New Van Gogh painting Discovered

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 08:42 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/world/europe/netherlands-van-gogh-new-painting/
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130909104049-van-gogh-covered-horizontal-gallery.jpg
(CNN) -- More than 120 years after Vincent van Gogh's death, a new painting by the Dutch master has come to light.
The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, which holds the largest collection of the artist's work, announced Monday the discovery of the newly identified painting, a landscape titled "Sunset at Montmajour."
"A discovery of this magnitude has never before occurred in the history of the Van Gogh Museum," the museum's director, Axel Ruger, said in a statement.
Van Gogh is believed to have completed the relatively large painting in 1888, two years before his death and during "a period that is considered by many to be the culmination of his artistic achievement," Ruger said.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 08:47 pm
I saw it.

No opinion, except maybe, what?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2013 10:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
I was at the Van Gogh Museum many years ago.

I like the new painting. It looks better to me close up. I like seeing the brush strokes.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 12:55 am
Apparently, it was found in a garage sale and dismissed on A2K as a fake!

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:14 am
@Lordyaswas,
That's only 'cause Van Gogh painted a tardis in the upper left hand corner.
Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:49 am
@jespah,
What? He invented the Tardis as well as the helicopter?

Or am I thinking of that other bloke?

Oi, Vincent.....wanna drink?
No fanks, I got one ear.
farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 07:32 pm
@Lordyaswas,
It could be just another fake van Gogh a painting by the infamous Leonhard Wacker, brother of the van Gogh scammer/art dealer, Otto Wacker.
I love when the " art experts" have to qear thir opinions.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 09:07 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

That's only 'cause Van Gogh painted a tardis in the upper left hand corner.

That means the painting is authentic as Dr. Who really did visit Van Gogh before he passed away as documented in season five of the nonfiction PBS reality series of his name sake.
jespah

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2013 10:02 am
@tsarstepan,
True! It's a documentary!

Watch out for weeping angels and dalleks!!
0 Replies

AnnieSialo

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 05:46 am
@edgarblythe,
Thanks very much for your interesting share. I have been looking for such content for a really long time.
Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2013 07:02 am
@AnnieSialo,
Thank you for thanking edgar, as I have also been searching out this find for a very long time. Now it has being exposed, I can start my quest for the next amazing find.
I also love spam, especially the business directory kind.
0 Replies