why walking for weight loss instead of running

Russellcharles

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 11:15 am
@ludhiyaparker,
Walking is better than nothing, but if you can combine walking and fitness centre even better Smile
0 Replies

roxanna00

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 03:17 am
@fordmart,
Well yes, this is actually true. Walking helps in more than one ways to loose weight, and is way effective than running.
0 Replies

lazoithelife

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2016 07:29 am
@fordmart,
Running also helps to control apetite, so runner may lose more weight as walkers do, no matter how far the walkers go, but still running is not for everyone...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 06:29 am
and a brisk hike in the woods or the non-paved paths in a park where you are focusing on the rougher terrain does not expose you to repeated point stresses on your legs and feet like walking or jogging on a macadam road.
Besides , you wont get bored out of your skull because you are constantly busy focusing on your path of travel and youre more able to exercise your senses and be aware of the tiniiest aspects of your surroundings (rather than just traffic).
While Im never gonna become pro exercise guys like Joe Nation or George, Ive lost about 30 pounds since February and Ive added about 10 rare bird species to my life list.
We are starting to get reports of occasional bears around the N Lancaster area,maybe Ill be lucky enough to see one of them.

George

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 07:28 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
. . . We are starting to get reports of occasional bears around the
N Lancaster area,maybe Ill be lucky enough to see one of them.

And if you're very lucky it won't see you.
farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:13 am
@George,
naah, Ive chased bears and , up till the next one, theyve allrun awy from me.Anyway, when Im in my gas field project areas of N Pa I always carry a 357 revolver(the bears up there are 6-700 pounds (with several record 800 pounders).
Around here I dont need to carry. I do have my joong bong stick that I mqade from a thicker bamboo staff where Ive stuffed 2 12 oz sinkers inside an filled the whole center cavity with epoxy and fit with a Korean joong bong cap.
George

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:17 am
@farmerman,
And there's always grinnin', Davy.
Take care.
farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:20 am
@George,
people actually eat beqr meat. Ive seen a bear roqst and it looks like a hematoma on steroids. Nothing appetizing about the look OR the smell.

Bears should live long and prosper, and dont **** with me unless I
have my camera

Actually, around here, and down at the Delaware seashore in the town of Broadkill, beach where we are, there are plenty of deer. This time of year the male deer are just nutz and will attack a car because they are all full of hormones and are just thinking about one thing, getting laid.

I went on my swamp walk this AM and the hummingbird nest area in a bunch of large holly trees(where still is the rotted foundation of an old settlers cabin), is all empty, the hummers have finally headed south (I guess this cold spell convinced em)

WHATS the best for cardio and weight control, is walking in deep snow. All that lifting of leg and maintaining blnce (although second nature) chews calories and keeps the heart pumping
0 Replies