I am writing a book on health care reform and need some help

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:03 am
Hi, my name is Jim and I'm new to this site so if this gets posted in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

I am writing a series of books on health care reform (nothing political, simply what people's concerns are and how to solve them).

I would really love to hear what everyone's concerns are. I'm in the health insurance industry and might have some immediate answers for you.

Thanks,

Jim
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,514 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 27 Sep, 2013 11:09 am
@jconway3,
You can do a Google search and get thousands of FAQs that have already been asked and addressed on the internet.
jconway3

Reply Sun 29 Sep, 2013 02:23 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks. That might be something I'll try. But, I truly want to understand things from the view of the other person. That's why I'm initiating a dialogue.
0 Replies

InsuranceLady

Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 11:21 am
@jconway3,
My interest is a little out there: insurance underwriters depend on many times of background information to develop a good price for each customer (one that will make them money, but will still be purchased). Now that so little of that information is collected, what will be the impact on the dollars spent versus the premiums charged since insurers are limited in the data on what will be spent on a customer? High risk drivers have higher rates for a reason, though I understand you do not need a car to live.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2013 05:21 pm
Sounds like someone isn't a professional writer. Best to seek out some education by enrolling in a Harvard program geared toward a graduate degree in health policy.

I would avoid google, if you consider yourself to be a professional.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2013 06:43 pm
@jconway3,
Sometimes it takes awhile before a new question gets noticed. I don't think using google is useless, but you will need to vet the info you find there. You might try the search engine that catalogs newspaper stories. Often some of the most informative stories about insurance failures appear in local papers.

People dependent on Medicare and medigap policies are sometimes shocked how little the medigap covers. You will probably encounter a few jerks on this forum, there is a group of folks who believe certain ailments are frivolous until they find themselves in that situation.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2013 06:57 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

Sounds like someone isn't a professional writer. Best to seek out some education by enrolling in a Harvard program geared toward a graduate degree in health policy.

You're quite likely about this guy's writer status but don't you think it's funny that you suggest getting a Harvard University grad degree as if it's really easy for just anybody to walk onto campus and enroll?
0 Replies