Squeakybro

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2014 07:50 pm
@neologist,
These are the revelations of Jesus Christ. They cover everything anyone would need to explain any subject. Christians are getting no where with these one verse opinions. They leave it open for argument.
0 Replies

Josie Burness

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 08:26 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Mainstream Christianity is that Jesus is God. There are some off shoots and people like JWs that don't believe he is God. Whether or not you think he is God is personal to you and not really anyone else's business. Boy people have gotten heated over such a simple question!
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 12:29 pm
@Josie Burness,
Mainstream christianity has caused more bloodshed than all other religions combined. And the trinty is a God dishonoring falsehood.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 01:45 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Mainstream christianity has caused more bloodshed than all other religions combined. And the trinty is a God dishonoring falsehood.

Sorry, Neo, but this needs to be said.

If there is a GOD...the god of the Bible is dishonoring that GOD.

If there actually is a GOD...anyone suggesting the GOD is anything like that cartoon god of the Bible...is dishonoring the GOD more than the notion of the trinity dishonors the cartoon of the Bible.
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 04:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, Frank. You and I still disagree over my assertion that there are two forces at work.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 05:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

This is you insisting you're right Frank. This is what it looks like.
neologist

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2015 05:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . the god of the Bible is dishonoring that GOD.
I gues I would simply re write that to say "the god of this world is dishonoring the true God."

But that might cause you to stop and think whether you might have some obligation to the true God. . .
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:45 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

This is you insisting you're right Frank. This is what it looks like.

This is you giving an opinion about me giving an opinion, Izzy.

If you think giving an opinion is "insisting one is right"...then we are all doing it.

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:47 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . . the god of the Bible is dishonoring that GOD.
I gues I would simply re write that to say "the god of this world is dishonoring the true God."

But that might cause you to stop and think whether you might have some obligation to the true God. . .

I think the god described in the Bible is about as disgusting a god as I've seen proposed anywhere.

Obviously you do not agree.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 10:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
No it's not, you're too blunt and insensitive to see what you're doing, but you are doing it, and this is what pisses so many people off.

I'm only trying to help. Someone who can piss off Edgar, of all people, has to be doing something wrong.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 11:12 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No it's not, you're too blunt and insensitive to see what you're doing, but you are doing it, and this is what pisses so many people off.

Are you suggesting I lie...or are you suggesting I not share my opinions? Or perhaps are you suggesting that I submit my opinions to you or someone else for editing...so as to meet some standard that you think I am not meeting?

Quote:

I'm only trying to help. Someone who can piss off Edgar, of all people, has to be doing something wrong.

Not sure why you think that. Edgar regularly gets pissed off with people who have a take on issues other than his. Regularly! He is easily pissed off.

I am more respectful and courteous than the average person here in A2K, Izzy. I certainly am more respectful and courteous than you are in WAY too many of your posts. You are much more likely to rant and swear and vilify an opponent than I.

I like you, Izzy, but I think it is extremely presumptuous of you to suppose you can give lessons in respectful, courteous posting.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 11:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
You could express your opinions so they don't sound like a papal edict.

(Actually, I honestly don't know if you can, but if you did, you'd get a lot less **** off of people.)
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 01:25 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You could express your opinions so they don't sound like a papal edict.

(Actually, I honestly don't know if you can, but if you did, you'd get a lot less **** off of people.)

Izzy...I am a LOT less authoritative than many of the posters here...and almost the only thing I am adamant about is "I do not know."

I'm not worried about the "****" I get from people. I try to be reasonable...and decent. I do not try to get over on people.

Yes, I am certain about the stuff I do not know...and when people assert stuff I think is a guess...I can be persistent about questioning it.

But I am not illogical...nor am I the kind who will call people names and always go for the jugular. I often attempt to be conciliatory with people I'm having a scrap with.

I do with a VERY few people I insult and give some crap...(actually, I can only think of one person right now)...but only to someone who continually comes at me with insults.

