neologist

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .That notion that there is a GOD in the first place (forgetting about its nature and its composition)...is nothing more than a blind guess.

Isn't that right?

And if you say "No, it is not"...how can you possible make it more?

Anything you could possibly offer MAY BE delusion...and there is no way you can determine if it is or is not.
A little at a time, Frank.
Start with John 13:35
izzythepush

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:36 pm
@neologist,
"Police Constable Rene 'Doubty' Descartes absent-mindedly flicked the familiar coconut shells from the sleeve of his only vicuna swimming trunks and stared pointlessly across the crab-befouled beaches of Whitebay. 'I stare pointlessly,' he thought, 'therefore I....' "

The London Casebook of Detective Rene Descartes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brand_New_Monty_Python_Bok
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:07 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .That notion that there is a GOD in the first place (forgetting about its nature and its composition)...is nothing more than a blind guess.

Isn't that right?

And if you say "No, it is not"...how can you possible make it more?

Anything you could possibly offer MAY BE delusion...and there is no way you can determine if it is or is not.
A little at a time, Frank.
Start with John 13:35

Why would I want to do that, Neo?

You are guessing there is a god...right?

neologist

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Glad yer thinkin. I knew that bullet shaped bean was good for sumpin
0 Replies

kiuku

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:21 pm
If Jesus had God's Will, obviously he did, what is the difference?
0 Replies

Enaj

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Are you a Jew or a Christian mate?
No true Christian gives a rats ass what other religions think of hell or anything else, because Jesus trumps them all, it's not rocket science.

You do realize that Christianity is a sect of Judaism, that the OT is Hebrew, that Jesus was Jewish, not Christian, and so we share the OT with the Jews and the OT barely if at all mentions hell. Your belief of hell is similar to the pagan religions in the surrounding area of Israel, and not that of Jesus' faith.
Hell means to cover over, such as helmet, and so translators understood that it was the grave that was meant, and not some fiery place of torment.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:53 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .Why would I want to do that, Neo?

A guess if you say as much.
But an assertion that only one group on earth truly qualifies to be his people
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:23 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .Why would I want to do that, Neo?

A guess if you say as much.
But an assertion that only one group on earth truly qualifies to be his people

A guess...a blind guess that there is a god.

The base of the pyramid.

Upside down!

Deal with that base, Neo.

Forget this other game playing nonsense.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:29 pm
Quote:
Enaj said: we share the OT with the Jews and the OT barely if at all mentions hell.

If the Old T is all we need, why did God send Jesus to give us the New T?
neologist

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:37 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
If the Old T is all we need, why did God send Jesus to give us the New T?
We need both if we are to understand God's purpose. The Law provides proof that Jesus is the Christ. When he fulfilled the Law, he instituted the New Covenant.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .A guess...a blind guess that there is a god. . .
I'll stick with my guess over yours any day, Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:32 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
. . .A guess...a blind guess that there is a god. . .
I'll stick with my guess over yours any day, Frank.

Fine...I have no problem with that.

Any guess I would make that there are gods...or are no gods...

...would be nothing but blind guesses.

Any guesses I would make about the nature of that god...what pleases it and what offends it...

...would be nothing but blind guesses.

If you want to think your blind guesses are better than my blind guesses (which I do not bother to make)...

...go for it.

BUT ALL THEY ARE...ARE BLIND GUESSES.

You are here arguing minutia about the nature of a god that is nothing more than a blind guess on your part...and on the part of the people with whom you are arguing.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:14 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Any guesses I would make about the nature of that god...what pleases it and what offends it.....would be nothing but blind guesses.

Nah mate, the bible explains exactly what God likes and doesn't like, there's no blind guessing involved at all!
worldtraveler24

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 12:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It is all based on faith in God's Word. You must first have faith...then the rest of your relationship with GOD is based on that faith. If you don't regard the Bible as GOD's Word than there is no foundation upon which to base any argument. At that point it becomes pure guessing.

We that profess Christianity do believe and hold that the Bible is the unadulterated Word of God. We believe that it shows us the path to GOD though its 66 books. It is only by the Bible that we understand that sin is sin. It is only by the Word of GOD that we can find salvation.

