Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 11:31 pm
Hi. I've just read Not Without My Sister by Kristina, Celeste & Juliana. Probably the most difficult book I have ever read, in the heartache it bought out in me at the abuse meted out to these beautiful young children. I am awestruck by the bravery of these three women in writing it. I came across the COGs in 1973 in Auckland New Zealand as a 16 year old when they visited the Auckland Alternative School which I attended. Many students were really impressed by how happy they seemed but luckily for us we were quite heavily into leftist politics and found their whole god thing escapist. I shudder to think that had we not had this political focus they may have looked enticing to our drug addled & confused adolescent minds. I recall I wrote them a poem which I gave to them saying that I wasn't sure if they were part of "the solution or part of the problem" but I sent them my love until such time as I made up my mind. I thank the stars they never got to me or my friends.
Anyhow, I have a query too. In the book another book is mentioned - called simply the children of god by Deborah Davis, the daughter of moses david I understand. I can find no mention of this book anywhere and for that matter I can find no mention of Deborah Davis either which REALLY surprises me. Can you help please. Also if I can be of any assistance in pursuing those members of cog who sexually abused children please just point me in the right direction. Is there an Australian group attempting to bring these people to justice? And although I am not well off and am in fact on a disability pension I should like to financially contribute to your group's endeavours to make these people accountable for their heinous crimes.
Many thanks & mountains of love to you all
Chris Florian
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,652 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 4 Aug, 2013 11:41 pm
@Chris Florian,
It's on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/The-Children-God-Inside-Story/dp/0310278406

It's also on Worldcat - if you enter your location details it should be able to tell you the nearest holding library

http://www.worldcat.org/title/children-of-god-the-inside-story/oclc/10277376&referer=brief_results
0 Replies