Can't remember a film title....help, driving me mad!!

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 08:07 am
Trying to remember a film, but can't think of the title.
I know a couple arrive and moved to a small village - They get unpacking....they see the village being nice and strange thing keep happening.

When they try to leave the village, there car break down on a bridge.

At some point the guy tries running through the field and lightning is coming from the sky, and he can't leave. He shouts why can't he leave

Errmmm...remember he answers te phone that is ringing and he is told to go to a house ...errmmm at the end of the film, they learn to live there. Most people who arrive in this village have to stay.

Annoying me, I would have watched this 10-13 years ago, maybe more...was a good film

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,222 • Replies: 10
No top replies

chai2

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2013 08:15 am
@Mart0787,
ooooo....oooo....I know this. Let me think.

Was there a part where he was driving really fast to leave, and all of a sudden he would find his car driving right back into the town? Like no matter what he did, he just kept driving toward them?
0 Replies

buzzcat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 11:00 pm
@Mart0787,
It sounds like "Population 436"
The village can only ever have exactly 436 people. Anyone who tries to leave will be prevented from doing so by supernatural means.
chai2

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2014 09:10 am
@buzzcat,
That's a good guess, but I just looked and the guy trying to escape gets killed at the end. A new person shows up, getting a flat tire right on the border of town and a cop takes him into town.
0 Replies

Naedre

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:40 am
@Mart0787,
Could it be a Twilight zone episode?
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 11:44 am
@Naedre,

might be stephen king's "Crouch End" (part of the Nightmares & Dreamscapes series)...
chai2

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 12:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
Naw, I know it's not that one RP.

I can see it in my mind clear as day, but it wasn't one that I would have remember the title.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 12:13 pm
I found it!!!

In the Mouth of Madness.

A John Carpenter film.

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 12:27 pm
@chai2,

aha!
well, the OP may never find their way back to this.

so, here... http://www.clker.com/cliparts/I/h/3/p/I/S/red-award-ribbon-hi.png
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 12:35 pm
A "The New Avengers" TV episode some 25-odd years ago touched on the same theme of being a prisoner in a non-prison.
It was a hotel, but whenever guests tried to leave, something would happen, for example their cars wouldn't start, or they'd be knocked unconscious by a "falling branch", or high voltage power lines were blocking the road etc.
One "guest" manages to get a message to Steed saying "Help me get out of here", so Steed books in to check it out..
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2014 12:56 pm
@Region Philbis,
Thanks!

Every time this thread would come up, it would drive me crazy.

Don't know why I couldn't find it before.
0 Replies