Acne scars

Mon 9 Sep, 2013 10:36 pm
Hi, I am 27 years old and have had acne all of my life. I also have small but noticible Ice pick scars from my cystic acne that I had while I was pregnant with my last child. I was wondering if adult acne subsides or becomes less as you age or is this always how things will be? Also will my scars fade over time on their own? Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 801 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:10 am
@Patty111,
Hiya,

Well, obviously this is a question you can ask your doctor, and maybe get a referral to a dermatologist for the specifics. I'd also ask either/both about scar revision if it bugs you.

I can tell you, though, that I am 51 years old and I still get acne. For me it is a stress-related thing. So, anecdotally at least, I'd say it's possible for you to continue getting it.

Some people swear by Arnica for scars but it didn't seem to do anything for me re scars on my abdomen from surgery. Didn't try it on my face, though. As always, your mileage may vary.
0 Replies