Can an artist be creative enough to draw an alien race more beautiful than humans?

JLNobody

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 09:41 am
@rosborne979,
Good response, Rosborne. I would add that to the extent that the "alien" is perceived as beautiful (i.e., attractive) it is not alien. (Foreign/exotic/strange perhaps but not alien)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 10:21 am
I think this guy lacks imagination . . . this is probably what he has in mind:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/756824-startrek_2.jpg
JLNobody

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 11:03 am
@Setanta,
This one is foreign/exotic/strange perhaps but not alien. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

carlosc2dbz

Reply Thu 1 Aug, 2013 07:43 pm
@rosborne979,
I had forgotten about Avatar. That movie does make them humanoid. you guys make a good point about certain animals we conside ugly like wild pigs and the sort are still beautiful to each other. so i guess i wanted to know if there was a way for an artist to creat a being that is attractive to humans. I guess there is no good answer to this because possibly the question is not logical to begin with. Thank you all for your answers.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 12:49 pm
@carlosc2dbz,
there is much in sexual attraction that is pheromonal and not mere "looks". The chemical stimulants that are emitted by species to be recognized by others of their own species are a gazillion minor molecular changes(most with double and triple bonded compounds of nitrogen or sulfur).
JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 01:42 pm
@farmerman,
Hmmm, interesting thought, Farmer. Are you suggesting that while "looks" reflect culturally conditioned conscious values, pheromonal values are sufficiently unconscious such that we might find some ugly aliens sexy by virtue of their stink?
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 03:15 pm
@JLNobody,
I think we should write a research proposal to test this . First we need some aliens .
JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 03:20 pm
@farmerman,
The nice thing about retirement is that I no longer have to write proposals. I can make it with aliens just for the fun of it.
Oh oh, I sound like Weiner.
farmerman

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 03:26 pm
@JLNobody,
CARLOS PELIGRO
JLNobody

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 06:24 pm
@farmerman,
A.K.A. Carlos Dangler
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 3 Aug, 2013 06:39 pm
I had to laugh at the idea of a VS model being the ultimate universal idea of beauty.

There's this one model they had, I guess she was really popular....she had one look, and that was it. Mouth half open, eyes halfway rolled back into her head....she looked like she was on herion, or about 2 seconds away from passing out drunk, and she happened to be wearing her underwear.
She didn't even look like a woman, more like someones kid sister playing at grownup.

Go figure.
0 Replies

DoctorGotz

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2013 09:31 pm
I think humans could find an alien beautiful (without being sexually attractive) if the alien met human standards of beauty. An alien that looked like Victoria Falls, a rose, or an intricate geometric pattern would probably be considered beautiful by a large number of humans. An alien that looked like a greasy, bubbling mass of pustules would not, even though a member of it's own race found it to be gorgeous.

For most people, sexually attractive aliens are usually simply exotic humans. I guess someone might say that they find an insectoid sexually attractive but I bet we would find that they are strangely attracted to earthly bugs, or lying.

Unless an alien is from another universe, my thought is that we will find our standards of beauty pretty similar. We look into the night sky and and our natural habitat and see beauty everywhere. An alien in our universe is going to be seeing a very similar night sky and the laws of physics (at least in this universe) dictate that alien "nature" is bound to be a lot like ours even on water, ice or lava worlds.

But we are all not what we seem.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2013 10:52 pm
@DoctorGotz,
Return
0 Replies

carlosc2dbz

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2013 01:20 pm
@Setanta,
Yeah that is not what I had in m ind. LOL.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 03:02 pm
@carlosc2dbz,
carlosc2dbz wrote:

I have been thinking if this is humanly possible. When I think beauty, I think of a beautiful face with a very nice body. Miss Universe, or some Victoria Secret models face, or some variation of all that. My question is can the human brain be able to surpass it's idea of what beauty is and create an image or an idea of what beauty, higher than that of a human (or human female), would look like?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, perception, not consensus.

90 percent of all power Ball multimillion dollar winners give it all back in five years to charity and other needy groups.

“You want people walking away from the conversation with some kernel of wisdom or some kind of impact.” Henry Dean Stanton

“What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.” John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2015 03:30 pm
@carlosc2dbz,
There is a tribe in Africa where beauty in a woman is considered only when she has lots of rings in her neck... more rings means the most beautiful.

On the other hand, there is a singer, Nicola Di Bari, who was famous because his peculiar voice and style of music. The singer was uuuuugly, short, skinny, with no male attraction at all. After one of his concerts, a pretty young woman had the chance of getting close to him, she kissed him and told him that he was "beautiful".

He stop walking, and asked her, "how in the world you can see me that way? Do you wear glasses and forgot to use them today? How it comes you are calling me beautiful?"

She said, "it is not beauty what is beauty, but beauty is what you like".

The concept of beauty is of course assumed as one standard, but from here there are several ramifications... in my case, I don't find "beautiful" to many Miss Universe queens, like the recent Colombian first place and US American second place... To me, I like the most those tall, with lots of meat between their curves, as most of the female representatives of Venezuela have been when participating in this contest . those are BEAUTIFUl!!!
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 06:16 pm
@carlosc2dbz,
Isn't Beauty n the eye of the beholder? But what if the beholder is colored blind?
Is this a legal or an illegal Alien we are talking about?
0 Replies

HesDeltanCaptain

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2015 08:32 am
@carlosc2dbz,
Beauty would to be human. Anything by definition not-human might be beautiful, but at the same time bestiality. Smile There's no reason for a human to find a non-human alien sexually attractive. It's the old adage of putting lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. Smile
0 Replies