss likes exactly as much as you. any other situation is relationsip under power imbalance, practically if not actually RAPE!

watch yourself man, you are on thin ice.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:46 am
@azoh2251,
The only problem I can see is maybe conflict with company policy. Find out before making a decision.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 12:51 am
@roger,
come on, you could have helped me give this scaredy cat "man" a fright.

you are no fun.
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 03:39 pm
@azoh2251,
I dated someone in my office, and this year we will be celebrating our 47th anniversary. Now THAT'S scary!!! Razz
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 1 Oct, 2013 04:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Sorry. I'm often torn between having fun, and trying to help. Sometimes you can do both, of course.
0 Replies