I have no idea of why people take such offense to me as you are indicating...but I am me and I will continue to be me.

I have a thick skin...and if as many people dislike me as you think dislike me...and if they dislike me with the intensity you seem to be saying they do...

...I will have to endure it.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 01:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
I have no idea of why people take such offense to me as you are indicating...

Well I can't put it any simpler. You're stubborn Frank, and you do give the impression that you're right about everything, even when it's not knowing.

I don't know if anyone dislikes you but, you repeat yourself, and refuse to take on new information.

Your refusal to even contemplate reading a philosopher so you could engage fully in a debate says all.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 03:52 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
I have no idea of why people take such offense to me as you are indicating...

Well I can't put it any simpler. You're stubborn Frank, and you do give the impression that you're right about everything, even when it's not knowing.

I would be willing to bet you any amount of money that I could link to 5 places where I acknowledge that I am wrong...for every one you link to where you acknowledge you are wrong. I could probably do that with anyone posting here in A2K. How can you possibly fault me for giving the impression that I am right about everything? I am one of the few here willing to ever acknowledge not being right...and I do it more often than anyone in the forum.

As far as impressions go...who here does not give the impression they are right when giving an opinion?

What is bothering you, Izzy?

Quote:
I don't know if anyone dislikes you but, you repeat yourself, and refuse to take on new information.

Everyone here repeats him/her self. There is not much new in this world...and there is even less in this forum.

I would have an independent arbitrator compare my posts with yours...or anyone else. And I think I would fair nicely.

What is bothering you, Izzy?

Quote:
Your refusal to even contemplate reading a philosopher so you could engage fully in a debate says all.

One of my majors in college was philosophy, Izzy. I am now 78 years old...and I am not going to start re-reading books I read a long while ago.

And most of my arguments do not require it.

Most of my arguments are that I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence.

What makes you think I need a philosopher to deal with that?

What is your difficulty with me, Izzy?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 04:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You can lead a horse to water.....

I really don't give a monkeys Frank. Do whatever the **** you want to do.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 06:30 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You can lead a horse to water.....

I really don't give a monkeys Frank. Do whatever the **** you want to do.

Thank you, Izzy.

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 07:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Most of my arguments are that I do not know the true nature of the REALITY of existence.
Were we to take that to its extreme, Frank, we might never get out of bed.
Now me, I get along OK with my naive realism.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2015 09:24 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Were we to take that to its extreme, Frank, we might never get out of bed.
Now me, I get along OK with my naive realism.

I suggest you take it to the extreme, Neo. Obviously I do. I suggest everyone do that.

That does not preclude "living in (what might be) the illusion."

I'm having lots of fun doing what I am doing in (what might be) the illusion...and have no desire to test it. I am not committed to the notion that it IS AN ILLUSION...so I have no ego factor to satisfy.

Whatever happens at the end will happen. And if it has all been an illusion...and if it is possible to know it was...I will know. If not...I may very well simply turn to dust and...nothing.

But...as my tag line says...

0 Replies

cvaontology

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2015 06:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
In the time of Jesus there were about 300,000,000 people on earth. I looked this up because I wanted to know how much we could trust the recorded history. Humans had already been writing and recording for about 2,000 years (no cell phone cameras yet). Socrates and company were hanging out in Greece about 400 years before that. What ever Jesus did, it was not forgotten and it was recorded and shared around the known world. Obviously it was universally excepted as a reason to start using his birth with in 7 years or so as a starting point for calendars. We should probably except that he was one cool dude. People forget that Jesus was poor and simple and he walked around with drifters. Personally I think that if the resurrection is true, it is the one sign from god that he has a plan for us and that he is there. In my mind, I have every logical reason to think that God would have come himself as Jesus. Any other version of that is cruel. God would have picked a point in time and jumped to earth blind and was probably born by the female of himself mother.
Mary. That is the best way I can make sense out of the scriptures, with God I know and including the miracles and scriptures in our human history. And some of it might be true.