onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 12:06 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Well yes. Yes He is. Smile
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 12:56 pm
@cvaontology,
Quote:
In my mind, I have every logical reason to think that God would have come himself as Jesus. Any other version of that is cruel. God would have picked a point in time and jumped to earth blind and was probably born by the female of himself mother.
Mary. That is the best way I can make sense out of the scriptures, with God I know and including the miracles and scriptures in our human history. And some of it might be true.

What do you make of the scriptures where Jesus would say things like: "I come to do my Father's will, not my own." ?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 01:48 pm
@cvaontology,
OK, well. . .
To whom did Jesus pray?
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 01:52 pm
@onevoice,
onevoice wrote:
Well yes. Yes He is. Smile
OK, well then. . .
In addition to the question asked above, I would add.
Who resurrected Jesus?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 03:58 pm
http://biblehub.com/mark/13-32.htm
How can one not know, and yet know.
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 06:10 pm
@neologist,
I am still a bit quick with my tongue sometimes. Forgive me for spouting before thinking please. Smile I am researching a few things here to see if I can put together what it is I am trying to communicate here. However, when you're wrong, you're wrong. If I am wrong I will admit it. Smile
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 06:16 pm
@onevoice,
There is no question that Jesus is divine, and without him we would be up the proverbial creek.

Have you ever read Proverbs chapter 8 closely? See if you can determine who is speaking, particularly at vs 22
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 06:39 pm
@neologist,
Thank you neo. Will do.

That apolgy was extended to all. Smile
0 Replies

onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:05 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
There is no question that Jesus is divine, and without him we would be up the proverbial creek.

Have you ever read Proverbs chapter 8 closely? See if you can determine who is speaking, particularly at vs 22

Yes, many times. Smile Never hurts to read it again... And again... And again... Love proverbs, and Song of Solomon.

Wax on... Wax off...

Wax on... Wax off...

Very Happy That was awesome.
Amoh5

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I can see it loud and clear Romeo, I think your discussion ended up in the God forum because it has the word God in your question. ------------------------------------------------- I am a Christian and I think Lord Jesus is God spiritually but not physically. Lord Jesus always says in his gospels that God is spirit, and the Father which makes complete sense to me. For me the resurrection is a spiritual metaphor and not a physical one. People can misinterpret the NT bible if they do not know what is literal and what is not literal. Lord Jesus himself said he was speaking figuratively one part there.
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:49 pm
@Amoh5,
Amoh5 wrote:
. . . Lord Jesus himself said he was speaking figuratively one part there.
Where? And about what?

BTW, does your bible have the word LORD in capitals?
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 08:50 pm
@onevoice,
So, Proverbs 8:22, did you see who that is?
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:10 pm
@neologist,
Yes... No... Maybe... I believe so, but please be patient with me as I am only now starting to read the bible again in... Errr... I really don't know how long. So mine's a bit dusty, and I might just be a little squeaky myself sometimes... Lol
neologist

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:15 pm
@onevoice,
You are miles ahead of squeaky
onevoice

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:30 pm
@neologist,
This... Has been amazing, to say the least. Finding missing pieces. Seeing, my life, my self, this world through a whole different light. It literally leaves me speechless at moments.
0 Replies

Amoh5

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2015 09:53 pm
@neologist,
Speaking figuratively.... John 16:25 The word "Lord" have capitals in my bible? Off the top of my head, I think some chapters do.
neologist

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 01:03 am
@Amoh5,
Just wondering.
It's common in many KJVs
Others too, I think

G'night
Amoh5

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2015 10:31 pm
@neologist,
I was wondering also about the discussion thread on whether Lord Jesus actually existed. I'm not a bible literalist, just a bible moralist, because you have to decide what is literal and what is not literal. -------------------------------------------------------Like all ancient myths and legends from all cultures of the world, mythical connotations are often applied to characters who actually existed or partially existed in a metaphoric way. Like the genesis, all cultures have or had their own interpretations whether in a lliteral or metaphoric way. -------------------------------------------------------- I think the Jews' idea of the genesis is literal and metaphoric, where Adam and Eve are the first parents of the Jewish people as far back as they can actually remember. May be the geneology goes back furtherer than Adam and Eve, but they are the only parents they can recall going back so far in time, who knows? --------------------------------------------------------- What I am trying to get at is that I think many mythical connotations have been applied to Lord Jesus and I agree that some of them are pretty far out. But I don't think any human being can fabricate such a character as Lord Jesus. They can probably add stuff, but not fabricate the very essence of his being. It would take a most intelligent person to fabricate the morals and insights of Lord Jesus I personally think. --------------------------------------------------------- But as a Christian I know who my allegiance belongs to whether so-called realists think I'm in LaLa land or not. I mean, could they do better at prioritiizing human morality? I would think not. I mean we all need a guide that reminds us of how it is to be human, what is insane, what is normal and all those sorts of things. But as I always say"whatever your preference of psychology is, if it keeps you well and thriving, it must be good" But if it doesn't keep you well and thriving, try Christianity.
0 Replies

KoreanGodBeliever

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2015 12:19 am
@rosborne979,
Who created man? Who created atoms? Nothing can be of nothing.