Frank, as much as I understand your position, you also have to understand ours. This is why we say what we say because we make the Bible the authority in our lives.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 01:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: Any guesses I would make about the nature of that god...what pleases it and what offends it.....would be nothing but blind guesses.

Nah mate, the bible explains exactly what God likes and doesn't like, there's no blind guessing involved at all!

Yeah, there is. The GUESS is that what the Bible says is worth anything at all.

The Bible does indeed say there is a GOD...and the Bible does indeed tell us what the god is like...what pleases and what offends it.

But any thoughts that any of that is correct...

...is nothing but a blind guess.

Thanks for giving me these chances to repeat that, Romeo.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 01:35 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

It is all based on faith in God's Word. You must first have faith...then the rest of your relationship with GOD is based on that faith. If you don't regard the Bible as GOD's Word than there is no foundation upon which to base any argument. At that point it becomes pure guessing.

It is pure guessing no matter what.

YOU are guessing that what the Bible says is correct...that people who lived thousands of years ago in a superstitious setting...knew the REALITY.

PURE GUESSWORK, WT!

Quote:
We that profess Christianity do believe and hold that the Bible is the unadulterated Word of God.

Yes, you who profess Christianity do indeed GUESS THAT.

We agree on that.

Quote:
We believe that it shows us the path to GOD though its 66 books. It is only by the Bible that we understand that sin is sin. It is only by the Word of GOD that we can find salvation.

Yes, I understand that you guess that.

I wonder at times what would make a sane, intelligent person guess that way...but you people do.

Quote:
Frank, as much as I understand your position, you also have to understand ours. This is why we say what we say because we make the Bible the authority in our lives.

I do understand that...and respect it as much as possible. But when discussed in an Internet forum...I have to speak up for my position.

My position is that it is all BLIND GUESSWORK.

You guess there is a GOD, because the Bible tells you there is a god.

You guess about the nature of that god...about what pleases it and what offends it...and what it expects of humans, because the Bible tells you what to guess.

You guess that the Bible is telling you the truth.

Make it your "authority" if you want...

...but take a look at it in the light.

It is all nothing but a series of blind guesses.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:05 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: the bible explains exactly what God likes and doesn't like, there's no blind guessing involved at all!
Frank Apisa countered with: Yeah, there is. The GUESS is that what the Bible says is worth anything at all.

When Klaatu arrived on earth he said to the professor "Let me clue you in on a few things" and jotted down some secrets of the universe-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Klaatu-blackbd_zps124ace8a.jpg~original
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/rennie-blackboard_zpsea5116e4.jpg~original

Likewise when Jesus arrived he said-
"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" ( Matt 13:35)
So I'm sure all open-minded people would want to hear him out..Wink
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 02:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said: the bible explains exactly what God likes and doesn't like, there's no blind guessing involved at all!
Frank Apisa countered with: Yeah, there is. The GUESS is that what the Bible says is worth anything at all.

When Klaatu arrived on earth he said to the professor "Let me clue you in on a few things" and jotted down some secrets of the universe-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Klaatu-blackbd_zps124ace8a.jpg~original
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/rennie-blackboard_zpsea5116e4.jpg~original

Likewise when Jesus arrived he said-
"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world" ( Matt 13:35)
So I'm sure all open-minded people would want to hear him out..Wink

Now you are going into your "silly walk" routine. You usually hold that back for a bit. You must see that your arguments hold no water...so time to bail out! (All puns intended.)
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 03:49 pm
Quote:
Frank "Torquemada" Apisa said to me: your arguments hold no water...so time to bail out! (All puns intended.)

Yes you'd better climb out of the ring for a breather mate, come back later to try to complete the full fifteen rounds..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2014 04:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank "Torquemada" Apisa said to me: your arguments hold no water...so time to bail out! (All puns intended.)

Yes you'd better climb out of the ring for a breather mate, come back later to try to complete the full fifteen rounds..Smile

I'm right here, Romeo. Trying to help you up off the floor. Slippery devil, isn't it?

Keep trying...but don't flail. You look silly when you flail.
0 Replies